You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are we the team nobody cares about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:19pm
Rugby

f**kin stupid game.
Sponsored Links

moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:23pm
The egg chasers put the football lads to shame LOL!!!! the egg chasers play in a small minority sport that in world terms is irrelevant. They win a friendly against a load of aussie tourists on the beer and now they are world beaters. This is a team that lets not forget has never got beyond a world cup quarter final. The football lads compete in a true world sport not some mickey mouse game that 99% of the world know nothing about.
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm
I support both Football & Rugby. Doesn't bother me which one gets more twitter hits or likes on Facebook or any of that stupid stuff. Both great sports and I don't care what sport it is but if they have the Green Jersey on I'm going to follow and cheer. I'm heading to Dallas next month for the 2nd ever Roller Derby World Cup and will cheer the girls in green on. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by moatehoop moatehoop wrote:

The egg chasers put the football lads to shame LOL!!!! the egg chasers play in a small minority sport that in world terms is irrelevant. They win a friendly against a load of aussie tourists on the beer and now they are world beaters. This is a team that lets not forget has never got beyond a world cup quarter final. The football lads compete in a true world sport not some mickey mouse game that 99% of the world know nothing about.

A bit harsh. The game against Australia would be nearer to what we would call a competitive match in football, especially as northern and southern hemisphere sides can only meet in Cup competition every four years.....both teams were at absolute full strength today and went hell for leather at each other. It's true that our record in the RWC is poor, but if anyone is going to take an Irish team into a semi final, it's going to be Schmidt.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

I support both Football & Rugby. Doesn't bother me which one gets more twitter hits or likes on Facebook or any of that stupid stuff. Both great sports and I don't care what sport it is but if they have the Green Jersey on I'm going to follow and cheer. I'm heading to Dallas next month for the 2nd ever Roller Derby World Cup and will cheer the girls in green on. 

It's mad popular with the lesbians in Scotland. Is it the same in Ireland?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:46pm
No offense but could not give a toss about the egg chasers or their game.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

No offense but could not give a toss about the egg chasers or their game.

Hear Hear Clap Say no to egg chasing!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

A bit harsh. The game against Australia would be nearer to what we would call a competitive match in football, especially as northern and southern hemisphere sides can only meet in Cup competition every four years.....both teams were at absolute full strength today and went hell for leather at each other. It's true that our record in the RWC is poor, but if anyone is going to take an Irish team into a semi final, it's going to be Schmidt.

Its a friendly and it should be treated as one and cant be compared to a competitive game.

We have played Australia 18 times in the last 20 years.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:19pm
Test Match=Friendly Match with a name to suggest it has some importance and Guinness market these friendlies as vital.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:25pm
Some amount of jealousy on here lads.

And most of ya probably love de Gah which is played by two countries in the World and we're second best.

Ironic.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:27pm
The fact that they've never got past the last 8 in a world cup that has about 10-11 teams that actually properly play rugby says it all really.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Its a friendly and it should be treated as one and cant be compared to a competitive game.

Not exactly. The autumn internationals are usually played at a similar level of competiveness to any 6 Nations match. We haven't done a clean sweep of the autumn internationals since 2006 which tells us the southern hemisphere teams come here meaning business, not just for a friendly stroll in the park and an 80 minute work out. The games against New Zealand last year and Australia today were played with ferocious intensity....you couldn't possibly compare them to a typical ROI friendly at the Aviva.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:41pm
Ireland reaching a major championship eclipses anything else that happens in sport here. Just enjoy when our teams do well. It's annoying when there are constant comparisons but thats the way it goes.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:42pm
At the end of the day, what matters is what Ireland do competitively. Today meant f**k all. Getting knocked out of the last 8 of a competition where only 8 teams actually compete is mediocre at best. Lets see if they can better that
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Ireland reaching a major championship eclipses anything else that happens in sport here. Just enjoy when our teams do well. It's annoying when there are constant comparisons but thats the way it goes.

I'd agree with this despite the poor results of Euro 2012 the attention and media and atmosphere around the country far surpasses any other sporting tournament, and you're right it's impossible to compare just like comparing Robbie Keane to Brian O'driscoll etc.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
isengard View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isengard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:48pm
ah lads, lets not go down the same road as our current govt and spend all our time knockin the other crowd...and blaming them for all our woes...i like all sports, and support all teams in green, as someone once said there is probably a bit of snobbery attached to the oval ball...but c'est la vie...lets concentrate on supporting our team.... ybig....
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 1:02am
Anyone who gives a f**k what's on Twitter is a halfwit.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 3:03am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Not exactly. The autumn internationals are usually played at a similar level of competiveness to any 6 Nations match. We haven't done a clean sweep of the autumn internationals since 2006 which tells us the southern hemisphere teams come here meaning business, not just for a friendly stroll in the park and an 80 minute work out. The games against New Zealand last year and Australia today were played with ferocious intensity....you couldn't possibly compare them to a typical ROI friendly at the Aviva.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up its still not a competitive game.There is nothing at stake .Ireland need to be proving themselves in the 6nation and the WC.
I'm not having a go at Rugby I always want Ireland to do well in any sports they take part in but people are going way over board about this result.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic