You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 53>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Fishy fishy in Kinsale is exceptional. Had the seafood chowder for starter, followed by a main of scallops and west cork black pudding. The preparation of the meal was outstanding.

Fishy fishy in Kinsale and Out of the Blue in Dingle are in the top two restaurants I've visited in Ireland.

FF is very expensive but trust me it's worth it.

was only in  that gaff 2 weeks ago. quality all right. just live outside of Kinsale but Kinsale is hugely overrated spot. its full of pompous ****s and yanks! 
MacDonald's Hotel don't help the image either offering cheap deals on discount websites that Dubs buy up and come down and wreck the place. Some great posts on the Facebook Kinsale page about it LOLLOL 

Kinsale Pale Ale though is top notch ClapClap
Well that’s West Cork ruined now anyway 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Fishy fishy in Kinsale is exceptional. Had the seafood chowder for starter, followed by a main of scallops and west cork black pudding. The preparation of the meal was outstanding.

Fishy fishy in Kinsale and Out of the Blue in Dingle are in the top two restaurants I've visited in Ireland.

was only in  that gaff 2 weeks ago. quality all right. just live outside of Kinsale but Kinsale is hugely overrated spot. its full of pompous ****s and yanks! 
MacDonald's Hotel don't help the image either offering cheap deals on discount websites that Dubs buy up and come down and wreck the place. Some great posts on the Facebook Kinsale page about it LOLLOL 

South Cork boy
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm

Ah it was sh*te already
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:50pm
Kinsale isn't in West Cork, they just want to be.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:57pm

yip, Bandon is the gateway to West Cork.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:58pm

yip, Bandon is the gateway to West Cork.

what a kip LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm
Yeah, everybody goes straight through it alright.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:01pm

Wasn't the biggest fan of Kinsale either. Much prefer Clon. The Mrs enjoyed it but I thought it was full of mawkish musicians playing up to the yanks. The white house is totally taking the piss with all the military and 9/11 stuff on the walls to the toilet.

Was drinking Murphy's for the most part as the last time I was in Kinsale I fell on my arse drinking stonewells cider LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:05pm
I know a couple of lads from Bandon and even they hate it!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:17pm
They're a weird band of cultish(and ****ish) blueshirts that own the White House.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:28pm
Bandon is a hole, it’s like you take a wrong turn in Inishannon and you end up in Larne. 

Speaking of West Cork & Good restaurants, I’ll be eating in Monks Lane in Timoleague next weekend, have heard great things
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:48pm

Bandon is a hole, it’s like you take a wrong turn in Inishannon and you end up in Larne. 

Speaking of West Cork & Good restaurants, I’ll be eating in Monks Lane in Timoleague next weekend, have heard great things
Used to be fantastic, doubt it has changed. Great atmosphere too and sound owners.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:01pm
was down in Bantry with the quar wan 2 weekends ago. nice little town. went to Blairs Cove Restaurant about 5km outside Bantry. starters was a platter along with dessert. unbelievable stuff. One of the best meals i've had in ireland. 

starter platter for 2, tuna steak for myself, duck for herself, dessert platter for 2, 2 pints of stout, 2 gins and a bottle of South African Red. €220. i had a voucher for €150 so worked out all right at 35 a head. even my sh*t the next morning smelt good Clap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Anyone know any good quality restaurants in Bristol?

Loch fyne - decent spot for sea food 

Graze - ok but nothing special 

Aqua - decent 

Hole in the wall - nice 

The above are all decent but not really special occasion places imo

Had a decent steak in chomp - but the beer wasn’t great 

Edited by Newryrep - 11 Oct 2018 at 5:31pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It certainly isn't a place you would be eating every week, but I don't think that pricing is outrageous, for the quality anyway.

Seeing as somebody mentioned Bristol earlier, anywhere down the road in Bath too?

Had lunch a few months ago in a Greek restaurant called Jars Meze. The food is excellent, reasonably priced and is run by a Greek family which adds to the authenticity.  

That place looks great, I will definitely be going there one of the nights. Any other recommendations for the place, besides the Roman baths! That's all anybody says to me.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:06pm

It certainly isn't a place you would be eating every week, but I don't think that pricing is outrageous, for the quality anyway.

Seeing as somebody mentioned Bristol earlier, anywhere down the road in Bath too?

Had lunch a few months ago in a Greek restaurant called Jars Meze. The food is excellent, reasonably priced and is run by a Greek family which adds to the authenticity.  

That place looks great, I will definitely be going there one of the nights. Any other recommendations for the place, besides the Roman baths! That's all anybody says to me.

Only had time to spend a few hours there. We didn't bother with the baths as the queues were long. The cathedral next to it is very nice and reading the headstones on the floor was interesting as quite a few had kings and queens county as places of birth. The remaining few hours were spent just wandering the streets. It reminded me of Edinburgh with an English twist. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:12pm
Fair enough, have wanted to go for a while and it was the only place I could get tickets for a tour. It looks like a lovely place alright and plenty decent pubs too!
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Anyone know any good quality restaurants in Bristol?

Loch fyne - decent spot for sea food 

Graze - ok but nothing special 

Aqua - decent 

Hole in the wall - nice 

The above are all decent but not really special occasion places imo

Had a decent steak in chomp - but the beer wasn’t great 

Nice one, Loch Fyne looks good.     Group of us heading over for a weekend at the start of next month.   Wanted somewhere nice to get some decent grub into us before heading out on the Saturday night.  
Any good boozers, late night spots.    I hear Seán O'Donnells is good?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 53>
  Share Topic