You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Season Transfer Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 2:39pm
Alan Matthews signs new deal as Shels gaffer. Philly Hughes to Drogs is all but done. 

Can't see Kevin Dawson at Shels either next season
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Sponsored Links

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Alan Matthews signs new deal as Shels gaffer. Philly Hughes to Drogs is all but done. 

Heard he could be going to Portsmouth.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
Contract talks with some of our players started today.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:49pm
John Dilllon, Buchanan and Mark Mc Goldrick (local lad) released by the club.

Going to be very interesting to see who Barra brings and how he builds a team in pre-season.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 4:26pm
Heard it was Quigley and Rogers myself from a Sligo lad at work. Good signings for Rovers if true.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Heard he could be going to Portsmouth.

Was supposed to be Scun thorpe until the gaffer was sacked
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
might as well put it in here but we are looking for a new manager, again

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Bring back Giller!

.....could be worse, you could be chasing Stan
Dillonman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:16pm

Its the correct decision. Dont think hes managerial material. Hes a very good coach and would have liked to see him stay on in some capacity. But from his statement with the Dundalk Democrat tonight, hes taken it gracefully and said he understands the decision and holds no grudge with the new owners.

If we were to keep him on as manager it would have been another gamble. We need somebody with a good bit of experience who can get a sewttled squad together and steady the ship. This whole new squad every season doesnt help. There is  adecent core there that if we kept them and added a few experienced heads we will be fine next season.
We all hate Drog scum.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm
i totally agree with the decision, i still believe we were worse under him than SMC but he did his job and well done to him, i would have no bother with whoever the new man is taking darius back as a coach

im glad the club acted so quickly, and hopefully the new man will be in charge asap

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Dillonman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:58pm

i totally agree with the decision, i still believe we were worse under him than SMC but he did his job and well done to him, i would have no bother with whoever the new man is taking darius back as a coach

im glad the club acted so quickly, and hopefully the new man will be in charge asap

Going by the club statement today they have made it number one priority and hope to act in quick time. Iv heard they have already spoke to one or two.
We all hate Drog scum.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 8:24am

Rumours on our forum that Killian Brennan might be joining the rest of the brothers at drogheda!

Was brilliant at Dublin city and bohs. Didn’t seem to give a sh*te about playing for rovers last year though!

A lot in drogheda would question his off the pitch antics, but he wouldn’t be the only one in our squad last season that have acted the bo**ox off the pitch!

He may not have any option but to play for his hometown club for peanuts unless the likes of pats,bohs or dundalk offer him a nice few bob! He certainly wouldn’t be coming to us for the money, as I cant see the club break the bank for anyone.

If he is signed, I think the fact that his brothers are in the team might get his attitude right on the pitch, as I’m sure he’ll want to play well for them and his mates on the terrace! I’d have faith in cooke not to put up with any big time Charlie sh*te aswel!

A bit of a gamble, but a gamble worth taking if hes on a season long contract for peanuts to get another local in the team!

In saying that, can’t see his take Gavins place on the left, unless he could do a job at left back or centre midfield?

Edited by Wheelo - 07 Nov 2012 at 8:26am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 3:58pm
Philly McMahon dublin footballer on board with Rvs next season
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Rumours on our forum that Killian Brennan might be joining the rest of the brothers at drogheda!

Was brilliant at Dublin city and bohs. Didn’t seem to give a sh*te about playing for rovers last year though!

A lot in drogheda would question his off the pitch antics, but he wouldn’t be the only one in our squad last season that have acted the bo**ox off the pitch!

He may not have any option but to play for his hometown club for peanuts unless the likes of pats,bohs or dundalk offer him a nice few bob! He certainly wouldn’t be coming to us for the money, as I cant see the club break the bank for anyone.

If he is signed, I think the fact that his brothers are in the team might get his attitude right on the pitch, as I’m sure he’ll want to play well for them and his mates on the terrace! I’d have faith in cooke not to put up with any big time Charlie sh*te aswel!

A bit of a gamble, but a gamble worth taking if hes on a season long contract for peanuts to get another local in the team!

In saying that, can’t see his take Gavins place on the left, unless he could do a job at left back or centre midfield?

after repeated humpings he took against us this year it is unlikely that Vaseline will be moving to Inchicore
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:54pm
Please God that little sh*t head Brennan doesen't come near us next season
Dillonman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 9:15pm

If he is signed, I think the fact that
his brothers are in the team might get his attitude right on the pitch, as I’m sure he’ll want to play well for them and his mates on the terrace! I’d have faith in cooke not to put up with any big time Charlie sh*te aswel!

Going for a complete team of inbred hicks then. That will be fun.
We all hate Drog scum.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Dillonman Dillonman wrote:

If he is signed, I think the fact that
his brothers are in the team might get his attitude right on the pitch, as I’m sure he’ll want to play well for them and his mates on the terrace! I’d have faith in cooke not to put up with any big time Charlie sh*te aswel!

Going for a complete team of inbred hicks then. That will be fun.

Love them or hate them, 4 serious footballers though

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Dillonman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:09pm
PFAI Transfer List updated on 7th Nov:

We all hate Drog scum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic