You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Taylor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

I read the other day that she is disappointed at the lack of oppurtunity since the Olympics and considering turning pro.
Shes not the worst looking gurl in the world. If she is patient I am sure someone will bring her on a date.

LOLLOL

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 6:32pm
Rematch of Olympic gold medal final tmw

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 11:16pm
Talking to her todayWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 8:17pm

I read the other day that she is disappointed at the lack of oppurtunity since the Olympics and considering turning pro.

Shes not the worst looking gurl in the world. If she is patient I am sure someone will bring her on a date.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 7:59pm

I'd ride her........ But then again, there's very few females that I wouldn't
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 7:18pm

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Think gd may have cast a rod out here?

Can't beat a bit of fishing on a Saturday afternoon Wink
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 12:11pm
Think gd may have cast a rod out here?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Very disappointed at her comments in one of the rags the other day, she basically said that Ireland's football team are mediocre Thumbs DownThumbs Down 

She has won an Olympic gold medal, 4 world titles, 5 European titles and 5 EU titles. She has been voted World's best female boxer of the year twice. She has dominated her sport for the past 7 or 8 years and has been ranked World no. 1 for most of that time.

The Irish football have never won a major championship. They have only qualified for one European Chapionship and two World Cups in the past 20 years. They haven't got past the second round in any of those appearances. In those 3 tournaments they won 2 out of 11 games. Ireland are not ranked in the top 50 in the Workd rankings.

Now how on earth could KT, of anyone, view them as anything other than mediocre???

+1 

It's been said on here before the level of expectation of the team by some fans is ridiculous.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 12:01pm
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Very disappointed at her comments in one of the rags the other day, she basically said that Ireland's football team are mediocre Thumbs DownThumbs Down 

She has won an Olympic gold medal, 4 world titles, 5 European titles and 5 EU titles. She has been voted World's best female boxer of the year twice. She has dominated her sport for the past 7 or 8 years and has been ranked World no. 1 for most of that time.

The Irish football have never won a major championship. They have only qualified for one European Chapionship and two World Cups in the past 20 years. They haven't got past the second round in any of those appearances. In those 3 tournaments they won 2 out of 11 games. Ireland are not ranked in the top 50 in the Workd rankings.

Now how on earth could KT, of anyone, view them as anything other than mediocre???
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Agree 100% GD.  Given recent performances we're much worse than mediocre.

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 11:11am
Agree 100% GD.  Given recent performances we're much worse than mediocre.
@AntrimMan85
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 10:58am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 7:57am

Katie Taylor Ireland ambassador for Sky Sports Living for Sport

Last Updated: May 21, 2013 7:14am

• Share:

Olympic gold medalist Katie Taylor has become a Sky Sports Living for Sport Ambassador as the initiative launches in Ireland.

Taylor, who won the women's lightweight division at London 2012, will team up with fellow ambassadors Jessica Ennis, David Beckham and Darren Campbell to champion the scheme, which aims to improve the lives of young people.

"I know that sport really can make a difference and if I can use my experience to help young people in schools across Ireland to believe in sport and in themselves, then I'll be thrilled."
Katie Taylor

Sky Sports Living for Sport - a free initiative run in partnership with Youth Sport Trust - currently reaches over 30,000 students in a third of all secondary schools in the UK.

Sky Ireland is looking to encourage thousands of young people across a third of second level schools in Ireland to take part within the next three years.

"I am really looking forward to being part of Sky Sports Living for Sport," said Taylor, who hopes to inspire more students to become more engaged, learn team work and new skills and achieve more at school.

"I know that sport really can make a difference and if I can use my experience to help young people in schools across Ireland to believe in sport and in themselves, then I'll be thrilled.

"I've worked with Sky before and it's great to see them helping to improve the lives of young people in Ireland. I really hope lots of schools across the country will sign up and get involved."

After a successful pilot programme with eight Dublin schools and building on the success of Sky Sports Living for Sport in the UK, the initiative will now be rolled out nationwide in partnership with Irish schools.

St. Peter's College, Dunboyne, Co. Meath is one of nine Dublin schools that participated in the pilot programme. Principal Eamonn Gaffney said: "Our staff could see the positive impact of the programme on students enthusiasm for school.

"There was a tangible improvement in the self-esteem of many of the students. The Mentor visits were both inspiring for the students and helpful for the teachers in shaping the Sky Sports Living for Sport project".

Commenting on the launch, JD Buckley, MD, Sky Ireland added, "We are delighted to launch Sky Sports Living for Sport today in Ireland. This launch offers another clear signal of Sky Ireland's commitment to the market.

"It is important that we continue to play a positive part in communities across the country and, through the power of sport and leading sports professional, such as Katie Taylor, we look forward to helping students in secondary schools throughout Ireland improve their lives."

Founded in the UK by Sky in partnership with the Youth Sport Trust (YST), Sky Sports Living for Sport uses sports stars and sports skills to improve the lives of thousands of young people aged 11-16 each year, in partnership with secondary schools.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 21 May 2013 at 7:58am
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

One of the few that are still around that are in it for the love of the game and not the €€€€

LegendClap

As she said herself, some of the lads worked out that they will make more money with the sports grants than as a pro.

40K+ a year in grants, the lads involved in that world series of boxing will be getting a good payout out of it as well, car paid for etc.... then look at lads turning pro who have to sell so many of tickets themselves to make any kind of profit and shell out for their own medical expense's. Is worth just staying amateur unless you are certain you are gonna be involved at a high level in the pro ranks 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 11:35am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Prob right decision... she prob wouldn't cut it pro anyways...different  level to what she is used to.
She is too old to turn Pro now. Too many amateur bad habits...

That's pony,plenty of boxers have had 100+ amateur fights and gone on to win world titles,the lad who beat Willie Casey being one(can't spell his name )
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

good to hear, thats should be two golds pretty much assured for Rio, Katie and Rory!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic