Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm

Whether he would have or not, what the f**k has that got to do with anything?

Sure some of these lads would go into work the day after they died .

'tis bizarre alright! I'd say something if he worked for a small operation or something, but lads expecting him to ignore medical advice for a f**king office job?

Duke & Duke appreciate the lads who crawl into work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
going back to work on Monday after being off work for 6 weeks and 2 days off with a broken collar bone.

Bored out of me tits sitting at home, good job it's an office job or I'd be off for another 2 weeks!

Edited by Shoco - 11 Aug 2018 at 3:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:27pm
Len Gaynor said the other night on the hurling programme "The Game" That back in his time playing there was no easy jobs like today and he mentioned office jobs! He's dead right! 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm

You're taking 2 weeks off an office job for a torn calf? Jesus f**king christ id sack ye now.

I didn't even ask for it. Doctor just wrote the note to say I require 2 weeks off work. I'm on the other side of the country so can't travel with a heavy bag and crutches on public transport. Have to keep the leg elevated. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:07pm

This query is more to do with sick leave.

I work in finance and have gotten a doctor/cert to state I'm unable to work for 2 weeks. (9 working days due to bank holiday) I tore a calf muscle and have to keep it rested, elevated, iced etc I'm currently back home on the other side of the country so both the gp and doctor in the hospital told me notto travel.

Work are now advising after 7 consecutive days out  to ask my doctor for some social welfare cert. 

Does this mean work won't pay me sick leave after  7 days or welfare pay some of it? I was just made perm back in May and expect work to pay me as I've provided my cert.

If this happened before you were made permanent, I'd bet you would have hobbled around the office for those 2 weeks.

First of all I've never claimed sick leave in my life. I have no idea what I am or amen't entitled to irrespective of being made permanent or not.

I can't travel 200 miles on a pair of crutches with a heavy bag and how am I supposed to keep my leg elevated, iced and in the one position when I'm working in a busy office. Do I take taxis in and out of work at 20 quid per trip?

I've never torn a muscle or been on crutches in my life and I'm assuming I'll aggravate it more if I ignore what the doctor says. As I stated I never asked for 2 weeks off but I know I can't travel at the moment up to Dublin. 

I'm going to the states at the end of September so  I don't want to prolong the injury as I'm not travelling with crutches over there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm

I work in finance and have gotten a doctor/cert to state I'm unable to work for 2 weeks. (9 working days due to bank holiday) I tore a calf muscle and have to keep it rested, elevated, iced etc I'm currently back home on the other side of the country so both the gp and doctor in the hospital told me notto travel.

Work are now advising after 7 consecutive days out  to ask my doctor for some social welfare cert. 

Does this mean work won't pay me sick leave after  7 days or welfare pay some of it? I was just made perm back in May and expect work to pay me as I've provided my cert.

If this happened before you were made permanent, I'd bet you would have hobbled around the office for those 2 weeks.

First of all I've never claimed sick leave in my life. I have no idea what I am or amen't entitled to irrespective of being made permanent or not.

I can't travel 200 miles on a pair of crutches with a heavy bag and how am I supposed to keep my leg elevated, iced and in the one position when I'm working in a busy office. Do I take taxis in and out of work at 20 quid per trip?

I've never torn a muscle or been on crutches in my life and I'm assuming I'll aggravate it more if I ignore what the doctor says. As I stated I never asked for 2 weeks off but I know I can't travel at the moment up to Dublin. 

I'm going to the states at the end of September so  I don't want to prolong the injury as I'm not travelling with crutches over there.

firstly.... what washing powder does your oul wan use?
Grown man back and forth to mammys..f**k me dead.

Secondly, arrange some **** to-taxi you instead of milking the system you lazy no good waster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:09pm

I see pisstakers all the time in my place. Great attendance record while on probation then as soon as that is up, they've more feckin ailments than a plane to Lourdes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:25pm

'tis bizarre alright! I'd say something if he worked for a small operation or something, but lads expecting him to ignore medical advice for a f**king office job?

Some other poor sap has to pick up the slack when people are out sick. As someone else said, it is about personal attitude. A colleague of mine died last year after a long battle. She used to bring oxygen canisters in to the office. Another colleague wouldn't bother her hole to open her laptop for 2 weeks because the doctor had signed her off work with a bad back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:41pm
Maybe if she had taken the sick leave she was entitled to she might still be with us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:51pm

Maybe if she had taken the sick leave she was entitled to she might still be with us.

Twat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:55pm

Some other poor sap has to pick up the slack when people are out sick. As someone else said, it is about personal attitude. A colleague of mine died last year after a long battle. She used to bring oxygen canisters in to the office. Another colleague wouldn't bother her hole to open her laptop for 2 weeks because the doctor had signed her off work with a bad back.
Don't wanna sound like a **** but everyone is despenisible. Unless it's your business ,the place will survive .That woman was better off at home .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:06pm

That's pretty common, just means welfare pay you instead of the employer , stops companies having to pay massive amounts for people who are long term sick 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:32pm

Exactly! 

Fair play Muff just right taking the two weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:23am

Don't wanna sound like a **** but everyone is despenisible. Unless it's your business ,the place will survive .That woman was better off at home .

As Lenny says, it’s one of his colleagues that has to pick up the slack. It’s not a case of where he isn’t in the work just gets put on hold for 2 weeks. 

Employment law in Ireland is way too restrictive. 11 months work hard and then after that they can do what they like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 12:55pm

That's pretty common, just means welfare pay you instead of the employer , stops companies having to pay massive amounts for people who are long term sick 

Or if you’re lucky, your employer adds the difference on top of the welfare payment. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 12:27am
Not quite topic related but couldn’t find a suitable thread and didn’t want to start a new one. I have googled but cant seem to find the info I’m looking for and I know there are a couple of HR gurus on here.

So.... When you book say a days AL, is there a statutory time frame in place that your leave must be approved or refused from either the date you booked it or from the date you wish to take off? Or can an employer sit on your application until the last minute and then approve/refuse as they see fit?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 12:44am

You're taking 2 weeks off an office job for a torn calf? Jesus f**king christ id sack ye now.

I agree.

I was back in work 2 days after knee surgery

I had open heart surgery in the morning and was back at work in the afternoon FFS. 2 weeks for a sore leg

That’s because they found you didn’t have one. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 8:38am

Not quite topic related but couldn’t find a suitable thread and didn’t want to start a new one. I have googled but cant seem to find the info I’m looking for and I know there are a couple of HR gurus on here.

So.... When you book say a days AL, is there a statutory time frame in place that your leave must be approved or refused from either the date you booked it or from the date you wish to take off? Or can an employer sit on your application until the last minute and then approve/refuse as they see fit?
Wouldn't have thought it's a statutory thing but it's a d1ck move to do if your boss is doing it. I'd say have a word with them, they may just have got it lost in emails. If they really are delaying it and impacting your ability to plan, have a word with HR.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>