Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 220>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Grayson sacked following another draw. Unlikely to do Aiden or the other Sunderland Irish any good.

The inevitable. Himself and McGeady are morons for moving there in, poison of a club, both had great things going on at Preston that they should have/would have been able to build on this season.

Would have largely benefited Horgan, Boyle and O'Connor too given they were his signings and not getting much a look in under Neil.

Given how Sunderland signed McGeady from Everton and not Preston, was it ever nailed on he was going to sign for them permanently, no. So you're just assuming that McGeady was going to just sign for Preston, despite the club more or less saying that they probably couldn't afford his wages when he was on loan when talk of a permanent deal was being thrown about. 

Grayson should take a look at himself too, easy blame the club for his all failings when he amassed 1 win in 15 league games. 

(I do partly blame Short and the club too because he wasn't backed financially in the summer too may I add) 

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Nov 2017 at 12:36am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Grayson sacked following another draw. Unlikely to do Aiden or the other Sunderland Irish any good.

The inevitable. Himself and McGeady are morons for moving there in, poison of a club, both had great things going on at Preston that they should have/would have been able to build on this season.

Would have largely benefited Horgan, Boyle and O'Connor too given they were his signings and not getting much a look in under Neil.

Grayson knew the hand he was being dealt when he arrived at the club. 
It was his own arrogance to think he could do it.

Preston have done alot better without Grayson also, so is Grayson really all that? Nope.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:40am
Wasn't assuming McGeady would sign for Preston, no, especially considering Grayson was saying all toward the end of last season that they likely couldn't afford his wages when the loan deal expired. I am saying that from an Ireland point of view, he should have thought about his move more carefully, but when lads get toward the end of their careers, they tend to go for the biggest contract they can get, which is understandable for the player. 

Daryl Murphy, though a few years older than McGeady, rejected at least 2 other offers before going to Forest, mainly because they offered him a 3rd year, which to be honest, he is unlikely to see out at his age. McGeady surely had other offers after his good form last year, don't think Sunderland were a good shout. 

And I forgot completely about Wilson in last post.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Wasn't assuming McGeady would sign for Preston, no, especially considering Grayson was saying all toward the end of last season that they likely couldn't afford his wages when the loan deal expired. I am saying that from an Ireland point of view, he should have thought about his move more carefully, but when lads get toward the end of their careers, they tend to go for the biggest contract they can get, which is understandable for the player. 

Daryl Murphy, though a few years older than McGeady, rejected at least 2 other offers before going to Forest, mainly because they offered him a 3rd year, which to be honest, he is unlikely to see out at his age. McGeady surely had other offers after his good form last year, don't think Sunderland were a good shout. 

And I forgot completely about Wilson in last post.

My post was in reply to Valo Thumbs Up

With all due respect McGeady has scored 4 times this season already and has 3 assists.

Granted Sunderland's form isn't good, but the move itself for McGeady on a personal level hasn't been too bad.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:04am
True that, his form has mainly held up this year, and they likely won't be able to afford him in League 1 next year anyway. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:09am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

True that, his form has mainly held up this year, and they likely won't be able to afford him in League 1 next year anyway. 

I never knew a team could be relegated in November but how and ever, maybe you should put money on it. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:06pm
Despite their poor start to year, I'd be absolutely astonished if Sunderland were still in the bottom three at the end of the season. They've had a lot of draws so far, so you get the feeling that if they catch a bit of luck and start turning a few of those draws into wins they'll steadily climb the table.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:13pm
6 Irishmen on show in Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough today. Randolph and Christie were very good for Middlesbrough, while Wilson and Gibson were both decent for Sunderland. McGeady mixed some good with a lot of very bad, while O'Shea looked very vulnerable, particularly against a pacy Middlesbrough forward line.
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
Said in the playoffs thread last month that Wilson isn't a bad shout to replace Meyler during his suspension, as much of the club form literally can't get any worse, Wilson's probably been the best of the bad bunch. 
Gibbo's been okay too, it's probably a moot point at this stage as he's likely to be about 15th choice but he's been linking up well, finding the runners and creating 1 2's to create space.
Randolph MOTM, Christie did okay but as always suspect on the defensive side of things.

O'Shea is that badly aged horse no one ever backs in the Grand National anymore sadly.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
Sunderlands main problem from what I can see is an absolute lack of pace through the middle. Wilson would be a good partner for a younger centre-back, and Gibson could excel with an athletic midfielder beside him. His lack of mobility really is unfortunate from our POV, because he is so much more composed on the ball than 90% of our other midfield options. Unfortunately said lack of mobility can make him a bit of a dead weight when his team is out of possession, which we usually are...
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:10pm
Sunderland's main problem is defence, plain and simple.

They're 5th in goals scored but now joint bottom on goals conceded. Plug the defence and they'll move up the table.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:46am
I’ve been as big a fan of Aidan as anyone on here over the years, but just thought to myself tonight that it’s time for him to hang up the boots
We can no longer go on watching him shimmying inside a defender and crossing to hit the next defender
That sort of bad habit should have been eradicated from his game 15 years ago. At 31 he isn’t going to get any faster, stronger or cut out the errors anymore, and tricky wingers usually start to decline around now.
Thanks for the memories Aidan and goodbye
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:49am
Genuinely think he's the most frustrating Ireland player of all time.

Bar that goal vs Georgia, a career of absolutely nothing, anonymous performances, corners to the first defender, free kicks out of play and runs to nowhere.

Should be his last chance in an Ireland shirt. Head wrecking stuff, Worst part is every time he comes on you get that naive hope that spark of magic will appear, never bloody does.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:11am
Have a feeling he’s going to retire. He just doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it anymore
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:37am
The most insanely frustrating player I have ever seen playing for us. If failing to beat the first defender with crosses was an Olympic sport he'd a be a multiple gold medalist.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:41am
It will be a sad day for Irish football if this donkey makes it to 100 caps. Currently on 93 caps which is about 80 more than he's deserved. Hope to christ he retires.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Have a feeling he’s going to retire. He just doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it anymore
Bless him.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

It will be a sad day for Irish football if this donkey makes it to 100 caps. Currently on 93 caps which is about 80 more than he's deserved. Hope to christ he retires.
Someone should go to jail over this.

Absolutely criminal, should have got 3 caps not 93.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 220>
  Share Topic