FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedatmosphere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: atmosphere
    Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 3:05pm
would be great to have an intimidating atmosphere at croker like whats at that liverpool game tonight.. i know it will never happen  but them turkisk nutters have been going non-stop from the first whistle..its the loudest i have heard on tv
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 4:34pm
They were absolute nutters alright, great atmosphere
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 5:18pm
We'll have to wait for the new Lansdowne.........Croker will never be a soccer stadium.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 5:33pm
It would be great if the young fellahs in the corner got a Turkish wave going instead of the Mexican one. You just stand there and shake your arms up and down..but it looked great when the Besiktas crowd were doing it
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:19am
Yeah definetely and remember these people are not even drinking and the stadium does be packed hours before kick off.Lansdown is gonna be seriously quite for a long time.It happens at all new stadiums.I think we should set up and ultra group.In the league the majority of clubs have ultra groups and it improves atmosphere and brings a lot of colour to the grounds.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 7:27am
Yea lets make teams scared of coming to ireland, lets see teams fearing getting drawn against us!
TheManInTheHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 8:55am

Never going to happen. For the Swiss game under Kerr where we drew 0-0, the north and south terrace tried to get a bit of atmosphere going at the start, whistling every time one of the clockmakers got the ball, singing stand up for the B.I.G. etc. I was in the upper east stand, and no-one was bothered. Sat for the whole game, never sang and shouted "sit down, sit down" anytime anyone got up to try generate a bit of noise. Then most of the c**ts applauded the swiss off the pitch.

Too many people going to games are more concerened with the event than the team, and want to be portrayed as sporting and gracious etc.

Bollocks to that. We need to be more hostile, loud and intimidating - not to the point of violence or disrespecting anthems or any of that crap, just really getting behing the players, jeering and whistling anythime the opposition have the ball, and really scaring the sh*te out of the ref so we get a few decisions going our way.

But as long as people getting tickets go just to be able to say "I was at Lansdowne last night for the match" at work the next day, then we can forget it.
And your travelling army of synthetic supporters
Would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 9:47am
Yeah i was on about this the other day. It would be great if we could create an intimadating atmosphere in Dublin in the same way the Russians did against England last week.
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 10:03am
Said this years ago.

Not only players but supporters should be fearful of coming to Dublin.Nott that they will be beat up or anything like that but fearful of the reception that they get.Too many times are away fans treated like our own.

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 10:04am

Completely agree with you on this but don't know whether we would be taken seriously with the 'sit down' brigade!

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 10:09am

That pic says it all..the way we shud be.

No more of this dancing leprachaun,dressing up as priests etc at games..

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 5:28am
http://nl.netlog.com/go/videos/videoid=316867
we should be aspiring to that.Its easy to do
or
People go to matches as individuals which is fine but when your at a match you should have no personality.Whoever is leading the support should be the personality and everybody else his tools.He is the brain and we speak for him.Its the Ultra mentaltity and it works.
billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 7:13pm
lads - bit of perspective here. Its one thing to have 18- 20 thousand males, most of whom average an age between 18 - 45 at a club match in turkey. Thes nutters have been at it for their clubs for years (long before turkey were a force in europe).  At ireland games, you have women (No disrepect intended) kids, families etc. You have raffle winners, corporate types, after work types that could give 2 shiites. Bottom line is you have pockets of hardcore fans spread out sporadically around the ground - as there has been no focus on who or how people have access to tickets. (outside of the bloce booking scheme). no ringleaders or ringmasters!) as gouldinho points out. It needs to be a co-ordinated effort with mega - phones, couple of headbangers on walkie talkies co-ordinating mayhem. Even the turks dont create that same atmosphere for their international team, because the message gets diluted with kids, women, different vclub supporters etc. Look at argentina, when Boca Jnrs play river plate - complete and utter chaos. But when the national team play, you would'nt be to scared facing them at home - there is passion, but not the pure mob mentality thats bred into club fans. I'm all for creating dedicated singing sections, but in order to ensure an intimidating atmospher,e you need to ensure the absolute hardcore fans (i.e the ones that travel to away games) are secured tickets behind the goals. Let the families (and girls) have the stand tickets.  cut out this boll*x where you cant hang flags in croker (or wherever) at least behind the goals. the opposition spend 80% of the time facing one goal or the other, so if you can annoy run amok at either end, then all the better. Always, always stick the away support (If any) in one lower tier corner of a stand - so as to minimize their visibility and effectiveness in supporting their team. Do what every other club and nation does, and fook the "friendy irish welcome" - stick them behind pillars, poles, and whatever else will dampen their spirit. break them up into 2 sections if you have to.  look at how we catered to the slovakians and welsh in croker. gave them the hill (first act of treason) and despite the ban on irish lads being allowed hang their flags, there appeared to be a different set of rules for the opposition. 'Cead Mile failte" to a fault if you ask me.
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 8:28pm
At this hour of the night  I dont think i could even try to look at that post billy, jaysus... will have a look in the mornin!!Tongue

Edited by Percy - 27 Oct 2007 at 8:29pm
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 5:07am
Yeah totally agree Billy.Away fans have it way to easy.I think thing like the fan fest are brilliant and we should welcome everybody but when its match time we should treat them like sh1te.Treat them like cattle.And make them fear making the wrong move.It starts with the Garda.I think we have to start an ultra group.We have numbers.Im sure we can get funding.We have plenty of LOI people who know what its about.All we need is the support of the FAI.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 6:34am
I totally agree that we should defo have some sort of supporters group but would the fai be willing to support any sort of ultra group??
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 6:48am
when I was at games in South America a huge amount of the fans had jerseys with number 12 on their back. the clubs never used number 12 as that was the fans number (12th man on team). All these guys were the hardcore who were behind the goals giving it socks during the match. Amazing atmosphere!
Think YBIG jerseys with number 12 on the back would be quality.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 6:54am

We wouldnt be able to call it an ultra group because the fai wouldnt understand it but more of a supporters group.When i say support from the fai what im saying is in terms of where seating is arranged the group can be together preferably behind the goal.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic