You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIB & the ever closer cashless society

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Cash is just for tax dodgers
And politicians...
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Cash is just for tax dodgers
And politicians...

And Entrepreneurs who sell all kinds of sweets 

Edited by Healy52003 - 20 Jul 2022 at 11:24pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 10:39pm
AIB are telling people in Castletownbere to just go to Bantry. An hour away ffs. It's grand telling people use visa card etc but large parts of Ireland have no reliable Internet. Imagine trying to use a visa card in a taxi  or a pub in West CorkLOL

Edited by Jackal - 20 Jul 2022 at 10:40pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

AIB are telling people in Castletownbere to just go to Bantry. An hour away ffs. It's grand telling people use visa card etc but large parts of Ireland have no reliable Internet. Imagine trying to use a visa card in a taxi  or a pub in West CorkLOL

Do they have other atms or a post office in castletownbere. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Just a post office but that's no good to ya on a Sunday. This wouldn't actually be a big problem if the government just sorted out the Internet. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 11:13pm

Just a post office but that's no good to ya on a Sunday. This wouldn't actually be a big problem if the government just sorted out the Internet. 

The AIB was hardly open on a Sunday either.   Is
There no other atm in the town? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 11:31pm

The AIB was the only outdoor one. I think Supervalu may have an indoor one alright. I suppose you'd want to plan and make sure you have your money for the weekend out earlier.

Edited by Jackal - 20 Jul 2022 at 11:33pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 11:48pm
rarely use cash but still think this is a sh*tty move by aib.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 12:26am

The AIB was the only outdoor one. I think Supervalu may have an indoor one alright. I suppose you'd want to plan and make sure you have your money for the weekend out earlier.

having no bank on the beara peninsula is nothing short of a disgrace, its 48km from dursey to glengarriff and another 17km to bantry. there's ~6000 living down there many of whom are elderly on top of the dozens upon dozens of local business getting royally screwed by aib. they can't all go to the post office!

this simply should not be happening to a bank in which the state owns the majority of the shares.

Edited by colemanY2K - 21 Jul 2022 at 12:27am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 12:36am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

having no bank on the beara peninsula is nothing short of a disgrace, its 48km from dursey to glengarriff and another 17km to bantry. there's ~6000 living down there many of whom are elderly on top of the dozens upon dozens of local business getting royally screwed by aib. they can't all go to the post office!

this simply should not be happening to a bank in which the state owns the majority of the shares.

They are not closing the banks.  They are removing the cash from the banks.  Not defending it just explaining what’s happening.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:35am

They have the internet in Casteltownbere

Edited by Shedite - 21 Jul 2022 at 8:35am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:53am

They are not closing the banks.  They are removing the cash from the banks.  Not defending it just explaining what’s happening.  
might as well be closed. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:23am

might as well be closed. 

Plenty of Banks removed cashiers desks from branches and replaced with self service lodgement ATM's. How often do people need a cashier to get FX or buy a draft? extremely rarely I'd guess.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:33am
I can confirm that the internet is pure muck in rural Ireland. And I think its obvious that nearly all physical bank branches will be gone soon. 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:49am

They have the internet in Casteltownbere

There's a post office in castletownbere. 

Does every country have the same amount of complaining about everything, all the time like we do? It's still easy to get cash out and 99% of the people who are greatly upset about this are the lads who want to hide their cash from the tax man. I can't believe the uproar there has been about this. 
Here we go again
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

I can confirm that the internet is pure muck in rural Ireland. And I think its obvious that nearly all physical bank branches will be gone soon. 

Got the NBI email updating me on the network rollout progress for my parents house....

They can expect connection sometime between Jan 2025-Dec 2026

Wonderful stuff
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:41am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Got the NBI email updating me on the network rollout progress for my parents house....

They can expect connection sometime between Jan 2025-Dec 2026

Wonderful stuff

the business post has been producing great content regarding the scandal NBI has become. a number of major and minor stakeholders sold 85% of the entity recently to a big multinational investor...whether it improves delivery is another matter. 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:55pm
Bad news for buskers & beggars

Haven't been to a race mtg in a long time, can you bet by card on course ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic