You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 252>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:54pm
anybody watch the Selby Kambosos fight before the main event. Couldn't believe the commentary I was hearing from Andy Lee and Nick Halling. They had Selby winning by about 8 rounds. I'm no boxing expert but it was clear as day Kambosos was miles ahead. Bookies had Kambosos at 1/5 going into the last round yet Andy lee thought Selby was somehow ahead by 8 rounds. How can they get it so wrong. Kambosos won 118-110 and 116-112 on two cards. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

anybody watch the Selby Kambosos fight before the main event. Couldn't believe the commentary I was hearing from Andy Lee and Nick Halling. They had Selby winning by about 8 rounds. I'm no boxing expert but it was clear as day Kambosos was miles ahead. Bookies had Kambosos at 1/5 going into the last round yet Andy lee thought Selby was somehow ahead by 8 rounds. How can they get it so wrong. Kambosos won 118-110 and 116-112 on two cards. 

Yes, was mental. Couldn't believe it was a split decision. Was the most one sided fight of the night.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 3:04pm
In absolute fairness that was a very tough fight to score, and it's proof that people score fights differently on different criteria.

Selby was doing all the work, but was gaining very little and very little shots were landed by either of them until the final 4 rounds.

I scored it 118-110 Kombosos the same as judge #1 because I scored it on ring control and the better punches landed. Judge #3 scored it 115-113 in favour of Selby and I wouldn't call it bad judging either, it's because the first 8 rounds were super hard to score.

Edited by coyne - 01 Nov 2020 at 3:12pm
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

In absolute fairness that was a very tough fight to score, and it's proof that people score fights differently on different criteria.

Selby was doing all the work, but was gaining very little and very little shots were landed by either of them until the final 4 rounds.

I scored it 118-110 Kombosos the same as judge #1 because I scored it on ring control and the better punches landed. Judge #3 scored it 115-113 in favour of Selby and I wouldn't call it bad judging either, it's because the first 8 rounds were super hard to score.
I do agree some fights can be very hard to score but maybe its just me I thought even in the early rounds he was clearly better. You only had to watch the body language of the 2 fighters at the end of the 12th round. Kambosos threw his hands up straight away to celebrate and Selby didnt. Commentators tried to pass it off as kambosos attempting to sway the judges but it was a comfortable win. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 3:32pm
Povetkin hospitalised with COVID, fight is obviously off.

But now we're in a situation where Whyte is looking for a fight and Fury is looking for a fight... 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Povetkin hospitalised with COVID, fight is obviously off.

But now we're in a situation where Whyte is looking for a fight and Fury is looking for a fight... 

Whilst I'd love to see that fight, I think it would be too risky for Fury to consider it at the moment so I would doubt it happens right now and Fury ends up fighting Kabayel.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:48pm
For non-Sky Sports subscribers, Sky Sports Mix (channel 416) are showing Katie Taylor's fight tonight.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:57pm
What time is this fight on?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Not for another 30 mins at least.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
they should pull the other one out now. She can’t get close to Katie 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

they should pull the other one out now. She can’t get close to Katie 

YEah bit too dangerous

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:22pm
Katie just lacks that real powerful punch.... she is battering yer wan yet tge Spaniard is still on her feet and doesn't look very distressed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Katie just lacks that real powerful punch.... she is battering yer wan yet tge Spaniard is still on her feet and doesn't look very distressed.

Yeah I am surprised at her resilience. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
Katie doesn’t have the power sure but her skills and movement is what makes her stand out.
It’s quite similar to mayweather 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:39pm
Homer Simpson Dredrick Tatum vibes. Katie was a class above her
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:46pm
Outstanding boxer, her ability is unrivaled, and a lovely person with it also, she’s planning on sticking around a while which will keep a lot of the others ducking and diving her
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:23am
hope she’s making a good few Bob for herself! 😂😂I wouldn’t trust that Eddie Hearn boy!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:40am
Anyone staying up for the brook fight on the session here so might stay up for it 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 252>
  Share Topic