You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:42pm
In that one person that smuggles garlic in as onions gets a heavier sentence than somebody who bankrupts the country and is involved in collapsing a banking institute.

Or that rapists and child molesters gets suspended sentences, and that the courts see fit that over 500 people go to jail for not paying a TV license.

The perspective is that there is too much inconsistency in sentencing and dishing out justice.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:54pm
As far as I know nobody has ever been sent to jail for not paying their TV licence. Disregard of a court order in relation to a TV licence can result in jail time, but that is not about the TV licence itself.

As SD has said, the detail is very important in the garlic case. This was not about the reclassification, but the effect of it, which was a massive hole in the pockets of the public purse. It was a far more serious case than just about the reclassification of the item.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic