You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO SByrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Irish2011, you were spamming the darts thread last week and I wouldn't advocate banning you. I actually find this harsh on Topper.
As much as Byrner irritates me, I prefer him to Irish 2011.
You wont be seeing me on here over the weekends mate so don't know how I could annoy you so much.
You constantly posted BS in the darts thread during the original World Darts Championship. In fact almost every post I've read from you has been garbage. 
Original darts championship? Give me a break. Lakeside is a busted flush and it's great. Darts would be a dead sport now only for the 14 players who risked their careers. The BDO deserve everything they get.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:37pm
There's worse spammers on here than Byrner
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:37pm
#UnbanSByrne2017 is trending on twitter. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:48pm
He would have been banned from most other forums before now but there are plenty of other posters who should also get a few weeks leave.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:50pm

Irish2011, you were spamming the darts thread last week and I wouldn't advocate banning you. I actually find this harsh on Topper.
You wont be seeing me on here over the weekends mate so don't know how I could annoy you so much.
You constantly posted BS in the darts thread during the original World Darts Championship. In fact almost every post I've read from you has been garbage. 
Original darts championship? Give me a break. Lakeside is a busted flush and it's great. Darts would be a dead sport now only for the 14 players who risked their careers. The BDO deserve everything they get.
Yes, the BDO version is the original World darts Championship. I thought a darts aficionado like yourself would know that.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

He would have been banned from most other forums before now but there are plenty of other posters who should also get a few weeks leave.
We should make a list. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm

Yes, the BDO version is the original World darts Championship. I thought a darts aficionado like yourself would know that.
It's a amateur world championship these days.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

We should make a list. 
I love a good list.ClapClap

Irish 2011, we get you don't like the BDO, fair enough. I don't like modern football and the EPL and mention it too, what I don't get is the vitriol. The PDC have essentially won and your posts suggest a bitterness beyond a darts fan who doesn't like one of the organisations. In fairness to ya, you have me fascinated as to why!
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 4:24pm
Very harsh let him back he's often quite funny! As others have said on here there's plenty of other posters who could do with a holiday!!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 20 Jan 2017 at 4:24pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 5:21pm

@Frankos & PM

What's the difference between when the UFC thread gets spammed than when Irish2011 spammed the Darts thread?
I think if you don't like the Sport you should stay the hell out the thread associated with it until (Same goes for Irish2011 and BDO) so if you're suggesting Irish2011 gets banned for his antics then the people who try and be funny in the UFC thread deserve the same punishment.

Personally I think it's a bit sad, let people discuss the Sports they enjoy without being called a sad bastard for watching x sport.

Edited by coyne - 20 Jan 2017 at 5:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

@Frankos & PM

What's the difference between when the UFC thread gets spammed than when Irish2011 spammed the Darts thread?
I think if you don't like the Sport you should stay the hell out the thread associated with it until (Same goes for Irish2011 and BDO) so if you're suggesting Irish2011 gets banned for his antics then the people who try and be funny in the UFC thread deserve the same punishment.

Personally I think it's a bit sad, let people discuss the Sports they enjoy without being called a sad bastard for watching x sport.
I never said there was one, my debate with Irish2011 was over this post;
"If this lad gets banned, what about Sid Waddell? Surely deserves the same treatment."

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in him pointing out hypocrisy! In all honesty I am just fascinated by his vitriol towards it, I occasionally visit tsod forum, a darts forum, and there isn't that much hatred between the two organisations on there, why does he hate it so much? It gets boring and repetitive but he can knock himself out, I will point it out though and I will definitely continue to ask why!It just seems irrational to hate the BDO so much.

I fully admit going on the chip shop fighting thread on a couple of occasions to go fishing and getting a battered cod or two, usually because it is easy to get a bite.

Edited by pre Madonna - 20 Jan 2017 at 6:27pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

For what though? He's only being annoying.

Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you should ban him, even if it is some low level trolling.

Trolling isn't allowed, whatever the level. This forum is very tolerant of trolling as it is, takes a lot to get banned. And he's more than annoying, he's a blatant troll. 
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

For what though? He's only being annoying.

Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you should ban him, even if it is some low level trolling.

Trolling isn't allowed, whatever the level. This forum is very tolerant of trolling as it is, takes a lot to get banned. And he's more than annoying, he's a blatant troll. 

What about constant spamming?

"The to be sacked threads x30" , stupid over used puns on the Sammon and Towell threads, popping up constantly with utter idiot comments just be seen on a thread etc. 

Its a joke how some of the established posters can make a mockery of a good debate on certain topics, yet just because 4 or 5 posters have it in for him and who pick on him constantly are allowed to do so? 

Bringing up his personal life in the process.

Aye, it's easy to ban the guy barely anyone knows but not the bloke most know.

For every GAA or Trump thread, what about the mature points he makes in the Scott Hogan, Bayern Munich, NFL, Holiday Destination threads etc.

Its becoming a joke on here.

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Jan 2017 at 7:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Would it be a funny joke, in your opinion ?

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Would it be a funny joke, in your opinion ?

No, it would be an overused old joke that everyone heard before Cry
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:36pm
I have seen on numerous times when Byrner posts about the subject in question and it is followed by abuse by other posters that has nothing to do with the thread.

I can ignore posters that throw out abuse at me (because I know how much it mentally damages them), why can people not Just ignore posts that they disagree with?

It is the responders that are derailing the thread
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm
Why don't people actually read. He's banned from the Whatever section. He can post all he wants elsewhere.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:07pm
I'll throw in my 2 cents worth GD, seeing as you seem to be a bit preturbed by this banning (Upset probably too strong a word). Firstly, humour is subjective, as is an individuals tolerance of what they perceive to be trolling. 

So while you find TJ's posts annoying, I find them harmless enough. Some on here, perhaps yerself included to a small degree, seem to take football incredibly seriously, and get annoyed by anything at all that takes away from football discussion, whether that be puns, or the thread on a particular player or subject heading off on a tangent. 

I can never get over the utter earnestness and seriousness of most who post in the never ending eligibility thread for example, given that 90% of the fellas named in it won't likely ever get in a squad.  Or lads who will get in an argument over whether Shane Long deserved a 6 or a 7 out of 10 in a league cup game. Or lads who are so utterly certain of their own opinion that what they unintentionally do is make it clear they don't have much of a clue at all, plus give away the fact that they are relatively young lads. Relative to me anyway........

Someone like TJ throwing in an odd pun or PM throwing out a smart comment on a post, in a sea of ''Is Callum Robinson Irish'' ''Will Scott Hogan declare for us'' ''Call up fella who got an assist last week'' posts probably adds a small bit of craic for some people (I'll include meself here) that don't think football is the most important thing in the world (Hurling clearly is, if yer asking) and doesn't necessarily take away from the thread. 

Likewise, SB's posts can be annoying for some, but a lot of that has to do with the repeated proliferation of them, there are lads on here who would be more knowledgeable about politics than me, I like reading the likes of H2H, PM, Hetfield, Sid, Muff to name a few, who are well able to hold a discussion or a point. When that conversation gets repeatedly trolled by SB plainly attention seeking & fishing every few minutes, it becomes impossible to read. 

He isn't any good at backing up any of his assertions either, ask him a few detailed questions and he runs away. I asked him the same question I think 11 times last year in a Middle East thread, it had a yes or no answer, and I'm still waiting on it. That is, by definition, a troll. His ongoing rubbish in the GAA football thread is a disgrace, especially as there are, or were some good posters in there who don't spout biased rubbish about their own county in every single post. 

His blatant trolling of the Daryl Horgan thread is another one, just to annoy the plenty of LOI fans here. SB clearly knows a bit about football, he had O'Dowda's potential spotted a long time before anyone else here, so if he can see that, he can surely see, with him being on TV half the year, that Horgan too is a player of great potential. But instead, he takes the other route seeking to knock a fella most of us would like to see do well, bigging up the Championship, which might have 5 good teams at a push & doubting Horgan's ability to make the cut there, as if Horgan should be terrified of Rotherham & Blackburn. 

I do get your point though, but in all probability, he wouldn't be banned at all if he were to keep some kind of quota on how many threads he posts on, there are other blatant trolls here too, but they get away with it simply for the reason they don't post as often. Javier stopped being funny around his 6th post, while if Planning were ever to embark on an SB-like monopoly of all threads, he wouldn't last an hour. 

For the record, I voted 'don't care' as regards whether he comes back or not, if he comes back, so be it, but he is certainly no loss. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic