You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best player you’ve ever played with

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 4:53pm
probably Peter Hynes who won the FA youth cup with Villa against Rooney's Everton and seems to have fell by the wayside after that after he came back home, very decent player though.
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Played up front with Jason Sherlock in a charity match before.

Forgot i played football with Jay in primary school
Chips don't bounce
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 8:47pm
N'Do
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:11pm
Robbie Keane Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 2:47am
PE football in a school hall with Damien Duff in secondary school. He ran rings around everyone 
Richard Sadlier in primary school 50 kids chasing a tennis ball. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 10:11am
I grew up in Gakway, and played with or against a few good players. Billy Cleary, Colin Hawkins, David Forde, Tony Folan and Rory Ginty. 

Ginty was the best I played against. He went on the play a few games with the Crystal Palace first team. I have nightmares of trying to mark him underage.

I played against David Forde in Gaelic Football once. He was playing midfield and was excellent.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

Ginty was the best I played against. He went on the play a few games with the Crystal Palace first team. I have nightmares of trying to mark him underage.
I work with him nowadays, was doing one of those icebreaker things at a team building thing one day, everyone else pouting out things like "I once ran a marathon" etc, this lad comes out with, "I made my Premier League debut at Anfield coming on as a substitute for Atillio Lombardo". Great line
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 8:53pm
There was an article in him in the 42 a couple of years back.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 9:10pm
Ah too many to mention.
Met loads of ex-players on coaching courses over the years.
Actually nutmegged Gary Howlett doing the UEFA B 26 years ago.

A 72yo Charlie Cooke wasnt too bad 😂

Edited by Gary McKay - 01 Apr 2023 at 9:10pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 10:10pm
*Insert Inbetweeners emoji here.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

I work with him nowadays, was doing one of those icebreaker things at a team building thing one day, everyone else pouting out things like "I once ran a marathon" etc, this lad comes out with, "I made my Premier League debut at Anfield coming on as a substitute for Atillio Lombardo". Great line

I've been watching the Peep Show series, so it may influence this question. Did you suck him off as part of the paint balling team building?
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic