You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banners at Away games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 11:08pm
Why would they refuse a flag/banner? Bad language is it? Fire Cert?
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 11:38pm
I wonder if this will be accepted into the stadium in Paris this September 🤔  (don't want it added to any list either)

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 9:06am
The percentage of people taking flags/banners to the game that read this thread must be extremely low vs the overall number going to the match.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Why would they refuse a flag/banner? Bad language is it? Fire Cert?

All sorts of reasons

Not understanding something and default is to refuse
Words can mean different things in different languages.
symbols or other things on the flag can be deemed offensive
The larger flags need an EU firecert these days for pretty much any EU country.  These are always added by flagman and the various EU companies but not in place for some made in China.
Certain countries can be very sensitive regarding even the smallest patch referencing another country.  

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:15am
I believe a couple very questionable flags got past you Gary!!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:28am
Has it been thrown in the bin yet that sh*te?

Embarrassing
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
Someone cut it off the fence it was hung up on and it is currently still rolling down a cliff apparently. Best place for it
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Has it been thrown in the bin yet that sh*te?

Embarrassing
Danger here, OH NO
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Gary, you’ve already said this is not needed, its not an FAI request. You are doing this off your own bat. Why? Theres no need. You are now compiling a database of flags/banners . 

Im sorry and don’t mean to be rude, but there is no need for this and I doubt highly if its part of your remit.

I'm doing it because there have been issues in a few places now with banners 

Obviously totally optional and it is just a document with lots of photos and dimensions in each case.  

Anything that potentially makes our fans life easier home or abroad is within the remit so i think it does.  Obviously anyone is free to ignore it.  

I don't see the issue.

Some people moan about anything.

It's quite obvious that from reading gspains posts, a few people he knew has got hassle bringing flags in. He's obviously trying to ensure that doesn't happen to them again - and trying to help others (that want the help) that have had similar issues or concerns while at it.

Seems as simple as that to me,
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:35am
Whats the obsession with that young fella anyway with the social media generation. 
Hasbullah is it?

Don't find it funny at all
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:38am
Please explain what the flag means? 

Also don't see the need to put a Fr Ted or Simpsons quote on flags.
The dark side.. And the light
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Someone cut it off the fence it was hung up on and it is currently still rolling down a cliff apparently. Best place for it
saw that message😂😂
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:47am
These flags are getting progressively worse. Jesus Christ. And apart from the sh*te content, they look horrible too. What is with that template they all seem to use with the weird green and orange with black through it?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Whats the obsession with that young fella anyway with the social media generation. 
Hasbullah is it?

Don't find it funny at all

They usually are seen with a handbag too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 11:09am
The Philip Schofield one was ridiculous
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 11:17am
Glad it received such a backlash online and was fooked out. Hopefully acts as a deterrent for people thinking of creating something as crap going forward 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 11:31am

Glad it received such a backlash online and was fooked out. Hopefully acts as a deterrent for people thinking of creating something as crap going forward 

It's back this morning.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

It's back this morning.

The owner's of it clearly lack self-awareness as much as they lack a sense of humour
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic