Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:53am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

By no means 100% but in general UEFA assign the end on the left looking from the main stand to the "home" fans.  Turkey are the "home" side v Playoff and v Portugal meaning they should get the yellow wall end.  If it works out that way it will be some sight. I'm also going to both games in Dortmund.

Demand for tickets this time appears to be insane.  All games sold yesterday unlike say France where quite a few games were always on sale in the higher categories.  I'm shocked that 400 euro tickets for Slovakia v Playoff Winner sold so easily.  

There will be other chances but so far every ticket offered to the general public is being snapped up.  

Its likely as every ***t thinks they are some entrepreneur by buying  tickets for things they have no intention of going to and flog them to secondhand /people desparate for tickets 

same with concert tickets 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 11:30am
There is a massive increase in the interest in attending live football in the last 5 years and as NR says above, clowns buying them to make a few quid means that it has become very hard to get tickets for major tournaments. 

I'm planning going to three games in America for the next world cup and already starring to think I may have to stump up ridiculous money for hospitality if I want to get tickets 
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:17pm
It took over 2 hours to get into the portal and only tickets left were expensive. 160 was the cheapest and others were 400. I wouldn't pay that kind of money as a neutral for one match. Any of the cheaper tickets must have sold out when they originally went on sale late last year.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

It took over 2 hours to get into the portal and only tickets left were expensive. 160 was the cheapest and others were 400. I wouldn't pay that kind of money as a neutral for one match. Any of the cheaper tickets must have sold out when they originally went on sale late last year.
I was lucky I got in at 10am in less than ten minutes and picked up 80e tickets for 3 2nd round games. Wanted two quarter finals ones but the cheapest I could get was 200 in one and 350 in the other so left it
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 7:25pm
Definitely you are correct re professional and amateur touts snapping up stuff.  Really hate these bottom feeders.

Demand has still gone way up.  Too late for this tournament but if planning for 2026 apply as early as possible and try to get as many friends and family to apply on your behalf.  
djherb543 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djherb543 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:20pm
Was in the queue at 9:15 and had prepared myself in the best way possible waiting patiently for just under 3hrs and by the time I finally got out there was nothing left, I couldn’t even add the prime tickets for any game to my cart. Was unsuccessful in the two previous ballots and was looking for one Scotland ticket as I have been following them very closely over the campaign. I know that there will be another window later on but I can’t escape that this seems to have been a huge missed opportunity.

My experience is that this is more down to pure luck rather than ‘first come first served’ as I was led to believe. I will keep trying until the bitter end, any tips from experienced campaigners for future windows would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by djherb543 - 15 Mar 2024 at 9:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic