Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Athlone Town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:30pm
The betting farce is only a sideshow of what the FAI have allowed go on in Athlone for the last 2 years and anyone from Athlone will tell you that. The Investors have never been named so who exactly did Fran Gavin meet ??

I went to games in Athlone before Galway Rovers Joined the league and it was a proud club with a great history so I feel for all the genuine Football People in Athlone who kept the show on the road and of course the fans who have been ignored by the powers that be for the last 2 years.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:42pm
How the fk can owners be allowed to stay anonymous?!

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:21pm
Are we lumping on Cobh tomorrow night boys???
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:04pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The betting farce is only a sideshow of what the FAI have allowed go on in Athlone for the last 2 years and anyone from Athlone will tell you that. The Investors have never been named so who exactly did Fran Gavin meet ??

I went to games in Athlone before Galway Rovers Joined the league and it was a proud club with a great history so I feel for all the genuine Football People in Athlone who kept the show on the road and of course the fans who have been ignored by the powers that be for the last 2 years.
This 100%
Stupid like a fox
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:49pm
Just read on the Athlone Town FC Fans Facebook page that rumours are going around that the club could be expelled from the league
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Just read on the Athlone Town FC Fans Facebook page that rumours are going around that the club could be expelled from the league

That's the equivalent of JD sending the problem child off to the bold boys home and not returning
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

That's the equivalent of JD sending the problem child off to the bold boys home and not returning

No doubt:

'Didn't we give them ethics training? Nothing to do with us.'

Who awards licences? Easy money accepted to avoid noise. Shame.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 7:55am
Tbh its the best thing that could happen Athlone now is to be expelled and award a new licence to a supporters trust for next season.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:42am
Getting away from the FAI bashing...

Is the general idea here....
1. Italians buy a club that nobody cares much about for a bit of money.
2. Sign a bunch of foreign players that seem to be open to a bit of corruption.
3. Some big bets on matches that are fixed returns the investment to the Italians.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:56am
It would seem so, also rumours they could be Russian

Amazed all the bookies are taking bets on their match tonight.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Are we lumping on Cobh tomorrow night boys???
All the bets seem to have been related to the 'overs' market. In saying that, I think Cobh's form and the state of things at Athlone means 3/5 is a pretty decent bet.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:24pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Things going from bad to worse for Athlone

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/954490/athlone-town-want-roddy-collins-to-return-for-a-second-spell-as-manager-of-the-club/
Wherever there is a crisis in Irish football there is a Roddy.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 7:14pm
Two more Athlone matches being investigated unsurprisingly
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Two more Athlone matches being investigated unsurprisingly

No doubt one of them the game they played away to Cobh.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:53pm
Embarrassing defeat for Ramblers. Can't even beat a team wanting to lose.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:54pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic