You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

You cursed him Zizu!!

I know... FFS
I was hoping this would be over quick so I could go back to bed.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:55am
LOL I'm the same, waiting to get back to the cot. Huge hold there. Love Federer, but money talks. Come on ta feck Cilic
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Amazing game by Cilic. What a turnaround from 30 mins ago
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:12am
This could go either way....
Cilic is definitely on top at the moment. If he can maintain this level he wins.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:26am
Balls anyway! Hold here and there's always a chance of Cilic breaking though. Feds serve game isn't cleaning up like before
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
Thought Cilic had the momentum going into the 5th and Federer was flagging a bit. Absolute balls of steal though. Really good match.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:40am
Incredible- 20 grand slams

When the pressure was on Fed just handled it better.
6 Aussie Opens

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:43am
Ya, he just deals with the pressure. Even in the 5th there were 3/4 clutch points in the opening few games. Federer won these. Cilic just couldn't live with him in those moments in the 5th. 20 has a great ring to it as well! The older he gets, the better he gets.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:12pm
greateat of all time! reckon he will give the French Open a miss again to get himself set up for Wimbledon.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:27pm
Probably. He did the smart thing last year doing that. I'd say he'd love to win a French again but it's so gruelling it probably isn't worth the risk as he'll obviously be long enough odds to do it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm
It definitely makes sense to skip the French.
He doesn’t have the legs anymore to win 7 matches on clay.

He should play some of the clay tournaments tho to get the No1 ranking back.
He skipped all the clay last year so can easily boost his ranking.

He will be heavy favourite for Wimbledon.....
he is a joy to watch and the best off all time.

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It definitely makes sense to skip the French.
He doesn’t have the legs anymore to win 7 matches on clay.

He should play some of the clay tournaments tho to get the No1 ranking back.
He skipped all the clay last year so can easily boost his ranking.

He will be heavy favourite for Wimbledon.....
he is a joy to watch and the best off all time.

+1
GOAT
He can get to No.1 in early March if Nadal doesn’t get to qtr’s of Acapulco 500 Open.
daraghj82 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
great win for fed, happy that he won but cilic played great and he was looking good after the 4th set, womens final very good as well, Im sure halep will win a slam very soon  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
Federer has entered Rotterdam this week to secure the No.1 Spot.

He needs to get to the semifinal to secure the top spot, for a few weeks anyway.
The last time he was No1 was all the way back in 2012.

He has won the first round so needs to win 2 more matches.

Some achievement for somebody at 36 1/2 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:10pm
Himself and Nadal playing at the levels they have in the past year or so is something else. Hopefully both can keep it going at the big slams for a couple of more years yet. They really won't be the same when they are gone.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:23pm

Himself and Nadal playing at the levels they have in the past year or so is something else. Hopefully both can keep it going at the big slams for a couple of more years yet. They really won't be the same when they are gone.

So true, Fed can’t go on for ever.
Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all have injury niggles which will curtail the amount of tournaments they play in.
Come Wimbledon Nadal will be 32, Djokovic and Murray will be 31.
Even Stan will be 33.
It’s hard to get excited about the future of tennis without these guys.
Alex Zverev and Kyrgios I think have the X factor.
Goffin, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Cilic, Thiem, Raonic, Pouille don’t have it.
One thing in favour of the aging Big 4 is that the best of the rest are still playing catch up.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:27pm
Agree, it really is hard to get excited about the next players in line to rule the roost. Hopefully when the time comes it will be different, but it just seems like there will be a big lull in mens tennis for a few years once these few guys go.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

So true, Fed can’t go on for ever.
Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all have injury niggles which will curtail the amount of tournaments they play in.
Come Wimbledon Nadal will be 32, Djokovic and Murray will be 31.
Even Stan will be 33.
It’s hard to get excited about the future of tennis without these guys.
Alex Zverev and Kyrgios I think have the X factor.
Goffin, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Cilic, Thiem, Raonic, Pouille don’t have it.
One thing in favour of the aging Big 4 is that the best of the rest are still playing catch up.

McEnroe is very critical of that generation - Goffin, Dimitrov, Nishikori etc saying they don't want it bad enough. They make so much money these days they are happy with $5-10M in the bank per year.

Fed and Nadal look set to dominate this year too but tennis can change quick,

I think Thiem will win the FO soon and Zverev will win some majors.
But once the big 3(5) retire Tennis will need new rivalries. I'm sure tennis will have one soon as each decade seems to throw up one.
It may be Zverev, Chung, Shapovalov etc

the 70's had Connors, Borg and McEnroe
the 80's had Edberg, Lendl and Becker
the 90's had Sampras and Agassi
the 00's had Fed and Nadal
the 10's had Fed, Nadal and DJ

If you havent seen it I would recommend the Borg McEnroe movie. Its more like a documentary rather than a hollywood movie which makes it better.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
  Share Topic