You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 252>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:53pm
Also worth mentioning how many pro-boxers you've seen lose fights and come out of the ring saying they veered away from the agree plan, lost concentration/focus/discipline and paid for it. So it's not easy. 

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
El Puto Amo
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Was just in a dark negative place Sham. 

Trained for 3 month going from 12 stone to 14.3 stone just to lose concentration which resulted in a complete mental collapse. 

It’s a very tough situation. Can’t be losing concentration in Boxing and you can’t be losing your rag in Boxing, learned it the hard way so its time to go away and work on the mental aspects in the game

I'm brave enough to show the moment where my concentration collapsed Deadhttps://i.imgur.com/uZ4Aba8.jpg
Fair enough...could be a blessing in disguise.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was just in a dark negative place Sham. 

Trained for 3 month going from 12 stone to 14.3 stone just to lose concentration which resulted in a complete mental collapse. 

It’s a very tough situation. Can’t be losing concentration in Boxing and you can’t be losing your rag in Boxing, learned it the hard way so its time to go away and work on the mental aspects in the game

I'm brave enough to show the moment where my concentration collapsed Deadhttps://i.imgur.com/uZ4Aba8.jpg

You've only been doing it a few months, you haven't been in a situation where you've been clipped and have experience on how to deal with it and react.  You didnt behave how you maybe should have but now you have the experience so can remember it for the future. Do exactly as your boxing coach has said and go enjoy yourself in ibiza and come back and go again. You'll be much better placed for the grudge rematch Clap 

You're pretty much spot on, thanks.

Showed my face in the gym while he was coaching some semi pros and there were all in kinks laughing and told me to stop taking it personally, basically said yourself and the ref had your pants pulled down and learn from it with an offer of "You can always train with us and if you lose your temper we'll just drop ya" LOL

I do want that rematch though, watch this space LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:05pm
Anyone watch Hughie Fury just now on Channel 5?

His opponent managed to get 2 warnings for low blows, accidentally hit the ref and then pull out because he claims hitting the ref caused a dislocation in his shoulder LOL

He somehow made my fight look good so I'll not be learning anything from that LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:12pm
Dubois v Gorman on BT Sport later on should be a good one Clap
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm

Dubois v Gorman on BT Sport later on should be a good one Clap

Wont see this but Gorman is a bit of a blob really. Dont rate him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:10am
Very sad news about Danika McGuigan Barry's daughter passing away only 30 year old through cancer.

RIP
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Very sad news about Danika McGuigan Barry's daughter passing away only 30 year old through cancer.

RIP
Terrible. RIP

Saw this earlier too, awful stuff

Edited by Croftman - 24 Jul 2019 at 12:21pm
Some people just deserve a slap
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:00pm
No one will be more gutted than Buddy McGirt, he tried to stop the fight in the 9th but Dadashev said no, again in the 10th but McGirt finally stopping it in the 11th which was ultimately too late.

The biggest question is how do you make Boxing safer to stop these incidents from occurring over and over again? Is it the Oz gloves? Light Welterweights wear 8 Oz's which to me personally is absolutely unnecessary - I train with 16 Oz's and currently talking to local promoters fighting at 12 Oz and getting whacked with 12 gloves on hurts, it really does hurt so when I see fighters fight at 8oz/10oz I always think to myself why risk it?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:51pm
Sadly, every boxer knows the risks when they step in to the ring. Read an piece on ESPN about him talking about how he would apply for his green card after that fight and had hoped to move his wife and child over to America with him. Awful news, makes the video of McGirt pleading with him to let him stop the fight even more poignant.

Terrible news about McGuigan's daughter, so young.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:13am
Dillan Whyte been on the wrong stuff again but BBBOC allowed his fight to go ahead because his 'B' sample hadn't been tested in time.

f**k this sport sometimes.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:21am
Seems like because it was UKAD, it wasn't reported to Rivas' camp. Disgraceful if true, especially considering the tragedy that occurred over the weekend. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
The week gets worse for the sport with another death. Just saw the a video on Twitter were the fighter is being held up for the decision but is barely able to hold his head up. Collapses straight after the decision is announced (which he won). How his team didn't realise something was wrong is beyond me.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 7:54pm
Just seen it. They're holding him up while they're announcing the decision of the fight ffs.

Only 23 too.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:07pm
Hughie Fury has signed with Matchroom Boxing.

While we're on the topic of Eddie Hearn... Footage appearing online of him talking to Whyte about the 2 failed tests, seems like Eddie knew of the dodgy stuff going on but he's pulled the excuse of "We were cleared to fight so you're chatting sh*t" 

sh*t will blow up when the results of the 'B' sample is revealed.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
I like Eddie - I think he's done well by boxing in the UK. I also think he's like on of those Essex "lads" who's out for a few quid. In this case I kinda see his point (I didn't initially when this all came out). If all the powers that be say the fight should go ahead and he has to break a contract at serious expense to stop it, what's he supposed to do?
I love boxing but they have to sort out their drugs policy. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:32pm
It's the British Boxing Board of Control who should be receiving all the abuse here. They are the ones who the findings get relayed to and dictate whether the fight is allowed to happen or not. Eddie is as shady as any other boxing promoter, but the BBBoC's statement yesterday was pathetic, worse than anything you'd see the FAI put out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 252>
  Share Topic