FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedatmosphere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 7:06am
Those ybig jerseys are a great shout count.
Am i right in getting the impression that the fai arent interested in any sort of singing section?? i was just thinkin that such an idea may get extra attention given the fact that new stadiums, ie lansdowne of course, always have a brutal atmosphere at the start as fans are new to the arena and may be mixed in with prawn sandwich non singing event junky supporters...
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 7:17am
same issue with having like minded supporters beside each other in the stadium. they wouldnt be happy with this and wouldnt go ahead with it either, as said before, could you imagine what would have happened if we were all together for Cyprus game "Stan out, Delaney out" etc, the fai wouldnt have been happy

As for the jerseys, yeah I think its a go-er. I'll post another thread to see what deisgn we should aim for.
Cuddly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 7:22am
Good call lads. We do too much singing in the pub's beforehand when we are together, then disperse, when we head off to various area's of the ground. When in, you could sing your heart out, it makes no difference as the indifference from the majority of the fans see's to that.
The number 12 of jerseys sounds a great idea.
Maybe not possible at home games at present, but if 12's gathered (inside stadia) together we could see where this might lead ?
Hair blows in the wind. After years there is still wind. Sadly no more hair.
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 9:14am
Agreed... great call... it would be great to see all the lads in dedicated sections.  The jerseys are a great idea!  I even think that the typical home crowd support might enjoy a singing section as then they wouldn't have people standing in front of them but off to the side and if for some reason they ended up there, then they would know what they would be getting themselves into.

Edited by The_Yank - 30 Oct 2007 at 9:14am
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic