Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=59030
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 4:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)
Posted By: Greenie50
Subject: Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:57pm
The John O'Shea era draws to a close.

What's the XI going to be?

I think there'll have to be 5-6 changes.

Bazunu will get a game.
Brady & Coleman are unlikely to be able for 2 games in 3 days, so Manning & Doherty in there.
Front 3 will probably change. Idah & Azaz in for Ferguson & Szmodics. Maybe Festy in for Ogbene, but I can see JOS keeping Ogbene & Szmodics in (though Blackburn have a big game vs Ipswich on Friday..).

Does O'Brien start? If so that's potentially 7 changes, hard to see JOS going that far, he won't want a loss on his record.

What I'd like to see:
Idah
Azaz----------Ogbene
Manning--Cullen--Smallbone--Doherty
O'Shea--O'Brien--Andy O
Bazunu

Obafemi, Moran, Festy & Johnston off the bench. Think it's unlikely Hodge gets on.

Replies:
Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:02pm
Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same starting XI again. If changes happen I think we'll only see Bazunu, Doherty, and maybe one other change happening.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:27pm
I think Bazunu or Travers starts in goal 

Jake O Brien will come in I think. 

Szmodics may start but think we'll see changes at half time 

Posted By: Greener92
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same starting XI again. If changes happen I think we'll only see Bazunu, Doherty, and maybe one other change happening.
Didn’t JOS say there would be a few changes in his post match presser? 

Bazunu 

Festy Omobamidele Collins O’Shea Manning 

Cullen Knight 

Szmodics Johnston 

Ferguson 

Posted By: razzmatazaz
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:31pm
Be ridiculous if O'Brien doesn't start. None of those three center backs have made themselves indisposable.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:43pm
Don’t be surprised to see Same starting 11. A few changes on 60 mins.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:49pm
This is the team i would like to see but wont happen. 

Bazunu 

Omobamidele Collins O’Brien 

Festy         Azaz Knight             Manning

Ogbene        Szmodics 

Fergie

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: Bukowski
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:54pm
Greener, you named 11 outfield players. 
Too many cameras for that now. 

Pretty sure Idah will start. Would like to see Azaz in place of Ogbene. 

-------------
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."

Posted By: Greener92
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Greener, you named 11 outfield players. 
Too many cameras for that now. 

Pretty sure Idah will start. Would like to see Azaz in place of Ogbene. 
LOL Whoops. Stout gone to my head 

Posted By: Tapo
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:00pm
I saw Kerr in an interview and he confirmed that there will be changes.

Posted By: Shermanator1
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:26pm
I'd not have Doherty anywhere close to the team.  He's rarely if ever impressed me in an Ireland shirt, and seems to have a questionable attitude. I'd keep the front three intact, and allow them to work on their chemistry.  Azaz and Hodge should hopefully see some time on the pitch.  I'd keep Collins and O'Shea in the back, while taking a good look at some of the other defending options we have available.  Might be time to let Travers get another game.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

I'd not have Doherty anywhere close to the team.  He's rarely if ever impressed me in an Ireland shirt, and seems to have a questionable attitude. I'd keep the front three intact, and allow them to work on their chemistry.  Azaz and Hodge should hopefully see some time on the pitch.  I'd keep Collins and O'Shea in the back, while taking a good look at some of the other defending options we have available.  Might be time to let Travers get another game.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

LOL
I don't  know if its just his demeanor or body language or what.  He appears languid and disinterested.  Not the type of player to burst a gut or have the appearance of it.  He actually might be well up for it but just appears lazy because of his body language.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:07pm
He looks like the type of guy that in 10 years time will be living on some island with long hair by the beach never having watched a game since he retired. He makes chains out of beads as a hobby. 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: ProudIrish
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:09pm
Nonsense re Doherty . Yeah he appears uninterested but that’s just his demeanour . More often than not he’s been one of the better players on pitch when he’s played for us. Great ball retention , movement 

-------------
Here we go again, we're on the road again

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Nonsense re Doherty . Yeah he appears uninterested but that’s just his demeanour . More often than not he’s been one of the better players on pitch when he’s played for us. Great ball retention , movement 

That is bollix. More often than not? Go way will ya

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 3:06am
It was great to see Szmodics do well on Saturday, I'd like him to get more game time. Azaz and O'Brien to get starts too would be ideal. 

Start Ferg and prey he gets a goal. 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

I read an interview with him and he addressed this topic with some Spurs fan. They said he seems to not run very hard or try much and Doherty said he'd be breaking his bollix. It's the body language and languid style. I like it, better then the pretend to sing the anthem kiss the badge rubbish fans love so much. 

The reason Doherty has been crap in games for Ireland is because the team is crap. 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:17am

He's lucky to still have an Ireland career based on his performances the last 12 months. Strolling around the pitch without a care in the world.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:02am

Another example of one of our better players taking pelters because they're only good rather than great.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:07am
Ogbene not in the squad tonight.

Posted By: ButtySugrue
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Ogbene not in the squad tonight.

Good. Dropped for not squaring the ball I hope

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:10am
Doherty the new scapegoat!

I do agree that his body language sends the wrong message, he's getting on a bit, not playing for his club regularly and playing in a poor team.

I can see JOS making a lot of changes tonight, I would say most players will get a run including Azas.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:22am
It's a pity that Ogbene is out, I think he is crucial to how we play against teams that are better than us (pretty much everyone).

I would like to see some new faces, but not so many that we comprise on the shape we held in the Belgium game.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Kelleher
Coleman Collins Omo O'Brien Brady (Dead)
     Azaz Cullen Smallbone Szmodics
                     Ferguson

Hodge, Moran and Ebosele on at 60 mins.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:22am
JOS's remit tonight isn't to blood players - It's to get the best result he can which means he'll likely stick to the same formation and also mostly the same players.
I've been happy to wait for the FAI to get the right new manager but this window is still an opportunity missed. We should be trying out new formations, blooding new players etc but there isn't the incentive for JOS to do that.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:28am
Yeah will stick with my Bazunu, Doherty for Coleman, and now either Johnston or Knight in for Ogbene as the only changes.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:28am
Canham was saying that the games were chosen to increase our rankings.

I think they may have known Belgium and probably the Swiss will play a weakened team increasing our chances of winning these games.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:31am
I think every friendly nowadays should be used with that goal in mind.  Wales did something similar when they were in the doldrums.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:32am
Didn't Wales just stop playing friendlies which somehow improved their rankings. Maybe Serbia too.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:33am
I think Bazunu, O'Brien, Johnston & Doherty will start tonight. Azaz has to get some game time also.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:36am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Didn't Wales just stop playing friendlies which somehow improved their rankings. Maybe Serbia too.
Yes, because of how the rankings used to be calculated that worked in their favour as old results dropped off the calculations. 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:42am
We played Wales in a friendly in 2013 and then again in March 2017. In that time frame, we played 12 more games than them, bearing in mind they made the semi-final of the Euros.  Very rightly used the ranking system well.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Godzilla
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:56am
Ferguson

Azaz--------------Knight

Doherty-------Cullen-----Smallbone------Ebosele

O'Shea-------Collins-------O'Brien

Bazunu

I think he should start both Azaz and O'Brien. Have a proper look at them both. Szmodics has a game with Blackburn on Friday night, so maybe it'd be best to only give him 30-35 minutes in the 2nd half.

I'd start Ferguson again. It's in our best interest that he ends this international window with a goal.

Hopefully Hodge makes his debut at some stage in the 2nd half.

Posted By: Pinginí
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:58am
Moran and Hodge named in a 26 man squad for tonight anyhow, with Ogbene headed back to Luton injured. Be nice to see Hodge get a run in a position we are absolutely desperate to fill.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:09am
We should really be trialing 4 at the back and looking at other options in midfield - Maybe a diamond with the likes of Johnson and maybe Azaz out wide or possible 4-2-3-1. But unlikely that this happens.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

We should really be trialing 4 at the back and looking at other options in midfield - Maybe a diamond with the likes of Johnson and maybe Azaz out wide or possible 4-2-3-1. But unlikely that this happens.

I don't mind three at the back. We have 6-7 good CB options and most of our FB options are more comfortable at wing back. Manning, Brady, O'Dowda, Doherty and Ebosele. Even Ogbene.

Johnston is unlucky that he doesn't really fit. Unless we play 3-4-3 vs weaker opposition.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:15am
I'd like to see Szmodics as a number 10 tonight rather than being on the left of a 3. It may very well end up as he being our main man for goals rather than Ferguson over the next 5 yrs.  Be interesting how this plays out.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd like to see Szmodics as a number 10 tonight rather than being on the left of a 3. It may very well end up as he being our main man for goals rather than Ferguson over the next 5 yrs.  Be interesting how this plays out.

Sammie Szmodics will go his entire Éire career without scoring like other former greats such as Anthony Stokes, Caleb Folan, Leon Best and Conor Sammon.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Sammie Szmodics will go his entire Éire career without scoring like other former greats such as Anthony Stokes, Caleb Folan, Leon Best and Conor Sammon.

No chance.  He'll score a good few goals.  If he plays tonight and is given 90 mins I'd back him to score.  He'll probably only get 30 mins though.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:27am

No chance.  He'll score a good few goals.  If he plays tonight and is given 90 mins I'd back him to score.  He'll probably only get 30 mins though.

David McGoldrick is the best Brit to have played for us is recent times and he could only muster up 1 goal.

Keep your expectations low and watch from the shadows.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:30am
This fella is no David McGoaldrought.   He's a class act and he stands up to bullies.

-------------

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:59am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Doherty the new scapegoat!

I do agree that his body language sends the wrong message, he's getting on a bit, not playing for his club regularly and playing in a poor team.

I can see JOS making a lot of changes tonight, I would say most players will get a run including Azas.

Doherty has always been like that though. He is just chill to the point of looking like he doesn't care but I've seen him put in many good shifts for Wolves over the years even this season he has been very much trusted to see out games and is any vacancy at wingback left or right he plays. So he's not retired yet very unlucky Nelson Semedo and to an extent Rayan Ait-Nouri are in the forms of their lives.

Ireland just don't really play to his strengths he needs license to get in attacking positions and he doesn't have much pace so it's all about movement and being on the same wavelength as other players who can bring him into play but he is playing with worse players for the most part.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Ogbene ruled out through injury opens up an opportunity for Mikey Johnston to start

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Ogbene ruled out through injury opens up an opportunity for Mikey Johnston to start

Johnston plays best from the left. Cut inside and shoot.

Szmodics and Azaz also suit playing form the left if we do play with two behind a ST or two wide of a ST.

We could do with a left footed RW option for that side. Ogbene likes to hold his width, as does Ebosele. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 1:58pm
I would like to see Ebosele get a start along with O'Brien. Ideally Azaz too but atleast a significant cameo. Hodge and Moran to get some minutes too. 

We could do with a left footed RW option for that side. Ogbene likes to hold his width, as does Ebosele.

I don't think we have that sort of player in our pool at least as realistic options for the next year. But I agree.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 2:22pm
I'd give Festy a shot in Ogbene's position.
He looked lacklustre when he came on last day but give him a go.
Hook at HT if not happening.

Can understand if Szmodics doesn't start (lots of miles on the clock this season), so start Johnston there with Sammie on at 60.

Issue being if we go with the 5-2-3 setup, there's no space for Azaz.
But if we go behind, we could look to test out a back-four and get him in there (likely meaning no cap for Moran).

Having said all that, I see a similar lineup to Saturday starting and unlikely all three uncapped lads get a run.

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 4:21pm
------------------Bazunu
--Omobamidele--Collins--O'Shea
Doherty(c)--Sykes--Knight--Manning
---Ebosele--Ferguson--Smodzics

O'Brien for Collins & Idah for Ferguson at HT

The rest of the subs on @ 65 mins
Hopefully Moran, Hodge & Azaz if they're available

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 4:52pm
What TV channel is showing this  ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

What TV channel is showing this  ?

VM2

Posted By: Dublingero
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:44pm
I hope Mikey Johnson starts too  met him and Brady and Idah and John o Shea in the team hotel yesterday all sound lads no problem getting in pics with my lad he was delighted!  Hoping for a few goals tonight aswell!
2-1 win for us 🙏🙏🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:34pm
Well, the starting lineup couldn't be any more lazy, predictable and self-serving.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:35pm
Who’s in your 11?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:37pm
Very surprised no Doc and brady and coleman again, i know Doherty not playing all that much for Wolves, but brady isnt playing much with a poor Preston! Would of liked to try O'Brien also for omobamedele, hd was poor on Saturday 

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:38pm
Bazunu, Knight and Johnston in for Kelleher, Smallbone and Ogbene.

Uninspiring yet expected.

Another 0-0 I predict.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Ya a bit meh. How has Jake O'Brien not got a start????? Whats the point of friendles ffs 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Who’s in your 11?
O'Brien and one of Manning or Ebosele at a minimum. Azaz or Moran should be getting a minimum of a half as well. I suspect we'll see the first substitutions at the 70 minute mark - same as under Stephen Kenny. Reactive rather than proactive.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya a bit meh. How has Jake O'Brien not got a start????? Whats the point of friendles ffs 

Make no mistake O’Shea sees this as his audition for the job! An absolute shambles if we are being honest.

These March friendlies should be all about giving players an opportunity.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:42pm

O'Shea probably: "Shur he plays for Lens he does. Needs to be movin to Everton this summer. Can't be arsed watching that French sh*te".

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:42pm
I definitely don't want JO'S to get the permanent role anytime soon if old men Coleman and Brady are undisputed starting wingbacks. Dead it's a position where legs are kind of necessary! Not saying they can't do a job like vs Belgium but we will screw ourselves over if we don't look for alternatives.

Would take givingg O'Brien a chance over any of our struggling PL CBs who are shipping goals every week but nope outside of England doesn't count.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Make no mistake O’Shea sees this as his audition for the job! An absolute shambles if we are being honest.

These March friendlies should be all about giving players an opportunity.

Same old same old. No attempt really to address midfield either. Very disappointing all round.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:51pm
He clearly thinks if he wins tonight he has a good chance of the job. He shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Comical.

It's not a qualifier. Give lads a game.

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:52pm
Lads we had it very good with SK. Lots of changes and he often pretty much picked the team most of us here would like to have played. 

Unlikely to get this level of change with any new manager and there is good reason for it 

Posted By: Bukowski
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:00pm
Have some cop on Razz. Using a paddy Oirishman accent to lash out at O’Shea. 
This place needs to calm down. If he made 11 changes some of you’d be criticising him for not maintaining stability. 
O’Brien will probably get the second half.

-------------
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:01pm
Only 5 subs allowed still?

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:02pm
John is treating this like a qualifier so he’s thinking he might have a chance for the permanent role 

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:04pm
As another poster mentioned… self serving line up. Disappointing.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:19pm
A line up that can beat this Swiss team, you play football to win, what’s wrong with that?

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:21pm
I think we’d all do the same if given the chance. It’s difficult because unless he has been categorically told the job won’t be his, he has everything to lose by experimenting (and really for the benefit of the punters).

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:24pm
Someone said earlier, that Canham mentioned picking these friendlies to pick up ranking points. Maybe JOS is under instruction to get results, rather than trying lads out.
No doubt, he knows it'll do his own future chances of work with Ireland or getting another job no harm to get a result too.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:28pm
Very quiet on the way in. Hope it's not a very poor crowd 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:32pm
On the plus side, I've added around 60% more layers and it's also 30% less cold so that's a great swing 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:39pm
Coleman and Brady starting two friendlies back-to-back at this stage of their careers is just foolish.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:49pm

Fans turning their backs on OShea already?

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 7:55pm
Coleman very poor.

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:07pm
We struggling here

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:09pm
Peak Bazunu.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:11pm
That wall looked badly set up. Again our non existent midfield is a problem. Why cant we get near these

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: CSCD
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:16pm
A scumbag dive to win that free kick on the edge of the box in the first place 

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:17pm
One thing that has continued on from Kenny era is the pedestrian build up play. The lack urgency and pace to proceedings going forward. Jaysus

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:19pm
Ferguson about 10 yard deeper than he should be because we haven’t a single midfielder capable of winning the ball back.

Coleman has been shocking.

Moronic defying from O'Shea to give away the FK.

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

One thing that has continued on from Kenny era is the pedestrian build up play. The lack urgency and pace to proceedings going forward. Jaysus

Exactly. All so slow. The fooking throw ins drive me wild with rage. Pretty dreadful so far.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Ferguson about 10 yard deeper than he should be because we haven’t a single midfielder capable of winning the ball back.
Our best passages of play have all been borne out of Swiss mistakes and hospital passes. We don't have a hope of creating anything on our own merits. Coleman has been shocking BTW. 

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:20pm
We are such a different team without Ogbene. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:21pm
Shape of the team needs changing, wing-backs with no pace is rarely a good idea.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Shape of the team needs changing, wing-backs with no pace is rarely a good idea.

It's painful to watch.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:26pm
If we dont see a few changes at half time this interim crowd can fook off.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:27pm
In game management....

Not enough Bielsa type managers. See obvious problems? Then fooking change it.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:31pm
Josh Cullen hide and seek champion

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

A scumbag dive to win that free kick on the edge of the box in the first place 

It’s a free all day long. Poor defending by O’ Shea. 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:32pm
That was some free kick routine there ffs

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:32pm
Coleman and Brady are miles and miles past it.

Posted By: rebelbrowser
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Coleman and Brady are miles and miles past it.

Certainly to play twice in 3 days

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:33pm

That was some free kick routine there ffs

Embarrassing. Saved by the HT whistle

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Spot-on. Have improved a little as the half has gone on though. Pretty dour fare overall. 

As an aside, that TV3 commentator and Gary Breen are fair f**king annoying. Their anti-Bazunu/pro-Kelleher agenda is ridiculous. 

-------------

Posted By: Sham96
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:35pm
Get Johnson off. Horrendous first touch and has been zero help to Ferguson.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Josh Cullen hide and seek champion
With hide and seek runner up Will Smallbone the best of our midfield options on the bench. 

Posted By: rebelbrowser
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm
Given winning this match could have gotten JOS the job, surprised he went with Bazunu and Ferguson when they aren't the form players. Ferguson with confidence would have run through on goal from that backpass. We need him to get back to form big time.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Get Johnson off. Horrendous first touch and has been zero help to Ferguson.
Evan’s lumbering a bit himself. We need to get more bodies in the middle. 4-5-1

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:39pm
Don't like the shape. Don't like the approach. Didn't want the ball for 20 minutes. Need to show a bit more second half 

-------------

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:42pm
Formation is not working although our pressing has been pretty good. Not enough players in the team with real quality and not enough guys with real physicality. We kind of just fall in the middle and it's all a bit blah.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net