You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Pearce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex Pearce
    Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:34am
Sponsored Links

MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:35am
Apparently Alex Pearce declared for us too!! Tongue
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:39am

Reading defender Alex Pearce has revealed he is ready to pledge his allegiance to the Republic of Ireland.

The 22-year-old, who has been an ever-present for Reading this season, has established himself as one of the best young central defenders outside the Premier League with a number of commanding performances for the Royals.

Pearce is thought to be on Giovanni Trapattoni's radar as he looks to bring new players into the fold and the Italian is thought to have watched him in action in last month's draw at Crystal Palace.

Pearce, who has represented Scotland's Under 21s, admits he plans to pledge his allegiance to the Republic and that he would jump at the chance of a call-up.

"I heard Trapattoni was at the Crystal Palace game and it is flattering to hear he may have been watching me," Pearce told skysports.com.

"I was obviously pleased I had a good performance and we kept a clean sheet.

Privilege

"If I got a call-up for the Republic of Ireland it would be a privilege.

"I actually played for Republic of Ireland Under 14s in a tournament and then I played one game for Scotland's Under 21s, but then it fizzled out.

"I am eligible for Ireland through my grandmother and if I had the choice I would play for the Republic of Ireland.

"I would love to play for the Republic of Ireland and it would be a dream come true for me and my family to play for them.

"If I was to get a call-up I would look to grab the opportunity with both hands and do my best to impress.

"But my main focus is on doing my job for Reading and we will see what happens in the future."

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:45am
some timing!, he might think he has a chance to sneaking into the squad ofr euros (if we get there)
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:53am

Is he decent??? I've never heard of him.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:56am
Seen him on football league show a few times and seems decent, but never watched a full 90mins.
The more the merrier, we have seen in the past few days how with a few injuries we can see that cover is badly needed
Read it 3 times before posting
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

some timing!, he might think he has a chance to sneaking into the squad ofr euros (if we get there)

In fairness, he has been talking about declaring for a while now

Edited by grannyrule - 04 Nov 2011 at 11:13am
The only way is up
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:36am

Another chap for the Scots to get in a tizzy about!

gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:44am
In fairness, he has been talking about declaring for a while now
[/QUOTE]
That's true actually. I wonder if we make it will we see any concerted campaigns from Stearman & Pennant or an about-face from O'Hara etc to get in the squad...
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:19pm
With St Ledger not 1st choice at club level, the likes of Pearse may be worth a look at.
Say nothing till you hear more
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:29pm
if he is so good how come the scots have never given him a senior run out, they have the caldwell sisters but after that they aint blessed with the most talented players(like us) the carling nations the scots had a few injuries and he never made the squads, glad he declared just wondering has he turned down scotlands advances or just changing to us cause he cant get in the scotland squad
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:36pm
We aren't blessed with a wealth of centre halves and its hard to see who's going to step up to the mantle once Dunne's career ends - very few young players coming through. But this fella, chancing his arm a week before a playoff. And as dudley says, if he's any use he'd have no bother getting in the Scottish squad.
sonofakeano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofakeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 4:23am
Give the lad a chance. He has said it will be an honour for him and his family if he gets called up for Ireland. Thats the sort of man we want to be wearing the jersey. I'm delighted he has decided to declare for us
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 4:29am
We have a real issue at Centre Half going forward and we need to explore all options available. If you take a look back at the last U-21 campaign, the players we used at Centre Half haven't exactly excelled since.

I am closer an international call up both Callum Morris and Darren Dennehy
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 4:45am
Don't care who we cap as long as the can offer us something
The only way is up
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Pearce has been named player of the month in the Championship for December.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 9:09pm
Yeah he is very solid, only 23. 

Mother is scottish and father is irish, and eventhough he played twice for scotland's u21 he has said his loyalty lies with Ireland. 

Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

Pearce has been named player of the month in the Championship for December.

Good stuff Clap

No need to fast track him into the squad if he is loyal to Ireland , baring major injuries to the defense prior to the Euro's i feel we should wait until after the tournament and give the likes of Pierce a chance to prove themselves....

But yes any new options are welcome.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic