You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring boring FA Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 3:45pm
What's the point of it anymore? apart from keeping Ole in a job for another little while?
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What's the point of it anymore? apart from keeping Ole in a job for another little while?
What's the point in anything anymore. We're all gonna die 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What's the point in anything anymore. We're all gonna die 
Shocked, even Trump ? LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
What a joke of a competition this tournament has become.  Klopp couldn't even be arsed turning up to manage the kids team.

The Premier League is over and Liverpool have no interest in winning the FA Cup.

The romance of the cup is alive and well.  Shrewsbury will be hoping for a major upset tonight.  What a giantkilling it will be if they can beat a bunch of kids wearing Liverpool shirts.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:57pm
A lot of those Liverpool players would walk in to that Shrewsbury team.

Some of them are absolute quality, albeit a bit raw and inexperienced.

Klopp could have and should have included Matip, Lovern, Kieta, Lallana and Origi.

All these players are played very little and need games, it would benefit them hugely and ensure a win too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:49pm
It’s farcical that Klopp himself didn’t show up
Alright play the kids if you want, but ridiculous that he isn’t there because he’s on holidays 
That’s something you’d hear from a junior club GAA manager
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Alright play the kids if you want, but ridiculous that he isn’t there because he’s on holidays 

And the reds go marching on....
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:28pm

I agree it's unprofessional and disrespectful for Klopp not to attend, for the sport as a whole not just the FA Cup. Bet he'd be annoyed if he was a squad or young player and his manager decided not to attend a less important fixture in which he was starting
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:41pm

Bullsh*t.
As he said “its not HIS team”

Anyway the romance of the cup, the underdogs go through.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:48pm
No matter what way you try to dress it up, on a scale of disrespecting the competition it’s up there with Man United pulling out one year to play in the world club championship.

Let’s get this straight, the manager of a team who threw away a 2 goal lead against a lower league side throws his toys out of the pram and decides that he can’t be bothered going to the replay because he‘d booked a holiday. Crazy. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Feb 2020 at 10:51pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:53pm
Stop Baggio will ya, its been explained.

PS re United in 2000, Im nearly sure United offered to play in FA Cup if they got a bye in 3rd round as they were in Brazil at the very behest of The FA who were lobbying FIFA to host WC’06.

This is the FA’s mess.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:57pm
Been explained by who? Klopp and Liverpool fans?

Im giving my opinion on it. It’s a farce.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:00pm
Can it be explained? I’m not sure it’s comparable to Manchester United f**king off to Brazil, especially as I’m not sure Klopp was pressured into going on holiday by anyone, but it shows that the cups should be scrapped.

They could replace it with a competition played between the top 8 in the league in cities who bid the highest, played midweek in between league  games. Then, everyone gets a holiday and even more fans get a chance to see their team even than tonight.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:01pm
You’re aggressive opinion.

Klopp gave you his opinion and he thinks you’re a farce.

Edited by Gary McKay - 04 Feb 2020 at 11:01pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:02pm
Win-win situation for both Klopp and Critchley as far I'm concerned.

Klopp keeps his break, Critchley with 0 professional appearances to his name leads a team out infront of 53,000 fans.

The kids weren't exactly sent out to be cannon fodder 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Aggressive opinion LOL
Sorry I’ll keep it mellow from now on 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:02pm
Good man, tone it down.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

We are all aggressive opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 47>
  Share Topic