You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apres Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Thought they dragged the arse out of it a bit. Funny in spots, but featuring commentary on the match for pretty much the entire show was too much. And those 'interruptions' by the Republic fans were a bit out of place.
Again, some of the spoof commercials were the best thing about it.
+1. The whistling part of the nordie accent was funny to start with but started to get a bit boring after the first few times, especially when they were clearly trying to force it in at times, almost as an afterthought.

Think it's eggball next week isn't it, BOD introducing himself to international rugby in Paris in 2000. Cue more Celtic Tiger related spoof ads no doubt. Still laugh at the ones they did for the Ireland-Holland game in 2001 for things like personal helicopters and new-build housing (how would you like to buy a house that's not yet been built on a street that doesn't yet exist with money you don't have?). LOL 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:11pm
Had almost forgotten what a complete and other **** Billy Bingham is. Now 85 and a scout for Burnley according to wikipedia. Wiki of course is never wrong.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 15 Mar 2017 at 11:12pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:24pm
Just watched the latest one Stuttgart '88

Barry Davies

"The Irish fans behind bars who look like they may well be used to that position. I'm off with the England fans to wreck the place and give it some of that"
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Barry Davies

"The Irish fans behind bars who look like they may well be used to that position. I'm off with the England fans to wreck the place and give it some of that"

Was blocked on Sky here in the Occupied 6 again and won't play on RTE player here either.

Anyone know or got a link for it at all? No rush, wouldn't get watching it till tomorrow night anyway. Thanks
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Barry Davies

Was blocked on Sky here in the Occupied 6 again and won't play on RTE player here either.

Anyone know or got a link for it at all? No rush, wouldn't get watching it till tomorrow night anyway. Thanks
download the hola app and then use it to set your location to ireland and then watch it on rte player
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Barry Davies

download the hola app and then use it to set your location to ireland and then watch it on rte player
It doesn't work anymore, I get 60 minutes of the City game on Sunday before the website noticed though so you might be lucky though. Hola hasn't really worked on any sites for over a year.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Barry Davies

It doesn't work anymore, I get 60 minutes of the City game on Sunday before the website noticed though so you might be lucky though. Hola hasn't really worked on any sites for over a year.
ah ok, have only used it rarely and not in a while.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:34am
Apres Match well passed its best at this stage and turning into a caricature of itself. Time to put it out to pasture or it'll ruin its reputation altogether.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:27am
Bollox Cabra Hoop....that was one of the funniest ones I've seen
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:34am
Loved the Stuttgart one as well, Barry Davies going off the "wreck the place" and his total bias towards England in the commentary was just brilliant. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Loved the Stuttgart one as well, Barry Davies going off the "wreck the place" and his total bias towards England in the commentary was just brilliant. LOL
This.

"That's a blatant penalty......eventhough it was five yards outside the box.....Eire...jammy bastards"

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

This.

"That's a blatant penalty......eventhough it was five yards outside the box.....Eire...jammy bastards"

The Irish fans celebrating every big hoof up the pitch as if it was a goal was the best Clap
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:46pm
Bit better this week alright.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:49pm
1985 this week, class. Lads of my ilk will remember Brendan O Reilly as a sports presenter and Risteard has him off brilliantly.

Some absolute comedy gold on this.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:53pm

1985 this week, class. Lads of my ilk will remember Brendan O Reilly as a sports presenter and Risteard has him off brilliantly.

Some absolute comedy gold on this.

Watched it last night and my aul wan said the exact same.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Apres Match well passed its best at this stage and turning into a caricature of itself. Time to put it out to pasture or it'll ruin its reputation altogether.

I would have to disagree. The 93 Ire-N. Iron, 88 Ire-Eng and 2000 rugby episodes were all pretty fooking funny. The commentary for all three is hilarious.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I would have to disagree. The 93 Ire-N. Iron, 88 Ire-Eng and 2000 rugby episodes were all pretty fooking funny. The commentary for all three is hilarious.

Great stuff altogether "a lovely family atmosphere at Windsor Park here this evening"
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:32am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Great stuff altogether "a lovely family atmosphere at Windsor Park here this evening"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic