You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 252>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:35pm
Did Whyte release he statement he was supposed to today?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:36pm
I dont get the hate for eddie hearn. Look what hes done for boxing in england and beyond. Hes made these guys serious money katie included. Im sure hes made lots himself but thats the name of the game. With himself and sky there are huge oppurtunities for boxers right now.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:43pm
He's like an pantomime villain over here - I like the guy but he is a bit chessey at times.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:43pm
I’ve met him when he was up in Newcastle when Josh Kelly was Main Eventing. 
He’s definitely a Del Boy type of character who fancies himself however if he has knowledge that 1 of his fighters are doing dodgy stuff he has much responsibility as the Boxing Associations to stamp it out
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:48pm
But if the powers that be have cleared them to fight, what's he to do? And I'm massively against drug cheats in boxing. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:42pm
They're both in the wrong. The BBOBC should of never sanctioned the fight, Eddie should of been all over it - They all have a collective responsibility to stamp it out imo.

Eddie sold out so that the PPV would go ahead and that's what makes him the bad villain in all of this.

Threatening media outlets with lawyers for supposed Slander isn't exactly making him or Whyte look better. 
sh*t gonna blow when the 'B' sample result gets revealed. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:59pm
SBG Ireland's Lobov in talks with fighting Amir Khan.

It's an odd one
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 1:12am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

SBG Ireland's Lobov in talks with fighting Amir Khan.

It's an odd one

Wha...khan would hammer him. Sure what would khan be doing fightin him. Hes not that desperate.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
Khan's career surely can't be in that bad a state that in the space of a week he's gone from fighting Pacquiao to Artem Lobov.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:25pm
Tbh he's all about the money nowadays and John Kavanagh is promising him big money if he signs with some promoter I've never heard of.

I had recommended to me to watch a young lad called Sunny Edwards, I'd never heard of him til now but then I realised he's with Frank Warren and not Sky so explains why and I believe he's got more talent than all of the so-called prospects on Sky.

Been compared to Naseem Hamed but that's just because he's a right handed Southpaw.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:38pm
Hughie Fury v Povetkin co-main eventing Lomachenko v Campbell

Fury gonna get smashed imo. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:18pm
Andy Ruiz on Joe Rogan Show that rematch announcement is imminent and it's NOT in the UK 

So it has to be MSG again?

Edited by coyne - 01 Aug 2019 at 11:19pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:09pm
Michael Conlan on BT tomorrow night fighting for 2 intercontinental titles
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:16am
He mentioned a possible drop to super bantam on off the brawl this week but judging by what he looked like at the weigh-in, he hasn't a hope of making that weight class. I'd even go as far as to say that he only has about 3 fights left before he has to move up in weight.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:24am
Some atmosphere for Conlon’s entrance, goosebump stuff.

Grace, Let the people sing followed by RHCP

Unionist activists on Twitter are fuming this is happening in Belfast LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:46am
Great interview with Bob Arum at the end. Very honest guy!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 12:49am
Frampton's fight cancelled due to a freak accident. According to him, a large ornament in the hotel lobby was knocked over and hit his left hand, fracturing his 5th metacarpal.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:24am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Frampton's fight cancelled due to a freak accident. According to him, a large ornament in the hotel lobby was knocked over and hit his left hand, fracturing his 5th metacarpal.

LOL
I had to check out what this object is expecting something you’d put on your dining room table, it’s actually this 10 foot pillar LOL

First injured from slipping in the shower now injured trying to keep a 10 ft pillar from falling over. He’s some man
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 252>
  Share Topic