You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

get the OEM part number and just google that, should bring up plenty of sites selling the part. What did you break this time?

Didnt break anything, just prepping for an upcoming wear and tear
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

get the OEM part number and just google that, should bring up plenty of sites selling the part. What did you break this time?

your car is new enough, thought it would have been  ok without needing to replace anything at this stage.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Any recommendation for a reliable car parts site either here or across the puddle? I know Micks Garage, but Id assume there is cheaper out there.
eBay is actually quite good, a lot of the time you’re buying direct from the supplier in the UK. Same rules apply when buying anything on eBay 
cheers Vin, never thought of ebay

Thumbs Up Just make sure to read the description & if possible send them on the VIN number from the vehicle

Knowing sham he will probably send on your phone number while sitting in the car  Smile

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Feb 2020 at 12:52pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 4:05pm

your car is new enough, thought it would have been  ok without needing to replace anything at this stage.
just an advisory still a fair few mile left yet before due, just pricing around to compare v dealer 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Any recommendation for a reliable car parts site either here or across the puddle? I know Micks Garage, but Id assume there is cheaper out there.
eBay is actually quite good, a lot of the time you’re buying direct from the supplier in the UK. Same rules apply when buying anything on eBay 
cheers Vin, never thought of ebay

Thumbs Up Just make sure to read the description & if possible send them on the VIN number from the vehicle

Knowing sham he will probably send on your phone number while sitting in the car  Smile
 LOL 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:06am
If I change a reverse bulb in a 2012 A5 myself, am I in danger of it throwing up a load of coding or diagnostics issues? 
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

If I change a reverse bulb in a 2012 A5 myself, am I in danger of it throwing up a load of coding or diagnostics issues? 

Nope, will be all good.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:47pm
Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:58pm
@ 9.5gingers

Despite you becoming a fully qualified and half decent mechanic, and all without a brain, I’m going to ask where is the best spot in D15 for a 4wheel alignment? Tried Dave McCann, Fast Fit and Atlas in recent memory and never seemed to be 100%, or maybe 100% is not possible?

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:00pm
wouldnt bother.

services will break down. there'll be no fuel. save the bother. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:07pm

@ 9.5gingers

Despite you becoming a fully qualified and half decent mechanic, and all without a brain, I’m going to ask where is the best spot in D15 for a 4wheel alignment? Tried Dave McCann, Fast Fit and Atlas in recent memory and never seemed to be 100%, or maybe 100% is not possible?

LOL You still working in D3? Phoenix tyres  are decent. What’s the issue with the other 3 you’ve been to? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:11pm

@ 9.5gingers

LOL You still working in D3? Phoenix tyres  are decent. What’s the issue with the other 3 you’ve been to? 
Yeah still turn up in D3 on occasion. Last yoke I had just never seemed to be perfect when driving away. As I said, maybe 100% perfect is expecting too much?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:21pm

@ 9.5gingers

Yeah still turn up in D3 on occasion. Last yoke I had just never seemed to be perfect when driving away. As I said, maybe 100% perfect is expecting too much?

Wheel alignment can be a bit of pain in the hole, realistically speaking to get it 100% you’d need 4 brand new tyres. Garages should have no problem getting cars within NCT tolerances however as they’re huge. 
What problems were you experiencing that had you get the alignment checked so often? Uneven tyre wear, car pulling to one side? 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:29pm
Wasnt experiencing anything out of the ordinary I suppose, at least anything that Irish roads don’t throw up. Just when I drove away there would be still a slight pull. Im probably being a bit fussy though. When I said recent memory, im going back a few years. It’ll be the first time getting it done on this yoke so ill see how I get on local
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:14pm
so the front spring or shock went on my car as went to leave the house this evening, it’s a Clio with a 5 year warranty. I bought in may 2015 but it was a pre reg and was registered in March 2015. That will be a fun conversation with the garage in the morning.

Anyone any idea what this would cost to fix?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

so the front spring or shock went on my car as went to leave the house this evening, it’s a Clio with a 5 year warranty. I bought in may 2015 but it was a pre reg and was registered in March 2015. That will be a fun conversation with the garage in the morning.

Anyone any idea what this would cost to fix?
Could it be the bushings that might be gone ? If so not that pricey to fix
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:50pm
the bushings had to be replaced shortly after I bought it, that did come into my head but it has dropped on one side so I assume it’s the spring

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 11:00pm
Springs going would be extremely common on those. I would very much doubt it’ll be covered under warranty 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 133>
  Share Topic