You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bernard Dunne Title Defense

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:44pm
Aw, gutted for Dunne hi.

That really was like the Martinez fight dragged over 3 rounds, as good technically as Dunne is, he can't hack the big hitters. Would he think of dropping a weight?

By the way, what about the race issue raised during the Fury fight? Is that really such an issue in the states still?
paulc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:52pm

Jimmy magees comentary, during the fury fight, he came out with a good 1, cant remember what round....went something like this........."go down below and get the lodger out" i could do nothing but laugh, but andy lee???

The big man from donegal has set it up...
The nation holds its breath...............yes were there

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:56pm

I see where this thread is going..lets all have a go at Andy Lee now!!

Pathetic

Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:57pm
Gouldinho gives his full endorsement to Andy Lee

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:58pm
Fooking guttedCry

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

I thought he looked very smart and spoke like a scholarClap

Edited by billybob - 26 Sep 2009 at 6:06pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

I thought he looked very smary and spoke like a scholarClap

Gouldinho likes sharp dressers and not afraid to be out there with their clobber. He is also is good looking chap. Gouldinho can really relate to that   

paulc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:06pm

Pathetic

I wasnt trying to have a go at andy lee, last time i seen him on tv, was completely different, but my main comment was about 1 of jimmy magees comments, "just go below and get the lodger out" cant remember what round, like i said i done nothing but laugh when he said it.

i dont know why, but found wha he said funny as fook...

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by paulc paulc wrote:

Pathetic

I wasnt trying to have a go at andy lee, last time i seen him on tv, was completely different, but my main comment was about 1 of jimmy magees comments, "just go below and get the lodger out" cant remember what round, like i said i done nothing but laugh when he said it.

Wasnt having a go at you paul....the usual lets sl*g anyone from ireland people
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:13pm

Pathetic

Not having a go billy, but who else made a comment on this fella?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
paulc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:15pm

Pathetic

If it came across as me sl*gging him i do apologise, i for one would never sl*g anyone irish or from ireland or of irish decent, what i was trying to say, he has changed from the last time i seen him on tv

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:04pm
It didn't at all Paul. I'm more interested in in why I asked some genuine questions about boxing and no one answered! The usual sh*te from a few on here.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

It didn't at all Paul. I'm more interested in in why I asked some genuine questions about boxing and no one answered! The usual sh*te from a few on here.
I hope you don't mean me, since I know shag all aboot boxing Embarrassed
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I hope you don't mean me, since I know shag all aboot boxing Embarrassed

Nah, certainly not Mark. Id just be a bit annoyed that a Dunne fight thread was started about a very high profile match that gets turned into the same old balls about ' oh he's Irish, so i'll sl*g him', 'oh, he's irish, you can't sl*g him' and so on and so on sh*te.

God help us if we could actually talk about the subject in hand eh?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:38pm
To sum up lads, Bernard Dunne is not World Class, never was, never will be. The fac that he is a one time european and world champ is a massive massive acheavment and he/we rightly should be proud. But lets not forget that he didnt succefuly defend either of these belts once, both times in his own city, tells its own story. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:46pm
I think Dunne and his people knew deep down what was gonna happen. They really didnt want this fight but it was mandatory. The objective for them was to get an easy 1st defence, get a sell out crowd and do it again against the lad tonight. Im no major fan of Dunne, he just doesnt do it for me. Im not the type of person just to cheer for somebody because he holds the same passport as me but i hope he gets a couple more big fights how he can get paid and retire handsomely, without having to slug around for a few years putting his health in danger like so many have done. But he has achieved what 99.9% of boxers will never do by being a world champion

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:21am

I think Dunne and his people knew deep down what was gonna happen. They really didnt want this fight but it was mandatory. The objective for them was to get an easy 1st defence, get a sell out crowd and do it again against the lad tonight. Im no major fan of Dunne, he just doesnt do it for me. Im not the type of person just to cheer for somebody because he holds the same passport as me but i hope he gets a couple more big fights how he can get paid and retire handsomely, without having to slug around for a few years putting his health in danger like so many have done. But he has achieved what 99.9% of boxers will never do by being a world champion
Straight into Fire Brigade for him when he packs in da boxing,hes already passed his test/exams for it,says he couldnt just retire n do fuk all,hes a good lad is BernardClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:19am
lucky I backed the thai to win in the 3rd round
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic