You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 252>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
It's very annoying the boxnation and sky fights on at the same time
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Only heard them say Coalisland after I had posted that. Keeler did well to get through the 2 nasty cuts he had.
I’ll give you a pass this time
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:17pm
Khan looked brilliant there, super fast hands & in great shape. Over in 40 seconds 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:52pm
Tete Narvaez fight is desperate 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:57pm
The difference in ability actually made it a terrible fight to watch. Technically, Tete looks excellent at times but wasnt tested at all there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:18am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Khan looked brilliant there, super fast hands & in great shape. Over in 40 seconds 

The level of fighter was shocking 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Tune up fight I know, but still, to finish him with 2 knockdowns in 40seconds was impressive, so credit where it’s due. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:28am
Good performance by Frampton, boxed well for the majority and managed the range despite having a 6 inch deficit in reach. Definite improvement from his last fight. Donaire showed that he still has decent power, wobbling Frampton in the 11th, but is just too old now.

Only thing that you'd worry about Frampton is that, in this division, he'll nearly always be the smaller boxer, and doesn't really have the power to put people away.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:42am

Tune up fight I know, but still, to finish him with 2 knockdowns in 40seconds was impressive, so credit where it’s due. 

He always had fast hands n movement its the getting hit part that doesn't suit him LOL
Hopefully him in Brook have the fight 

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:04am
Is the hype and following of The Jackal died down or is it the fact that SByrne is not on here constantly going on about the chap ? 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Is the hype and following of The Jackal died down or is it the fact that SByrne is not on here constantly going on about the chap ? 

I don't understand why there isn't more hype. Not often we have an Irish World Champion. Seems like a very down to earth guy too.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I don't understand why there isn't more hype. Not often we have an Irish World Champion. Seems like a very down to earth guy too.

Not sure why ? Does he claim to be Irish or Norn Ire ? Not that it makes a difference but you have Katie Taylor and she is a world champion and is adored by the Irish and has more of a hype than him and is a female dominating in a predominantly male sport (i know she is not fighting males) but most boxing fans are male 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:45am
Why the split with Barry Mcguigan? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:45am

He always had fast hands n movement its the getting hit part that doesn't suit him LOL
Hopefully him in Brook have the fight 

LOLVery true, but he can only fight what’s in front of him. I’m sure khan brook will go ahead 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:02am

Not sure why ? Does he claim to be Irish or Norn Ire ? Not that it makes a difference but you have Katie Taylor and she is a world champion and is adored by the Irish and has more of a hype than him and is a female dominating in a predominantly male sport (i know she is not fighting males) but most boxing fans are male 

Frampton is from Tiger Bay so obviously has an cultural affinity with the North. He's also proudly boxed under the tricolour, been pictured in Antrim GAA colours and been vocal in his support for them and in his sense of Irishness. I think he's a great example for people from Unionist backgrounds in recognising their Irishness 

He's been recognised significantly down here in terms of sports person of the year nominations etc. Lower profile now because he lost his world titles and is rebuilding. Good performance last night, hopefully he's moved beyond the out of ring issues. I'm a big fan of his, really want to see him fight Santa Cruz and finish the trilogy. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Frampton is from Tiger Bay so obviously has an cultural affinity with the North. He's also proudly boxed under the tricolour, been pictured in Antrim GAA colours and been vocal in his support for them and in his sense of Irishness. I think he's a great example for people from Unionist backgrounds in recognising their Irishness 

He's been recognised significantly down here in terms of sports person of the year nominations etc. Lower profile now because he lost his world titles and is rebuilding. Good performance last night, hopefully he's moved beyond the out of ring issues. I'm a big fan of his, really want to see him fight Santa Cruz and finish the trilogy. 
And his bird is from Poleglass
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

And his bird is from Poleglass

Out of interest, his new trainer Jamie Moore was a former Irish middleweight champion on the granny rule, very proud of his roots. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

He'll soon be known as THE JACKASS
He will never take your title believe me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 252>
  Share Topic