You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 8:09pm
Does ExWHUemployee have a good track record with these rumours? Would be a peng move for him if it happens.
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Does ExWHUemployee have a good track record with these rumours? Would be a peng move for him if it happens.
Peng? What’s this, 2011? Anyway, yeah he’s very reliable generally speaking
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 12:26am
Okoflex called a young girl "peng when she's older" or something like that in an Instagram live back when he was at Celtic, which I presume is the reference.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 9:10am
Oh, of course that is what he is dragging up. Don't see the point. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 28 Aug 2022 at 9:12am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

LOL

Utterly obsessed.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 11:48am

LOL

Utterly obsessed.
They’re right though, its pathetic yet again as is your Harry Keane remark in tehmother thread. Now pop back into the Will Keane thread and see if you can avoid another suspension for wummingThumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Aug 2022 at 11:49am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOL

Utterly obsessed.
They’re right though, its pathetic yet again as is your Harry Keane remark in tehmother thread. Now pop back into the Will Keane thread and see if you can avoid another suspension for wummingThumbs Up

As someone else, KingKenny I think it was, pointed out a few weeks ago, when someone called me a "pedo" and made a comment about me diddling kids you remained conspicuously quiet and didn't pull the poster up on it. Meanwhile you take any opportunity to pull me up on something, in this case saying the word "peng", and are seemingly the only moderator to do so.

As for Will Keane. I was pulled up for omitting his assist for a McClean goal a couple of weeks ago so I thought it was strange the same person omitted the fact his goal yesterday was a penalty. "Harry Keane" a reference to his prolific goalscoring, albeit at League One level. If you think that warrants a suspension, grand.

And EoinK. I'm hardly the only person who's noticed that he follows me around the forum constantly piling on and taking redundant potshots at me. Take into account you suspended a poster about a year back for making duplicate accounts during a suspension to take similar shots at me. "Wes Wanderers" or something he was calling himself then.

And if the "Wes" is a reference to my username... Well, just put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and think about another one for a second.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 Aug 2022 at 12:11pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOL

Utterly obsessed.

As someone else, KingKenny I think it was, pointed out a few weeks ago, when someone called me a "pedo" and made a comment about me diddling kids you remained conspicuously quiet and didn't pull the poster up on it. Meanwhile you take any opportunity to pull me up on something, in this case saying the word "peng", and are seemingly the only moderator to do so.

The victim card doesn’t suit you however, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we are not online 24/7 and cant see everything. If you have an issue with someone in such a way, report the post using the link and do not reply to said post. Again as pointed out many times, this makes it easier to remove. As for being the only mod to do so, there are only a few of us active and some online more than others.

As for Will Keane. I was pulled up for omitting his assist for a McClean goal a couple of weeks ago so I thought it was strange the same person omitted the fact his goal yesterday was a penalty. "Harry Keane" a reference to his prolific goalscoring, albeit at League One level. If you think that warrants a suspension, grand. 
I asked you to explain it as we are all very aware of you fondness for english born Irish players, and given your track record in such matters, its not beyond the realms pf possibility that you were wumming. It was this in conjunction with the needless “peng” comment, coupled with your previous warnings that I asked you to do so to avoid a ban.

And EoinK. I'm hardly the only person who's noticed that he follows me around the forum constantly piling on and taking redundant potshots at me. Take into account you suspended a poster about a year back for making duplicate accounts during a suspension to take similar shots at me. "Wes Wanderers" or something he was calling himself then.
Given how you are almost an ever present, posting more than regularly, surely the same people are going to be responding as we don’t actually have a huge number of regular posters. And regardless, they are more than entitled to respond. Furthermore, given your profiles in the past that have been suspended, you are not in any position to be throwing stones in that regard nor are you in a position to moan about pot shots given your post a few days ago trolling O’Shea which I removed without as much as a peep to you. Not the first Ive had to quietly remove at various times, yet I never pulled you up or said a word, despite your comment insinuating some sort of bias against you in your first paragraph, then which you contradicted yourself by admitting I suspended a duplicate account (Wes Wanderers)that was taking “shots” at you.

And if the "Wes" is a reference to my username... Well, just put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and think about another one for a second.

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Aug 2022 at 12:42pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:07am
Expected to be signed by Swansea in time for him to be registered for their next league game, which is tomorrow night.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:07am
Good loan move. Big opportunity for him.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:54am
Interesting that Okoflex gets a first loan to the Championship, whereas Odubeko has suffered his first loan in L1 and goes back there again.
You'd expect Odubeko to be more prepared for men's football but WH don't agree and they would know more.

I can't see Okoflex getting much joy from this loan, if I'm honest.  Not helped by the fact that Swansea are struggling.

Edited by Fozz - 30 Aug 2022 at 9:54am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Interesting that Okoflex gets a first loan to the Championship, whereas Odubeko has suffered his first loan in L1 and goes back there again.
You'd expect Odubeko to be more prepared for men's football but WH don't agree and they would know more.

I can't see Okoflex getting much joy from this loan, if I'm honest.  Not helped by the fact that Swansea are struggling.

Indeed, you'd hope for his sake that the manger Russell Martin? keeps his job there for a while yet or it could end up being a difficult move. Having said that, it's a big opportunity if he can force his way in to the team. If he gets games I would like to see him back in the U21 squad and any lingering doubts over his commitment put to bed.
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:58pm
Loan to Swansea confirmed. Big xhallenge for him, hopefully he steps up.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:00pm
Surprised he didn't end up at MK Dons given Mannings links with West Ham.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:42pm
There's about an 8 month age difference between okoflex, odubeko and parrott but it seems that parrott is much further in his career than the other two.

Hopefully we'll have some really good competition in a couple of years 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

There's about an 8 month age difference between okoflex, odubeko and parrott but it seems that parrott is much further in his career than the other two.

Hopefully we'll have some really good competition in a couple of years 

I'd argue Parrott is way further ahead due to those tough loans he endured.
People were writing him off because he was scoring for fun at youth levels and then flattered to decieve at senior, but the reality is that's how it generally goes.  While he's having it tough in front of goals this new season, he is showing very good general play and the goals will come.

I'd be optimistic Odubeko will have a strong season once he gets fit and settles into his new squad.
He has the benefit of a tough loan where he was learning on the job and was looking better as the season closed.

I'd be the opposite for Okoflex - first loan, team struggling, very tough division filled with seasoned pros.  If he makes hay there then he's showing something the two lads before him didn't show.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:57pm
Again I don't see the hype around Swanseas manager! The general comment about Obafemi in the player ratings are "tried are but just very isolated". Have watched a Swansea game recently where they were ran over. 

Don't see Martin lasting if it doesn't pick up at least with Preston they aren't getting outplayed with Swansea they are hopelessly going by reports on the regular!

Good move for this kid can play across the front line which will earn him plenty gametime. Consensus is to say first season a teenager in a tough League he will struggle but just have a feeling this lad will surprise people!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 3:05pm
I'm curious to see what Jim Crawford does should Okoflex show promise.

The forward options are a recovering-from-injury L1 Odubeko, the highly rated PL2 Ferguson and JJ Kayode, recently loaned to MK Dons but yet to really start his season (maybe add in Johnny Kenny also).
So all four are in the same boat in that none have done anything of note this season.

If the Israel match were tomorrow, I'd have Ferguson as the front-runner but it won't take much for any of them to stake a claim.

But the thing is, Okoflex did nothing in the last U21 camp, not even making benches, so you'd wonder what was up there and even if he were to look the best of the lot, I'd be shocked if he were to get near the team.

Edited by Fozz - 30 Aug 2022 at 3:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic