Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aston Villa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aston Villa
    Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:27pm
Said it months ago that this season was gonna be a tough one with Big Ec in charge but my god they have just got worse and worse as the season has gone on.

Worst thing about it is none of the players seem to give a fook either with the exception og maybe Given, Petrov and Agbonlahor, the rest couldnt care less or so it seems as a fan from his barstool Tongue

McLeish made 2 deadline day signings in Hutton and Jenas, Hutton quite possibly looks like the worst RB I have ever seen put on a Villa shirt and he has to be up there as one of worst players in the premiership, braindead reading the game and always gives the fookin thing away, no positional sense and is just an all round clueless footballer. Jenas played 20 mins and then gets injured and was injured when he signed for them as well so that was another masterstroke by McLeish.

While I accept that all the blame cant be pointed at McLeish a lot of it has to be, not as if he has a terrible first 11, it's the part where no one seems to give a fook that pisses me off most about the whole thing, most just happy to collect the wage and forget about how the team does.

The book stops with one man here and that is Randy Lerner, he knew when he appointed Martin O'Neill that great things were expected and to be fair he delivered, some great performances and results winning in the Emirates away that brilliant 5-1 win at home to the Blues, the great game against Everton where Ashley Young scored a cracker straight from tip off in injury time, Villa were in a great position one year and I think 7 or 8 points ahead of Arsenal around January and pole position for champs league the golden chalice and there I was expecting O'Neill to dig deep and make some big signing and then he comes along and signs Emile fookin Heskey of all players, then they went on a run of not winning till end of March or so!

Now we all know O'Neill had a falling out with Lerner over the sale of Milner, what were the ins and outs no one knows but from this moment onwards things have gone down hill at this club, O'Neill leaves, Milner gets sold, Houllier signs up, disaster of a season the following year and then Downing and Young leave.

So with all this money you would think maybe we will get Hughes in he just resigned fromFulham and is a decent manager but no no Lerner comes out and makes McLeish his number one man a man who got Birmingham relegated twice in 3 years, some credentials to be fair!

Now I don't know what Lerner plans to do with the club but the way I see it he needs to sell and fast, Doug Ellis would not have let this happen and it just seems Lerner doesn't give a sh*t either.

Either cough up in January with the money required or else sell the club and go back to the states, thanks for coming in and steadying the ship but it's in danger of sinking and fast unless something is done about it.

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 2:01am
Apart from the game against Liverpool - I thought Villa had done alright.

You were also missing Bent and Gaby so it was always going to be difficult to get a result.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 2:04am
You must not have seen any of the rest of the games HB, it's embarrassing to say the least, got lucky against Bolton away prob should have drawn, been poor all season and that's the realty of it, McLeish doesn't know what formation he is playing half the time and the players don't want to know, they are in a bad way and are only gonna get worse.

Edited by Sono - 21 Dec 2011 at 2:05am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 2:17am
ive watched Villa against Spurs, Man United, Swansea and Liverpool and they never looked like creating a chance. I know 3 of those are top 6 teams, but that has to be worrying
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 3:06am
Spurs United and Pool all played us off the park, think Villa have beaten blackburn and Bolton in recent weeks, prob one other win in there somewhere but they are sh*te to watch with sh*t tactics and a sh*t manager who can't motivate his players to play for the jersey.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 3:09am
Agbonlahor and Bent have tons of goals in them so ye would expect them to struggle without
Expected more from Villa this season but still reckon Big Eck will come good
Be patient young man
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 4:28am
Have only seen them play against city and united this season and they were woeful in both games tbh

Dunne looks a different player for villa very indecisive- Collins is just brutal- bent aint scoring and when bent aint scoring that means he contributes nothing to the cause

Agbonlahor blows very hot and cold

Dont think nzogbia has done anything for them and was suspended by the club for the united game for not turning up for training apparently

Huge job on there for mcleish if he can manage to hold onto it long enough

They wont go down though
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 4:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Apart from the game against Liverpool - I thought Villa had done alright.

You were also missing Bent and Gaby so it was always going to be difficult to get a result.

Ah, c'mon now Horsebox; you must not have watched one-minute of Villa action apart form teh Liverpool game.

They have been absolutely clueless with the ball all season.  I like McLeish, think he has the makings of a great manager, and should be given time - but the Villa fans will never accept him.

The formation and set=up he's got going on at Villa is very questionable...Darren bent must be fuming....Villa have been dreadful for the majority of the campaign - some of their home displays have been terrible to watch.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
If Lerner gives him money to spend in January and it doesn't work out the fans will make it very difficult for him to stay on, something has to give be it Randy resign or McLeish cos it isn't really working out and they will hover above relegation very shortly too.

They'll probably go and beat Arsenal tonight now

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:26am
The attitude of some of their players this season has been awful. N'Zogbia looks like he has no interest from the games I've seen. Hutton has been woeful and he looks like he could get sent off any minute of any game. Is it true that Darren Bent went to do his Christmas shopping instead of the Pool match?

Agbonlahor is one of the only lads that looks like he cares, the only good role model for the likes of Bannan, Albrighton and Delfonso.

At the start of the season it looked like they had a promising team. McLeish's Brum had a rock solid defence, I thought he'd bring that to Villa.

------------Given--------------
Hutton-Collins-Dunne-Warnock
Albrighton-Petrov-Delph-N'Zogbia
---------Gabby-Bent-------------

At the start of the season that looked like a fairly decent side, solid defence and plenty of goals.

Mcleish just can't get them working together.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:42am
Our back 4 is absolutely shocking Tribal, would like to see Herd RB and Clark LB and throw Cuellar in for Dunne or Collins, another CB badly needed .

Delph is shocking and you are right about Nzogbia looks happy just to pick up his wages and nothing else.

That is true about Bent he was ruled out on Tuesday and McLeish thought it would be a masterstroke to not say anything and put Liverpool off WTF!

Serious shake up needed to save the season or else it will be a last day relegation battle, exciting times ahead.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 11:05am
Some Villa fans couldnt wait to get rid of MON. Just shows you have got to be careful what you wish for.....................................................................................................................................
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 2:45pm
Late goal sees a 2-1 defeat for big eck
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 3:25pm
Played really well tonight which is encouraging but still another defeat.

Biggest plus of the night was Hutton getting sent off and misses next game

bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:22pm
Villa have the second worst shots on goal per game in the league and the second worst possession stats...says it all
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:24pm
Liverpool have the worst shots on goal is that right Boss? We are sh*te no question about it, doesnt help that McLeish doesnt know his best 11 and always mixing it up, could see Bent being sold in January too.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:27pm
Liverpool have hit the woodwork 17 times this season
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:28pm
Thats off target BSM Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 122>
  Share Topic