You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd like to see Szmodics as a number 10 tonight rather than being on the left of a 3. It may very well end up as he being our main man for goals rather than Ferguson over the next 5 yrs.  Be interesting how this plays out.

Sammie Szmodics will go his entire ร‰ire career without scoring like other former greats such as Anthony Stokes, Caleb Folan, Leon Best and Conor Sammon.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I'd like to see Szmodics as a number 10 tonight rather than being on the left of a 3. It may very well end up as he being our main man for goals rather than Ferguson over the next 5 yrs.  Be interesting how this plays out.

Sammie Szmodics will go his entire ร‰ire career without scoring like other former greats such as Anthony Stokes, Caleb Folan, Leon Best and Conor Sammon.

No chance.  He'll score a good few goals.  If he plays tonight and is given 90 mins I'd back him to score.  He'll probably only get 30 mins though.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:27am

No chance.  He'll score a good few goals.  If he plays tonight and is given 90 mins I'd back him to score.  He'll probably only get 30 mins though.

David McGoldrick is the best Brit to have played for us is recent times and he could only muster up 1 goal.

Keep your expectations low and watch from the shadows.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:30am
This fella is no David McGoaldrought.   He's a class act and he stands up to bullies.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:59am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Doherty the new scapegoat!

I do agree that his body language sends the wrong message, he's getting on a bit, not playing for his club regularly and playing in a poor team.

I can see JOS making a lot of changes tonight, I would say most players will get a run including Azas.

Doherty has always been like that though. He is just chill to the point of looking like he doesn't care but I've seen him put in many good shifts for Wolves over the years even this season he has been very much trusted to see out games and is any vacancy at wingback left or right he plays. So he's not retired yet very unlucky Nelson Semedo and to an extent Rayan Ait-Nouri are in the forms of their lives.

Ireland just don't really play to his strengths he needs license to get in attacking positions and he doesn't have much pace so it's all about movement and being on the same wavelength as other players who can bring him into play but he is playing with worse players for the most part.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Ogbene ruled out through injury opens up an opportunity for Mikey Johnston to start
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Ogbene ruled out through injury opens up an opportunity for Mikey Johnston to start

Johnston plays best from the left. Cut inside and shoot.

Szmodics and Azaz also suit playing form the left if we do play with two behind a ST or two wide of a ST.

We could do with a left footed RW option for that side. Ogbene likes to hold his width, as does Ebosele. 

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 1:58pm
I would like to see Ebosele get a start along with O'Brien. Ideally Azaz too but atleast a significant cameo. Hodge and Moran to get some minutes too. 

We could do with a left footed RW option for that side. Ogbene likes to hold his width, as does Ebosele.

I don't think we have that sort of player in our pool at least as realistic options for the next year. But I agree.

Edited by SC92 - 26 Mar 2024 at 1:59pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 2:22pm
I'd give Festy a shot in Ogbene's position.
He looked lacklustre when he came on last day but give him a go.
Hook at HT if not happening.

Can understand if Szmodics doesn't start (lots of miles on the clock this season), so start Johnston there with Sammie on at 60.

Issue being if we go with the 5-2-3 setup, there's no space for Azaz.
But if we go behind, we could look to test out a back-four and get him in there (likely meaning no cap for Moran).

Having said all that, I see a similar lineup to Saturday starting and unlikely all three uncapped lads get a run.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 4:21pm
------------------Bazunu
--Omobamidele--Collins--O'Shea
Doherty(c)--Sykes--Knight--Manning
---Ebosele--Ferguson--Smodzics

O'Brien for Collins & Idah for Ferguson at HT

The rest of the subs on @ 65 mins
Hopefully Moran, Hodge & Azaz if they're available

Edited by tonyjaa - 26 Mar 2024 at 4:24pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 4:52pm
What TV channel is showing this  ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

What TV channel is showing this  ?

VM2
Dublingero View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dublingero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:44pm
I hope Mikey Johnson starts too  met him and Brady and Idah and John o Shea in the team hotel yesterday all sound lads no problem getting in pics with my lad he was delighted!  Hoping for a few goals tonight aswell!
2-1 win for us ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:34pm
Well, the starting lineup couldn't be any more lazy, predictable and self-serving.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:35pm
Whoโ€™s in your 11?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:37pm
Very surprised no Doc and brady and coleman again, i know Doherty not playing all that much for Wolves, but brady isnt playing much with a poor Preston! Would of liked to try O'Brien also for omobamedele, hd was poor on Saturday 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:38pm
Bazunu, Knight and Johnston in for Kelleher, Smallbone and Ogbene.

Uninspiring yet expected.

Another 0-0 I predict.

Edited by Bandwagon - 26 Mar 2024 at 6:39pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Bazunu, Knight and Johnston in for Kelleher, Smallbone and Ogbene.

Ya a bit meh. How has Jake O'Brien not got a start????? Whats the point of friendles ffs 
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic