You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cododonnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:41am

Abbey Travel Packages to Euro 2012 

We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing 14th June to Gdansk and returning from Poznan on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 4 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers
  • All taxes
  • Abbey Travel representative
Price based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis.  4* option also available.
Deposit (non-refundable) €300 per person.

We will also have a 3 match package for all Ireland's pool games - details on Mon.

To book call 01 8047102

Keep an eye on www.abbeytravel.ie for updates.
Sponsored Links

JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:06am

We now have a 3 match package for the games against Croatia in Poznan on 10th June, Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €2349pp plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing from Dublin on 10th June to Poznan and returning on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 2 nights in Poznan and 6 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers (airport/hotel, Poznan/Gdansk rtn, stadium/airport)
  • All taxes
Price is per person based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis. 4* option also available.
WHAT A RIP OFF
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:09am
Considering they are charging 1700 for 4 nights and a two game package, 2349 for 8 nights and an extra game doesnt seem as steep.  Mind you each package are before tickets!

The first package is 425 a night whereas the other is only a mere 293 per night!!
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

We now have a 3 match package for the games against Croatia in Poznan on 10th June, Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €2349pp plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing from Dublin on 10th June to Poznan and returning on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 2 nights in Poznan and 6 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers (airport/hotel, Poznan/Gdansk rtn, stadium/airport)
  • All taxes
Price is per person based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis. 4* option also available.
WHAT A RIP OFF

What did you expect

What does it matter what they are charging seen as you have already booked your own trip

I could understand if they were the only source of tickets

If people are happy to pay for this they will, its not compulsory for anyone to travel with Abbey.
I know nothing :-)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:47am
What an absolute rip off. If you went over to Poland with no tickets and ended up paying a tout three times the face value for each game over there, it would still work out a hell of a lot cheaper than Abbey. I hope nobody books these.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:47am

Even if i paid £300 each for 2 tickets i'd still be £500 better off. Crazy prices.

Edited by cabbageandbacon - 15 Dec 2011 at 5:52am
Twitter: @ghosty1879
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:48am
Sure you could go on a weeks holiday pretty much anywhere in the world for that money
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
Can u pay in installments
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
their trip to Tallinn was reasonable enough but this two match package is mad money
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:51am
I have to say it is a rip-off. Used to think these were a handy idea for ppl who couldnt get tickets. And in fairness sometimes they are useful. Not this package. 1700 just to arrive in the day of the Spain game and leave straight after the Italy game, and match tickets are extra!!! So 1700 to live in Gdansk between matches. Terrible.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:53am
Honest question - why are these rip off merchants allowed to advertise for free on this forum?
@AntrimMan85
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:54am
Dont tell me some of you thought that they were going to have reasonable prices for these packages?
aimed at the lazy fuks with a few bob in the pocket,who arnt arsed with trains,campervans,tents etc

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The BIG P View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The BIG P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:55am
Cowboys, Ted!!
Howya now
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:57am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Dont tell me some of you thought that they were going to have reasonable prices for these packages?
aimed at the lazy fuks with a few bob in the pocket,who arnt arsed with trains,campervans,tents etc

Not nice talking about the Hornet like that BSM Wink LOL
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Town Man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Town Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:01am
and to think these are the official travel partner of the FAI

how are they allowed get away with it??
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Not nice talking about the Hornet like that BSM Wink LOL
ShockedLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
that's well over my budget
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
You can do a fortnight in Tobago all-inclusive for that money!
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:56am

What do you really think though?Big smile
Twitter: @ghosty1879
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:59am
Received this email too (opening post)

I replied in an impolite manner telling them exactly how I felt Thumbs Down
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:00am
and unsubscribed form future emails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic