Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring boring FA Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boring boring FA Cup
    Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:29pm
Do we have to watch a load of sh*te games like Chelsea reserves V Derby etc.. now all this weekend?Cry

Used to be good in the late 80's and early 90's but the FA cup has become a boring tournament of almost no importance.  The romance of the cup and all that bollox...Lower clubs going nuts when they knock out Aston Villa's U-16 team etc..
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:36pm

the FA should have the balls to award a CL place to the winners or to the runners up if the winners are in the CL , that would bring back some serious interest.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:48pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

the FA should have the balls to award a CL place to the winners or to the runners up if the winners are in the CL , that would bring back some serious interest.

Nail on the head. Would be much better to see another actual competition winner make it into the champions league than a 4th place finisher in the league. The cartel of the big clubs in the Premier League will never let this happen though I'm guessing.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Nail on the head. Would be much better to see another actual competition winner make it into the champions league than a 4th place finisher in the league. The cartel of the big clubs in the Premier League will never let this happen though I'm guessing.

Absobloodyexactly
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:05pm

ypu would have to seed the draw then in every round. a championship club could easily get a draw where they dont meet a top division team until final where they play city and are suddenly in champions league
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Do we have to watch a load of sh*te games like Chelsea reserves V Derby etc.. now all this weekend?Cry

Used to be good in the late 80's and early 90's but the FA cup has become a boring tournament of almost no importance.  The romance of the cup and all that bollox...Lower clubs going nuts when they knock out Aston Villa's U-16 team etc..

Watching BT the other day they were advertising this and one of the commentators (might have been Ian Darke) goes "This will be a cracking tie", I had to laugh as there was no way he could have been serious.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:23pm
TheFA Cup
#PeoplesCup
#Tradition
#Proud
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:27pm
In fairness Wigan winning it last year was what it's all about and will hopefully be a catalyst for more upsets
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Does the FA Cup and the EPL not have different governing bodies ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:33pm
Last year was probably the best FA Cup of my lifetime.

Mk Dons V Wimbledon
Liverpool only beating Mansfield 2-1 with a Suarez hand
Brentford 2-2 Chelsea
Oldham beating Liverpool 3-2
And then Wigan going and winning the thing against City with a late goal in the final.

All magical cup moments.

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:34pm
Apparently this is the 42nd consecutive time that Man U have been televised in a live FA cup game.

Not surprising given their popularity, but I disagree somewhat with the OP. Although equally I've no desire to see the PL teams line out their reserves, I would like to see the romance of the cup been exploited more with the likes of Rochdale v Leeds or similar been shown instead.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:40pm
I hate FA weekend for an entirely different reason as I cannot really get any bets on with the clarity that league games sometimes provide, as I never know until KO which sides are going to play their reserves.
F'instance, Stoke V Leicester may well see an almost full strength Stoke side against a second string Championship side, as promotion may be by far Liecester's biggest priority.
Then again, It could be vice versa. Will be keeping me shekels in the pocket this weekend. 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

ypu would have to seed the draw then in every round. a championship club could easily get a draw where they dont meet a top division team until final where they play city and are suddenly in champions league

Good !! Most of them are as good as some of what gets into the group stages in the CL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

I hate FA weekend for an entirely different reason as I cannot really get any bets on with the clarity that league games sometimes provide, as I never know until KO which sides are going to play their reserves.
F'instance, Stoke V Leicester may well see an almost full strength Stoke side against a second string Championship side, as promotion may be by far Liecester's biggest priority.
Then again, It could be vice versa. Will be keeping me shekels in the pocket this weekend. 
Get yourself on twitter, all starting 11's usually in an hour before KO
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 4:03pm
The greatest football competition in the world. 

The magic of the Cup (it should always be capitalised) never, ever lets you down. 
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 7:05pm
Flying over in the morning to see the champions play MK Dons absolutely gutted I couldnt make the final last year! Playing much better football under Uwe still unbeaten in the league under him three clean sheets on the trot. Few lucky draws and might go on another cup run come on you Latics Thumbs Up 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 10:00am
What's the tv plan today?
More important what's on normal tv?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic