You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 252>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 12:51am
joshua is an average boxer if he wasn't from the uk would be nowhere near this level. usyk took the piss tonight had him winning 8:4 on my card and genuinely don't think he reached  100%
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 12:58am
Joshua improved on the first fight but was still nowhere near Uysks level. 
Strange behavior at the end but I’d give him some slack, he’s clearly under huge pressure the last 10years and it’s boiled over. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:01am
It was fairly level im my view after the 9th which Johua won. Uysk upped it then for the last 3 rounds and won comfortably. Joshua always tires if yoy can hold him off for 6 or 7 rounds. He was spent at the end. I think Uysk would beat Fury.
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:02am
And the judge who scored it in AJs favor needs to be sacked immediately 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 9:28am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It was fairly level im my view after the 9th which Johua won. Uysk upped it then for the last 3 rounds and won comfortably. Joshua always tires if yoy can hold him off for 6 or 7 rounds. He was spent at the end. I think Uysk would beat Fury.

I thought Joshua won a max of four rounds. 

Uysk against Fury would be great to see. How could Fury handle the skillset of Uysk and the constant movement and changing of angles.
But I do think Fury wins if he prepares properly. 

I'd like to see Wilder vs Joshua in an eliminator. I think Wilder wins that 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Agree. Cannot get my head around that one.

Zhang was robbed in the fight before too. Dodgy judges ruining the sport.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Uysk Fury would be epic.

AJ is so overated. 

Top boxers have fast hands. His hand speed is so slow.

That speech? WTF was that?
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

The Zhang decision was worse than the one judge giving it to Joshua. There's absolutely no way that Hrgovic done enough to get a draw never mind the win. If Zhang had put a few more combinations together in the couple of rounds that Hrgovic was falling around the place he would have knocked him out.

For a 39 year old heavyweight Zhang done well even though he was wrecked by the end. Its not good for boxing to see decisions like that, its like something you'd see in the wwf or wwe or whatever its called now. 
Let Christy Take It.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:06am
I dipped in and out of the Zhang fight. I wasn't really surprised when i seen the verdict. From the rounds i seen they looked fairly even. Both landing shots at different times. Hrgovich definitely looked fresher and landing in the later rounds. Either way they are 2 awful heavyweights. Terrible. How would Usyk Joshua or a Fury get up for fighting these bums. They would wipe the floor with either with 1 hand tied behind their back. I didn't see much controversy online about the decision. Couldn't have been that big a shock.
I love beer gardens
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:17am
On the Zhang fight, the Compubox stats actually backed up the decision to give it to Hrgovic
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:24am
Not sure what all the fuss is about so. I didn't see Zhang do fook all to have claimed a win.

Edited by doherty - 22 Aug 2022 at 9:25am
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:33am
Zhang barely throwing a punch in the final 3 rounds gave the judges a reason to give it to the favorite. But no way he deserved it. A draw was probably a fair result, Hrgovic only seemed interested every second round, was kinda bizarre. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:35am

Not sure what all the fuss is about so. I didn't see Zhang do fook all to have claimed a win.
Bar scoring the only knock down and wobbling Hrgovic a few times. Hrgovic threw and landed plenty more than Zhang but didn’t really hurt him. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 11:31am

Bar scoring the only knock down and wobbling Hrgovic a few times. Hrgovic threw and landed plenty more than Zhang but didn’t really hurt him. 

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not really into boxing but isn't that how you actually win points in boxing?

If he landed more hits on his opponent then he should win no?
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not really into boxing but isn't that how you actually win points in boxing?

If he landed more hits on his opponent then he should win no?
   It is scored on a round by round basis , so you could actually throw more punches over the whole fight if you have a few big rounds   but actually be behind on points .
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 1:29pm
Kenneth Egan’s input on the fight on newstalk Sunday afternoon was an enjoyable listen and good insight.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 22 Aug 2022 at 1:29pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 10:51pm
What was Kenny Egan's take on it?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 11:08pm
Put something similar in the things that annoy you thread but again another example today of a fight people have a genuine interest in seeing in Fury vs. Joshua talking about a fight happening and then it doesn't end up happening.

Either just make it happen or shut the f**k up talking about it. 
Too many fights in boxing that should be made buy just then don't get put together or not until one or them there stock has fallen.

That's the great thing about ufc. Best fight the best 

Edited by t_rAndy - 26 Sep 2022 at 11:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 252>
  Share Topic