You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:58am
Definitely not a good game. Looked totally off the pace. Maybe the injury didn't help as he has been much better in other games. Made a huge difference when he went off and Robinson came on
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:57am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Never seen him replicate his club form for Ireland. Not at international level at all. 

True. He’s had a couple of half-decent performances, that’s it. Very poor last night. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:37am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That miss in Slovakia seems to have dented his confidence 

Dented it so much he scored away against Serbia…

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:45am
is he out for the next game? seem to remember him picking up yellow in the 2 games this week.. 
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:11am
Yep Browne and Molumby are out for the Azerbaijan game
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

That's interesting, as that's the only competitive match in the October window with the 2nd game being the friendly v Qatar.
So neither should be named in the squad and our midfield options are already threadbare.

Hopefully Knight wil be back to take one slot anyway, and likely straight into the starting XI.

The door has opened for another new lad to step in...maybe Kilkenny, Coventry, Taylor, Szmodics or Johansoon if any get a run of club matches...who am I missing?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:38am
I would highly doubt those players will be called up.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Coventry and Szmodics have already been called up.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Went off the boil at Preston the season before last, made the silly decision to stay and sign a new contract there when couple bigger clubs were in for him.

Of course he hasnt been helped in recent months with Covid and Injuries. Didnt he have surgery over the summer?

We're bigger clubs in for him, not sure I remember reading anything during that January transfer window when he only had six months left on his contract.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

That's interesting, as that's the only competitive match in the October window with the 2nd game being the friendly v Qatar.
So neither should be named in the squad and our midfield options are already threadbare.

Hopefully Knight wil be back to take one slot anyway, and likely straight into the starting XI.

The door has opened for another new lad to step in...maybe Kilkenny, Coventry, Taylor, Szmodics or Johansoon if any get a run of club matches...who am I missing?

Knight to come back along with McCarthy & Byrne.

I'd still have Molumby & Browne in the October squad, play them against Qatar.

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Coventry and Szmodics have already been called up.

& Taylor was called up in November. If he hadn't been injured, & had been playing in the run up to the squad announcement, he might have been included this time.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 4:01pm
To be honest I thought he had been one of our better performers in midfield under Kenny, although he didn't play well at all last night. Maybe that's due to how poorly others have played more so than Browne being good.
JackiesArmy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackiesArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:22pm
Seems he has regressed in general, not just for us. Preston fans not happy with him, but atmosphere there has turned toxic over last year or two anyway.

Probably for tbe best if he could get a move out of there in the next transfer window or two.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:55pm
He loves the gargle which doesn't help
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I believe the Preston fans have a signature chant about him and one of the local drinking establishments.

Anyways, he's a father now so hopefully he's got all of that out of his system!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Helped McGrath through a few games
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 2:43pm
Out with a knock today. Hasn't been able to get going at all this season for one reason or another.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Out with a knock today. Hasn't been able to get going at all this season for one reason or another.

When he has played this season he's been truly poor. I wonder if he's been carrying some sort of injury. 

His performances this season are not consistent with other seasons.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:21pm
Assist tonight for the lead goal, 2 1! Back in the team at wend and again tonight, Captain I think. Good news!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
  Share Topic