Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 220>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:55pm
i always liked him but he flattered to deceive , beat his man and then a crap cross every time. 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:20pm
Has halved his wages in order to extend his Sunderland contract an extra year until 2021.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:49pm
Just the one goal and assist for him tonight. Mad that he's not even considered for the extended squad anymore. Even at 33, he's miles better than someone like Sadlier will ever be.
We're decent enough..
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Just the one goal and assist for him tonight. Mad that he's not even considered for the extended squad anymore. Even at 33, he's miles better than someone like Sadlier will ever be.
Agreed and in a different league to mcclean. 

Yeah, league one. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:25pm
Judge who doesn't start for Ipswich and Curtis also picked both are in League 1.

Must be an issue there I reckon, especially when you consider that O'Dowda is another player not playing for his club along side Brady who is injured.

Doesn't leave a lot of players who play in that position.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Judge who doesn't start for Ipswich and Curtis also picked both are in League 1.

Must be an issue there I reckon, especially when you consider that O'Dowda is another player not playing for his club along side Brady who is injured.

O'Dowda got a run off the bench tonight, hopefully he starts getting more game time now. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm

Judge is still coming back from his wrist injury that he picked up in the denmark game. Remember the game he laid on the equaliser for dunkin duffy.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Yeah, league one. 
LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 12:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Yeah, league one. 
LOL
LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Judge is still coming back from his wrist injury that he picked up in the denmark game. Remember the game he laid on the equaliser for dunkin duffy.

And?

He's still playing League 1 and he has still done SFA at club level the last 3 years too.

The point here is that Mick has his favorites regardless what league
they are playing in and Judge will made the final squad.

If McGeady was playing in the Championship he still wouldn't have made the provisional squad for whatever reason.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
Not on the WU but is McGeady finished with Ireland? He is scoring and assisting regularly and plays at the same level as “Judgey”. 

Would he be a bad option off the pitch against Georgia in the 70th minute? If we were struggling to break them down. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
Considering he's not been selected for any of the provisional squads I doubt he will play again.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:39pm

Considering he's not been selected for any of the provisional squads I doubt he will play again.

I think with international football once you're in your 30s, there's a 'if you pick me it's to play me' expectation.

You see it with Westwood, mcgeady and whelan. Players at this age wont learn anything new just by being in the squad and the manager already knows what they're about.

Part of this might come from the player but I think a manager might see it this way too which is why mcgeady has not been included.

Just a theory though.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:19am

I get that and agree but do you think he could a job?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I get that and agree but do you think he could a job?

I do yeah.
Many others wouldn't!

I'd have him ahead of Judge and O'Dowda, however O'Dowda is one for the future, although he is 24!
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:57am
I still think there is a significant case for not picking aged, League 1 players. The selection of Judge means that McGeady should be considered. Having said that, I still feel he has been greatly over-rated and that having him there or not won’t make significant difference.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:54am
It's easy to look at the likes of McGeady and others doing well and forget how poor league 1 is. To be honest we shouldn't be touching players from that league, unless maybe we're stuck for a reserve keeper or looking at a young player on loan down there or something. Similar standard to the Scottish league outside of the two Glasgow based teams. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 16 Sep 2019 at 11:55am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's easy to look at the likes of McGeady and others doing well and forget how poor league 1 is. To be honest we shouldn't be touching players from that league, unless maybe we're stuck for a reserve keeper or looking at a young player on loan down there or something. Similar standard to the Scottish league outside of the two Glasgow based teams. 

Would you rate LOI higher than League 1?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 220>
  Share Topic