You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Dont bother replying to corkery, he's a known sh*t stirrer. 

Bray and Sligo on the way up, will ye go way outta that.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Dont bother replying to corkery, he's a known sh*t stirrer. 

Bray and Sligo on the way up, will ye go way outta that.

We only managed 2 points out of 9 vs Sligo this season, and they have won the league in 2012 and three cups in the last 6 years, we really cant say much. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Positive all round at Bray for once, lot of players there again next year, playing well & getting results, managerial stability at long last and the crowd numbers have picked up hugely as a result, next season will be interested.

North Wicklow and south Dublin are major population centres so if the club can tap into that a bit more we'll hopefully see more numbers again with a bigger core base of fans, wouldn't mind seeing us rebrand as Wicklow Wanderers to see if it helps at all. I know from Harps, they draw support form all over Donegal which there's no way they would if they were Ballybofey Harps as they had considered calling themselves.

Was there not plans to redevelop the Carlisle Grounds?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:51pm
Id say there will be redevelopment if the bray revolution goes arse over tit like a lot of other clubs over the years.one problem with property developing owners...
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 10:25am
IMG_2656.PNG
I blame Terzinho. If the FAI are reading this please do what BoR said not the one idea everyone hated LOL
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

IMG_2656.PNG
I blame Terzinho. If the FAI are reading this please do what BoR said not the one idea everyone hated LOL

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Paul Lennon had seen this thread and wrote that piece based on it.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 8:47pm
It would be more of a source than most of the tripe he writes.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 12:02am
There is no promotion/relegation in that structure. I'm fairly sure Fifa don't let you do that ,
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 4:08pm
That media speculation is similar to my idea but not the same. It looks like a compromise, and it allows Cork play against Dublin teams without advancing to another stage.

As far as I can tell, it would look like this:

teams in each conference play only teams in their own conference once, i.e. 9 games

NORTHERN CONFERENCE
Dundalk
Derry City
Sligo Rovers
Bohemians
Galway United
Finn Harps
Drogheda United
Longford
Shelbourne
Athlone

SOUTHERN CONFERENCE
Cork City
Shamrock Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
Bray Wanderers
Limerick
Wexford Youths
Cobh Ramblers
UCD
Waterford United
Cabinteely

Top 5 teams in each conference advance  to a league where they play each other twice, i.e. 18 games.

FINAL LEAGUE
Dundalk
Derry City
Sligo Rovers
Bohemians
Galway United
Cork City
Shamrock Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
Bray Wanderers
Limerick

That'd be 27 games for the best teams in the country.

The teams that failed to advance play in some kind of FAI Shield.

Edited by Terzino - 28 Oct 2016 at 4:13pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:18pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:08pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

http://extratime.ie/articles/17868/league-of-ireland-attendances-2016---the-final-story/
Embarrassing all round really.
"The lowest attended game was Athlone Town’s August encounter with Cabinteely which we estimated 100 people attended."

If every player attracted 5 people (friend and family) it would come to 100 people Ouch
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:53pm
2,025 paid into Athlone all league season. That is €20,000 in gate. How do you even begin to run a club on that basis.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 4:58pm
midweek fixtures need to be scrapped full stop with the exception of bank holiday mondays, the fai looked to cash in last good friday using the bars at the aviva as an excuse to bump the attendance, a date that usually has good league of ireland attendances. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:16pm
Dire stuff
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:45am
I wonder will Fran Gavin claim credit for creating an atmosphere where attendances are declining.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:25am
The goose drank wine, the monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 3:03pm
Now that I have young kids (who'd be too young to stay up til 10. Well bar 1 who I'm hoping to be a regular next year despite the ear ache from the wife), I can see the reasons for Saturday afternoon kick offs. Would it make attendances worse? Can't get much lower.

Standard of grounds isn't acceptable for kids either. Brought young lad to his first match a few weeks and had to tell him to go for a sh*te before going to match as jacks are disgusting in United park (don't mind myself, but for kids, women, etc)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic