Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Season Transfer Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:56pm

I'll personally drive Gillian Brennan back to Drogs, twice, the second time to make doubly sure.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 3:25pm
Christy Fagan on the transfer list wtf Confused

Anyone care to shed some light on that? 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 5:19pm
^^ I wouldnt make a whole lot of it GD. Players can put their name on it at the end of the season. Maybe to try and get a different club, get their name out there, strengthen their barganing position, who knows. It dosent mean their not in contact with a club and ive seen players on the list before who have signed contracts.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 09 Nov 2012 at 5:20pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

^^ I wouldnt make a whole lot of it GD. Players can put their name on it at the end of the season. Maybe to try and get a different club, get their name out there, strengthen their barganing position, who knows. It dosent mean their not in contact with a club and ive seen players on the list before who have signed contracts.

Cheers mate Thumbs Up

I wouldn't call myself a fan of any LOI club or an avid follower but i watch a fair few games when they're on the telly + MNS every Monday night! I was very impressed with Fagan , so i naturally i couldn't believe he was on the transfer list!

Most players wouldn't be on 52 weeks contracts , that's surely a factor?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:30pm
99% of them sign a 40 week deal at the start of the season
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
greg View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Dillonman Dillonman wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Rumours on our forum that Killian Brennan might be joining the rest of the brothers at drogheda!

Was brilliant at Dublin city and bohs. Didn’t seem to give a sh*te about playing for rovers last year though!

A lot in drogheda would question his off the pitch antics, but he wouldn’t be the only one in our squad last season that have acted the bo**ox off the pitch!

He may not have any option but to play for his hometown club for peanuts unless the likes of pats,bohs or dundalk offer him a nice few bob! He certainly wouldn’t be coming to us for the money, as I cant see the club break the bank for anyone.

If he is signed, I think the fact that
his brothers are in the team might get his attitude right on the pitch, as I’m sure he’ll want to play well for them and his mates on the terrace! I’d have faith in cooke not to put up with any big time Charlie sh*te aswel!

A bit of a gamble, but a gamble worth taking if hes on a season long contract for peanuts to get another local in the team!

In saying that, can’t see his take Gavins place on the left, unless he could do a job at left back or centre midfield?

Going for a complete team of inbred hicks then. That will be fun.

No we will be going for a team full of Locals ( Including a few craptown ****s ) who can challenge for trophies and qualify for Europe Clap Maybe we should look around the country and get some fat useless young players from mervue or where ever the fook you shambles of a team was unearthed from LOL 
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:40am
How many seasons does Joey N'do have left in him?

He'll be 37 near the start of next season, still a class act though.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:44am
Full seasons tribal, Id say none. Would be a fantastic squad player and maybe starting alternate games. Hard to know with him because he is very professional and looks after himself extremely well. There has been some talk of him as a player/ coach roll with us. With Bara saying we'd be mad to get rid of him considering his experience. He has settled very well in the NortWest and would be keen to stay here.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 10 Nov 2012 at 11:45am
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 12:38pm
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/3049-double-signing

McGuinness and Chambers sign for Shams
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 1:12pm
bad loss for sligo

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
skippy87 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 7:37pm
very big loss to sligo, family reason for moving back to dublin . gent of a man
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 8:43pm
Chambers is a big loss for us.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by skippy87 skippy87 wrote:

very big loss to sligo, family reason for moving back to dublin . gent of a man

But McGuinness has claimed that his preference would be to stay with Sligo, having been part of the Bohemians side which won back-to-back titles in 2009 and 2010, only for it to break up.

McGuinness, 30, said: “I’m not too happy about it, if I have to leave the club, because I’ve won a cup, a league and been nominated in the team of the year, so, for me, it’s been the best two seasons of my career. It would be a shame to walk away from that.

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 11:43am
And he is giving it all the 'great to be back, unfinished business, biggest club, medals, get Rovers back to winning trophies' for Rovers consumption. Player is polite to fans shocker.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Full seasons tribal, Id say none. Would be a fantastic squad player and maybe starting alternate games. Hard to know with him because he is very professional and looks after himself extremely well. There has been some talk of him as a player/ coach roll with us. With Bara saying we'd be mad to get rid of him considering his experience. He has settled very well in the NortWest and would be keen to stay here.

But he lives in Dublin...

Check the reciepts, CityWest shopping centre.
Rocketfingers View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:42pm
McGuinness was reluctant to move i believe, but we offered a massive deal and he's a Dublin lad. He'll be glad to be getting money over the off season as well which according to my sources we're now doing. I must admit i'm worried about us handing out these big contracts, season tickets sales are sure to decrease this year as well.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Rocketfingers Rocketfingers wrote:

McGuinness was reluctant to move i believe, but we offered a massive deal and he's a Dublin lad. He'll be glad to be getting money over the off season as well which according to my sources we're now doing. I must admit i'm worried about us handing out these big contracts, season tickets sales are sure to decrease this year as well.
]

it certainly is a different story when it comes to shamrock contracts RF
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:28pm
Old news I know but quigley to rvs to be confirmed in the week
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
  Share Topic