You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

yeah I was disappointed too. When you have two young lads on the bench, both attackers, and it's the younger one who gets the nod, you'd be a bit disappointed if you were Oko-flex. Didnt stop him scoring a peach of a goal by all accounts yday though!

If your U17s had defended like Exeter did you'd be pissed off. He's wasting his time playing against the likes of Exeter's kids who defend like an U12s school boy team.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

yeah I was disappointed too. When you have two young lads on the bench, both attackers, and it's the younger one who gets the nod, you'd be a bit disappointed if you were Oko-flex. Didnt stop him scoring a peach of a goal by all accounts yday though!

Perkins record isn't bad now and he's just a few months older then Ferguson for a 17yo kid at 23s level he's quite good. It's not near Okoflexs and Okoflex is a winger not entirely unlike Antonios in profile actually that's why I was a bit dissapointed mainly looks like he might suit that role if he was given a run. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm
yeah, just saw the goal. He ran 2/3 of the length of the pitch and wasnt touched.
Ideally he gets himself out on loan before the end of the season.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm
He bounced the ball off Mipo near the end of the run.
Remember him?

Both lads need loans and senior football as that's the only barometer that matters.
I doubt some L2 pro in his early 30's woulda let OF run past him like that without at least throwing in a crunching tackle.
When he's running past professional defenders who's performances pay the bills, then we should take note.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He bounced the ball off Mipo near the end of the run.
Remember him?

Both lads need loans and senior football as that's the only barometer that matters.
I doubt some L2 pro in his early 30's woulda let OF run past him like that without at least throwing in a crunching tackle.
When he's running past professional defenders who's performances pay the bills, then we should take note.

Reminds me of an interview Tommy Robson did after his loan at Limerick and he moved back to Sunderland. Was talking about how lads become comfortable at reserve level and need to get out and play football somewhere competitively.

“I needed this,” he explains. I was getting too comfortable playing reserve football. I played over a hundred games. I needed to get out. It’s not really competitive.

“If you get beat, you get beat. You haven’t lost anything. Over here, you’re playing for points. There’s even people playing for mortgages. It’s a lot different.

Edited by J89 - 19 Jan 2022 at 4:03pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 7:49pm
West Ham are reported to have turned down offers from clubs in the Championship, League One and the SPL to take Okoflex on loan in January. He is viewed within the club as first team material and has been a regular on the bench lately. PL debut may not be far away so good news for Ireland.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

West Ham are reported to have turned down offers from clubs in the Championship, League One and the SPL to take Okoflex on loan in January. He is viewed within the club as first team material and has been a regular on the bench lately. PL debut may not be far away so good news for Ireland.

Unless the West Ham owners convince him to change nationality…
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Unless the West Ham owners convince him to change nationality…

They don't need to convince him, he was already playing for England ages ago!
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 2:46pm
He'll never be eligible for England. His move to Scotland ballsed that up for him.

It's us or Nigeria at this point.

Edited by Pinginí - 08 Mar 2022 at 2:46pm
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 4:13pm
West Ham must have the record for having an unused Irish sub on the bench - Cullen, Randolph, Coventry and now Oxoflex. I'm sure Rice stayed on the bench for a bit when he was still wearing the green too. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

West Ham must have the record for having an unused Irish sub on the bench - Cullen, Randolph, Coventry and now Oxoflex. I'm sure Rice stayed on the bench for a bit when he was still wearing the green too. 

Cullen, Randolph, Coventry and Okoflex. Sounds like a high-powered big city law firm.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 1:23pm
On the bench today.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 7:47pm
senior team debut at last
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 3:01pm
Another lad in need of a loan.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Another lad in need of a loan.

Is he not raking in the dough?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 7:41pm
Reportedly going on loan to Swansea. Going to the Championship for a first loan is always a bit of a risk, and Swansea aren't exactly flying, but hopefully he can make an impression.

Seems to be rated more highly than Odubeko at club level when it has been the other way around with Ireland Under 21s.

Edited by You Tell Me - 27 Aug 2022 at 7:42pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 7:44pm
Ogbene also being linked with Swansea. Might be a good Irish contingent to come with Manning and Obafemi already there.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 7:48pm
Don't see how Swanseas manager can survive long term tbh! Swansea not just losing games but are blatantly not in games for large parts getting played off the park regularly seemingly. That meltdown against Millwall would have done no favours to the team either! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic