You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are we all alcoholics...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: How many pints/units of alcohol do you drink per week?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [3.92%]
4 [7.84%]
19 [37.25%]
8 [15.69%]
6 [11.76%]
2 [3.92%]
5 [9.80%]
5 [9.80%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:40am
21+ easy if im out friday and saturday
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:44am
Pioneer!Smile
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:03am
Depends. On a full days drinking on a saturday with a night out you are probably talking the equalivlant of 20 pints (if you subsitute pints with Vodka you move onto). So if there is a Friday or Sunday session involved too you could be talking 30 easy and if both you are looking at 40+. Then you might also have a midweek cans session. I would say I am border line alco when I do go on the drink cause I can't stop. Actually went on a session 2 weekends ago when I didn't even call into work until Wednesday and had to take the whole week off sick. Say I drank about 100 pints in that session.
Would say on average about 25.
But then I can have weekends like the one just gone when I don't drink at all, that was the first in a long time though.

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Dec 2009 at 9:05am
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Depends. On a full days drinking on a saturday with a night out you are probably talking the equalivlant of 20 pints (if you subsitute pints with Vodka you move onto). So if there is a Friday or Sunday session involved too you could be talking 30 easy and if both you are looking at 40+. Then you might also have a midweek cans session. I would say I am border line alco when I do go on the drink cause I can't stop. Actually went on a session 2 weekends ago when I didn't even call into work until Wednesday and had to take the whole week off sick. Say I drank about 100 pints in that session.
But then I can have weekends like the one just gone when I don't drink at all, that was the first in a long time though.

"border line"..............I'd say that was a very wide line Andy!Wink
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:23am
usually end up drinking lots on away games. Not drinking as much nowadays as i really can't cope with the hangovers anymore. Once you hit 30, hangovers are a nightmare i think.
Never drink during week - can't face hangover in work. Dead
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:25am
It's tough to put a number on it allright. Any awaytrip is at least 20+ per day of pints. Add your shots and spirits onto that and you basically reach the number average people drink in 1 month....Reckon Dr. Phil would have a fieldday in Ireland on any particular session LOL
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Well have been times when I feel I have hit rock bottom and I totally fail the AA questionarie to determine if you are an alco, think I only answer 2c correctly out of 20 but if you answer more than 3 you have a drink problem but I think most people fail that. Do have family concerned and partners and friends have said it before, but it's also so much fun too.
I can also take a couple of weekends off like the weekend just gone I didn't drink, well I had about 7 watching the match on Sunday but that was just an afternoon session and was home in all for X factor final.
Dying for a gargle now though after being off it for a week. Was just e-mailing a friend saying I might get bottles and watch the Spurs v City match tonight.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:53am

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Well have been times when I feel I have hit rock bottom and I totally fail the AA questionarie to determine if you are an alco, think I only answer 2c correctly out of 20 but if you answer more than 3 you have a drink problem but I think most people fail that. Do have family concerned and partners and friends have said it before, but it's also so much fun too.
I can also take a couple of weekends off like the weekend just gone I didn't drink, well I had about 7 watching the match on Sunday but that was just an afternoon session and was home in all for X factor final.
Dying for a gargle now though after being off it for a week. Was just e-mailing a friend saying I might get bottles and watch the Spurs v City match tonight.

LOLLOLLOL
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:23am
19 cases of Stella in the household for Xmas, (should do me until Easter mind you)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:38am

at the weekend when i drink i go on like something out of a zoo none of thiis half arse sh*t a couple of pints I go too get as drunk as possible in the few hours i can

Its very frustrating being a Slob
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:40am
I'm not an alcoholic. I'm Irish........there's a difference!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
peterIreland View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

at the weekend when i drink i go on like something out of a zoo none of thiis half arse sh*t a couple of pints I go too get as drunk as possible in the few hours i can

Biggest p**s head I know by a mile!!!
uibhfhaili View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 12:37pm
Self-diagnosed alcohol dependent.
If I stay in or abstain from drink for one night in a week I'd consider myself to be doing well.
It's fookin' ridiculous at this stage.
As above,I'm beyond addiction and onto pure dependence.
Whats more,is that it's seen as some sort of skill or achievement to be able to drink silly amounts of gargle.
Major culture change is needed.
As long as there is anything to be gained by saying nothing, it is always better to say nothing than anything
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
I'd say easily the more option for me Tongue LOL
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm
a pint is two units lads,

one night out a week at the ten pints plus mark, another one with maybe 5 pints.

an away trip could be as much as 20 pints a day but who is counting?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:33pm
its very much a cultural thing in ireland though. went out with family at the weekend and we all had a great day on the booze, work christmas do on friday was a heap of booze. last wednesday met another friend and had 7 pints. also, there is a serious lads drinking culture in the office. i drink two nights on a normal week (always one midweek and friday) but december is exceptional. have had six work related functions since 1st december
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

a pint is two units lads,

one night out a week at the ten pints plus mark, another one with maybe 5 pints.

an away trip could be as much as 20 pints a day but who is counting?
A pint is two??

Well that just bumped me up them
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:01pm
to answer the initial question, as i sit with me bottle of free wine from work and The Clancy brothers finest playing...I'd say yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic