You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 252>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 4:08am
Someone told me Fury had retired again is that true? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Put something similar in the things that annoy you thread but again another example today of a fight people have a genuine interest in seeing in Fury vs. Joshua talking about a fight happening and then it doesn't end up happening.

Either just make it happen or shut the f**k up talking about it. 
Too many fights in boxing that should be made buy just then don't get put together or not until one or them there stock has fallen.

That's the great thing about ufc. Best fight the best 
Talks are still ongoing so I wouldn't say it's off the table yet.
Fury just giving himself an "out" to fight Manuel Charr if he needs it (a fight nobody wants to see).

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 4:16pm
Benn v Eubank officially off.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And from the joint statement it’s the BBBCs fault as opposed to Benn failing the test 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And from the joint statement it’s the BBBCs fault as opposed to Benn failing the test 
The BBBC did the right thing here - I think most people can see that.
Eddie and the Saurlands have not come out of this looking too good.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:23pm

Benn thought they'd be fighting for the IVF title... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Benn thought they'd be fighting for the IVF title... 
LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:49pm
That would have been a decent fight. Did i read somewhere Benn was favourite? Id see Eubank beating him myself. Been seems overrated. I seen a fair few of his early fights and he didnt look that great. He defo lost one i watched earlybin his career but low and behold he got the decision. He was well beaten in the fight. Cant remember which one. Wasnt going to pay the subscription for it this weekend anyway so.
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:24pm
Remember watching the Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan fight and thinking Benn wore loaded gloves.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Remember watching the Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan fight and thinking Benn wore loaded gloves.
Once a cheat always a cheat so wouldn't put it past him. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 5:00am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

That would have been a decent fight. Did i read somewhere Benn was favourite? Id see Eubank beating him myself. Been seems overrated. I seen a fair few of his early fights and he didnt look that great. He defo lost one i watched earlybin his career but low and behold he got the decision. He was well beaten in the fight. Cant remember which one. Wasnt going to pay the subscription for it this weekend anyway so.

What I don't understand is how Benn had the upper hand in negotiations and was able to impose the conditions on Eubanks. Whatever about the fight weight, the rehydration clause was ridiculous.

Hearn comes out of this looking very badly. But then again, he has form; Dillian Whyte testing positive before the Rivas fight.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:02am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What I don't understand is how Benn had the upper hand in negotiations and was able to impose the conditions on Eubanks. Whatever about the fight weight, the rehydration clause was ridiculous.

Hearn comes out of this looking very badly. But then again, he has form; Dillian Whyte testing positive before the Rivas fight.

Eddie is like one of the old style promoters from the 40's and 50's. The 2 fathers were some boxers back then. ITV used to get massive viewing figures before the sport sold the lot to sky. 
Let Christy Take It.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 10:31pm
Big Heavyweight shock tonight as Tyson Fury stops Dereck Chisora in 10.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Big Heavyweight shock tonight as Tyson Fury stops Dereck Chisora in 10.

Sarcastic yeah?
Total mismatch that one. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:11pm
Looking forward now to Eubank v Smith tomorrow night. Reckon it will be a good fight. Just tip Eubank id say. 
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:33pm
Smith knocks Eubank Jr out in the 4th. Surprising 
I love beer gardens
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:35pm
Nice golf ball under Eubanks right eye
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:40pm
Hes was fairly wobbled. Didn't think Smith would have the power to trouble him like that.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 252>
  Share Topic