Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=38697
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 2:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Katie Taylor
Posted By: brianie
Subject: Katie Taylor
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:27pm
Soon to be Irelands Greatest Ever Sports Person, Good Luck Tomorrow KThumbs UpClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Replies:
Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:28pm
Thumbs Up Fact ..! and a nailed on GOLD medal for olympics.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: weelout
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:30pm
is this on tv tomorrow nite

-------------
ah sure it wil b grand in d mornin

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:30pm
sorry mornin!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by weelout weelout wrote:

sorry mornin!LOL

8.00 AM RTE 1Thumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: Justice 2012
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:34pm
Met here last xmas while shopping. Lovely girl. Delighted real genuine

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by weelout weelout wrote:

sorry mornin!LOL

8.00 AM RTE 1Thumbs Up
cheers bed early tonite

-------------

Posted By: c90
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:42pm
ye would too !Wink

-------------
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:39pm
Had the fight recorded this morning, the Tajik wasnt in the same league. A lot of pressure on her shoulders though, the onl thing that will beat her in August.

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:44pm
None of them in the same league , this girl is a superstar at whatever she does...pro footballer? boxer,,,,Gold medalist ?no pressure no contest NAP NAP NAP NAP

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:53pm
G'wan Katie

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:11pm
I'd have Sonia O'Sullivan and Katie Taylor at the top of Ireland's greatest ever sports stars tbh!

Delighted for Katie and it was a joy to see her shed tears of happiness the other day expressing how much it meant to her Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: hoobedoo
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:12pm
3/10 on pp for the gold.  fair play to you girl.

-------------
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />

Posted By: Gino Ginelli
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:14pm
Great performance by Katie.

No guarantees when it comes to the Olympics though

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:38am
cagey opening from Katie

Posted By: shoveonyournicks
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:43am
4 -4 at the minute!!! Her left hand is very low but jabbing well

Posted By: shoveonyournicks
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:48am
All over 11 - 7Clap G' Wan Katie!!!!

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:49am
4 time world champ Clap

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:05am

Fair play. 4 worlds golds in a row is unbelivable. And shes only in here prime now too Ouch Thumbs Up

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:15am
Delighted for Taylor, well done. She is absolutely superb Clap

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:16am
Crazy achievement for a 25 year old. Well done Katie

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:17am
katie taylorClap hope she goes on now to win the gold at the olmypics she deserves it

-------------

Posted By: Peter J. Russellroff
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:42am
Will the Leinster team get the same love for hopefully becoming the greatest club rugby side in history today?  Doubtful. Snobbery at its best on here

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Will the Leinster team get the same love for hopefully becoming the greatest club rugby side in history today?  Doubtful. Snobbery at its best on here

I will be celebrating if Leinster win. I am not a massive fan of club rugby. I wish well for the Irish provinces and then obviously since I am from Leinster, they are who I will be cheering for today. But wouldn't be too disapointed if they lost either.

But I think the reason so many people are posting positive feedback is Katie Taylor has continued to be the best in the business at her sport and weight. She is arguably the P4P Women's number 1. If she was a bloke she would be on the Pacquiao level. It's a marvelous achievement.

It will also be a marvelous achievement if Leinster become European champions again. But people on here obviously feel in competition with Rugby supporters so that is why there is that bit of bitterness.
But it would work the other way I am sure there are probably Rugby forums where they downplay Irish football and maybe even our qualification for the Euro's.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:56am
Magnificent human being

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: elroy45
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:18am

Yawn.  First of all, greatest club rugby side in history!?  laughable.  Are they even the best in Europe (Of course Europe in rugby means Ireland, UK, France and Italy) 

Am indifferent to who wins today with perhaps a slight preference for the underdog.  If Leinster win, they will get as much love as the blue magic brethren on leinsterrugby gave us when we qualified for the Euros.

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:21am
Fair play Katie.  Really hope she can deliver in the Olympics - she really seems to be head and shoulders above the rest in her class.  Is it not a bit odd that the WC were on so close to the Olympics?

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I will be celebrating if Leinster win. I am not a massive fan of club rugby. I wish well for the Irish provinces and then obviously since I am from Leinster, they are who I will be cheering for today. But wouldn't be too disapointed if they lost either.

But I think the reason so many people are posting positive feedback is Katie Taylor has continued to be the best in the business at her sport and weight. She is arguably the P4P Women's number 1. If she was a bloke she would be on the Pacquiao level. It's a marvelous achievement.

It will also be a marvelous achievement if Leinster become European champions again. But people on here obviously feel in competition with Rugby supporters so that is why there is that bit of bitterness.
But it would work the other way I am sure there are probably Rugby forums where they downplay Irish football and maybe even our qualification for the Euro's.

Very good response t_rAndy. Well thought out not like gobsh*tes like QMan who come out with crap

-------------

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:24pm
Why f*ck are you at bringing the egg chasers into a thread about Katie Taylor?? Keep that sh*t for rugby threads.
Fair play to Katie, hopefully she does well at the Olympics now.

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 9:02am
Really nice person, a joy to talk to, and down to earth. well done Katie..........................and of course she supports Leeds Smile

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:45pm
She's arriving back in Dublin airport at 18:30 this evening I hope there's a big crowd there to welcome and congratulate her Thumbs Up This is some achievement Clap

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:16pm
At her young age she must be in the bracket of 1 of Irelands all time sporting greats, superb achievements to date with the promise of more to come.
Katie Taylor ClapClapClap

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

Really nice person, a joy to talk to, and down to earth. well done Katie..........................and of course she supports Leeds Smile

does she really???

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: damo21
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Fair play to her , it's take some dedication to acheive what she has so far , hope she gets the gold in London and then the Freedom of Bray.

-------------
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:26pm
Sorry folks..........I think she's brilliant and all that, but greatest ever Sports person?  No way.

She has little/no competition in womens' boxing, that's not sexist it's fact.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Sorry folks..........I think she's brilliant and all that, but greatest ever Sports person?  No way.

She has little/no competition in womens' boxing, that's not sexist it's fact.

Disagree dont think you realise just how good this girl is, And the opposition is very good!

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:28am
would be one of the worlds most famous atheletes if she was a man, good Wicklow woman tooThumbs Up

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

does she really???
Yep Tongue Tongue Tongue

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
Might as well get this thread up and running againThumbs UpThumbs Up Soon to be annointed as Irelands Greatest ever Sports Person in terms of achievementsClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:14pm
what time is she fightin, and where is it on in bray might head down there to watch it

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

what time is she fightin, and where is it on in bray might head down there to watch it

Not sure of the time Gavin, Monday first fightThumbs UpBig Screen on the Seafront opposite the Martello

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 10:14pm
cheers might go to the martello and get some grub

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 10:36pm
Fighting on Monady at 2.30.

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm
the wicklow lad in our squad deserves a punch or 2 off katie!!!

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 11:18pm
Jesus christ will you just fcuk off even in an non football thread you have to bring your problems into it Clown

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 11:23pm
how is that im still talking about boxing here

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:32am
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

you ve gone beyond the father stone of boredom scale with your repetitive sh*te. if only one or two of the mods didnt find you personally amusing (which is why you re still on the forum) and actually banned you for the for the sake of the forum, we d be better off.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:30am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

you ve gone beyond the father stone of boredom scale with your repetitive sh*te. if only one or two of the mods didnt find you personally amusing (which is why you re still on the forum) and actually banned you for the for the sake of the forum, we d be better off.

He reminds me more of Fr Purcell

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 9:30am
He reminds me of Warren out of There's something about Mary.

However I fell that's a bit disrespectful to Warren.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:22pm
Bray is buzzing in anticipation for our Golden GirlClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He reminds me of Warren out of There's something about Mary.

However I fell that's a bit disrespectful to Warren.

LOL

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 9:52pm
I heard earlier that Katie Taylors father\coach are concerned about getting past this British girl considering how the judging the fights and considering nearly all the British fighters are going through.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I heard earlier that Katie Taylors father\coach are concerned about getting past this British girl considering how the judging the fights and considering nearly all the British fighters are going through.

Still think there will be as many if not more Irish at it so personally dont think that will come into it. Also, she still has to beat Queen Underwood.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 10:14pm
Don't think it will come into either. There'd be just as big a rucktion if it were to happen to Katie as were it to happen to a Brit IMO

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:53am
What is the fight on between this UK girl and Queen Underwood?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 11:35pm
Bray is a buzzing, Cmon KatieClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 11:40pm

Bray is a buzzing, Cmon KatieClap

planning on making the short hop up on monday and dipping into the porterhouse afterwards, should be cracking

Posted By: ProfesserGreenPaul
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
Some Katie Taylor jokes I heard over weekend

What do Katie Taylor and Harold Shipman both have in common?
They both have a lethal jabClap

I heard Katie Taylor' fists are so dangerous that it is actually illegal for her to be a lesbianShocked

-------------
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:29pm
KatieTaylor, Our Greatest ever AthleteClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:52pm

KatieTaylor, Our Greatest ever AthleteClap

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:14am
From the Guardian (Esther Addely) ; 

In the blue corner, the former British and European champion from Liverpool: Natasha Jonas. In the red corner, the five-time European champion, four-time world champion from Bray, near Dublin: Katie Taylor.

In the audience, a few thousand giddily cheerful fans, waving union flags in the way Britons have suddenly lost their self-consciousness in doing, alongside many more entirely unrestrained Irish supporters, flapping tricolours and bellowing with no self-consciousness whatsoever. The green corner, if you will.

Excel's South Arena 2 may have witnessed a small piece of history on Sunday, when the first ever  http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/boxing" rel="nofollow - boxing  bout between two women was staged as part of the Olympics, but a day later it was host to another striking novelty – the first time in the London Games in which a British competitor has been out-cheered by her rival's supporters.

It was no reflection on Jonas, who is an impressive boxer and seems a thoroughly charming person; she had been roared to the rafters, in the now-traditional Team GB fashion, during her first 60kg bout on Sunday against the American Quanitta Underwood, crediting the crowd's support for a "second wind" that carried her to a comfortable win.

But Taylor is a phenomenon, a slight and softly spoken woman 1.65 metres tall (5ft 5in) who, once in gloves and a mouthguard, turns into a fighter of stunning ferocity and skill, and had experienced boxingcorrespondents making impressed mutters as they waited for the two fighters after the bout.

If women's boxing was inaugurated on Sunday, it arrived on Monday, when the gender of the fighters was the least interesting thing about their contest. The women's sport may have a low profile in Britain, but in http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/ireland" rel="nofollow - Ireland , Taylor is a superstar (she is also, in her free time, a member of the women's national football team), with an appeal way beyond boxing's traditional heartland. "Yes, she's fighting the English girl," a smartly dressed middle-aged Irishwoman said loudly into her mobile as she queued outside the arena centre for a latte. "Oh, of course we're going to shout and cheer her on like mad."

Ireland is good at boxing – it's by far its most successful Olympic sport, and John Joe Nevin is guaranteed at least a bronze at bantamweight in the men's competition, with a number of other fighters still in contention. But Taylor is very, very good at boxing, and it will be a huge upset if she fails to win gold.

To measure how significant this is for her country: Ireland, in its entire Olympic history, has won 23 medals in total, one more than Michael Phelps. The country's eight golds compare to the swimmer's 18. Another would be welcome indeed.

The Ryan family had come from county Laois, all eight of them, three generations, just to see Katie. Daughter Finn, in tricolour wig, Irish cap and facepaint and wearing a T-shirt reading: "You'll never beat the Irish," said none of them had had any interest in boxing, or even, particularly, in the Irish football team, "but we started following Katie, so we're educating ourselves". Why the appeal? "She's just a lovely girl," chipped in her mother. "When you think of women's boxing, she's not what you think of. She's feminine."

There were other contests of note on Monday: chief among them a bout between Tunisia's Maroura Rahali and Mary Kom of India, a mother of two and a superstar in her own country who has won the world championships five times at 45-48kg.

Because that weight is not being contested in London – only three women's weight divisions having been admitted to the Olympics bill compared to 11 for men – the 1.57-metre-tall (5ft 2in) Kom has had to bulk up to fight at flyweight against fighters much bigger than her. She won comfortably, 15-6, however, and will contest the semi-finals on Wednesday.

Britain's Nicola Adams also won her bout against the Bulgarian Stoyka Petrova in the same division, but Savannah Marshall was defeated by the Kazakh fighter Marina Volnova in the heaviest 75kg category.

There was no question, however, which was the main event. The Irish bellows of "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!" had begun before the first two-minute round was done; shortly into the second, all commentary was lost beneath The Fields of Athenry. Jonas put up gallant resistance but was no match for Taylor's blistering punch rate and accuracy.

As the Irishwoman closed the final round, taking the bout 26-15, the crowd leaped to their feet, embraced and the songs began again, while a number headed straight to the concession stalls. Jonas took it all in good cheer. "Being a scouser I'm used to noises like that. And what a way to get behind women's boxing."

It's a curiosity of the competition that, having received a bye for the first round, Taylor is already guaranteed at least a bronze medal after only one fight, as both semi-final losers receive the award. Was she relieved to have got a medal? "Not really. I'm going for a gold and nothing else. Nobody's happy with a bronze."

It was a "privilege", she said, to fight in front of a crowd that was quite so dementedly behind her, but also to represent her sport, and not only as a pioneer. "People didn't really realise the standard of women's boxing. I think we're shocking the world here this week."

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:22am
Nicely written article (is my English correct?) KT deserves all the plaudits that come her way ...a real LEGEND Clap

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:22am
Is Taylor retiring from boxing after the Olympics.........(sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere)

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is Taylor retiring from boxing after the Olympics.........(sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere)

Her oul fella wants her to retire after them, and said as much in an interview a few weeks ago, he reckons the sport is consuming too much of her life. No word from Katie herself though. Link to The Sun reporting of his comments here;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunsport/4422828/Katie-Taylor-told-to-retire-after-Olympics.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunsport/4422828/Katie-Taylor-told-to-retire-after-Olympics.html

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:43am
What does she do away from Boxing? Only seen today that her brother is a maths lecturer in Trinity College Geek. Id say she the aul lad and aul wan would have her doing something with herself. She cant box forever on the sports grants money

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:48am
How many caps does she have for the football team? I can't find that info anywhere.

-------------

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 1:50pm
The Olympic legend of Katie Taylor begins.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-dwyre-boxing-20120807,0,6044369.column" rel="nofollow - http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-dwyre-boxing-20120807,0,6044369.column

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/boxing/story/2012-08-06/katie-taylor-olympic-boxing-debut-celebrated-by-irish/56824608/1" rel="nofollow - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/boxing/story/2012-08-06/katie-taylor-olympic-boxing-debut-celebrated-by-irish/56824608/1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/katie-taylor-proves-womens-boxing-at-olympics-as-much-about-ability-as-equality/2012/08/06/a35d9c18-e03b-11e1-8d48-2b1243f34c85_story.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/katie-taylor-proves-womens-boxing-at-olympics-as-much-about-ability-as-equality/2012/08/06/a35d9c18-e03b-11e1-8d48-2b1243f34c85_story.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/06/irish-katie-taylor-women-boxing?newsfeed=true" rel="nofollow - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/06/irish-katie-taylor-women-boxing?newsfeed=true

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:37pm
Great Stuff Katie, SuperstarClapClapClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm

Great Stuff Katie, SuperstarClapClapClap

Was Bray packed

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:46pm
Has she a ballbag? ...sh*te i meant boyfriend

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How many caps does she have for the football team? I can't find that info anywhere.

26 or 27

Landon, she has very good deals at the minute and will do for a few years whether she boxes or not

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:21pm
19 caps, 2 goals Dave

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:32pm
Half Day Tomorrow, and a short stroll from my house to a Golden Big Screen PartyClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:24pm
A hero Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:14pm

Half Day Tomorrow, and a short stroll from my house to a Golden Big Screen PartyClap

In bray myself tomorrow!Big smile

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:22pm

do you actually live 100 metres from the arabian derby, lucky fu*ker CryCryCry

-------------

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:55pm
Dundrum earlier...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 11:45pm
Superb ambassador for the country.  Hope she gets the gold she deserves tomorrow.  Quarter to five tomorrow will see country coming to a standstill ala the glorious world cup days.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:04pm
where in bray is the big screen? is it far from the dart station

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Shoreline Leisure Centre on the Southern Cross Road John, You can get a Red Finnegans Bus directly thereThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:26pm

Shoreline Leisure Centre on the Southern Cross Road John, You can get a Red Finnegans Bus directly thereThumbs Up
  top man brian... just out in dalkey so might as well go the rest of the way ! is their on the beach aswell?

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:29pm

top man brian... just out in dalkey so might as well go the rest of the way ! is their on the beach aswell?
Not near the Beach, Take the Southern Cross Bus from the Dart Station, See you thereThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:37pm

Not near the Beach, Take the Southern Cross Bus from the Dart Station, See you thereThumbs Up

You on for a few pints & food today Brianie. Bring whatever hair gel you use too. Cheers brother

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:40pm

You on for a few pints & food today Brianie. Bring whatever hair gel you use too. Cheers brother
LOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:59pm
It's only on up the road from me in Bray, absolutely delighted. Cans in mine after for anyone who's making the effort  Thumbs Up

Bring your own cans!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:24pm
I know I will cry when she wins, an amazing ambassador for her sport and for her country. The suport too is to notch, wish I had at least applied for the boxing. Ah well. Go get 'em Katie

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I know I will cry when she wins, an amazing ambassador for her sport and for her country. The suport too is to notch, wish I had at least applied for the boxing. Ah well. Go get 'em Katie

+1

I went to the World Championships in Berlin a few years ago and it was great to see.
Decided that I won't bother this year as I went to the Euro's instead.

Would have loved to get over for some of the Olympics.

GB have been a great host in fairness. They really bought into the whole Olympic spirit and created an excellent atmosphere from what I can see.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:28pm
Top girl is Katie
Doing South Dublin proud xx

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Cotsy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:29pm
incredibly nervous, is she a big fav for this? cant concentrate at all

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:31pm
Its amazing that not enough is being made of her faith. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

she is 1/12 with pp

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Top girl is Katie
Doing South Dublin proud xx

You seem keen to always go on about South Dublin. Aren't you from a disadvantaged area & holiday in a disadvantage area?

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

They were talking about it this morning on BBC radio Ulster saying how unstereotypical she is as a boxer - Good looking,shy, unassuming and a devout christian - they compared her to Jack Kyle who represented Ireland as a Rugby player and olympian. 

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

she is 1/12 with pp

Jaysus!!

Hope to god she's wins now Clap

-------------

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:41pm
she's beaten this russina before hasn't she...?

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

she's beaten this russina before hasn't she...?

Yes and the Russian has beaten her.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Cotsy
Yes this year in the worlds she beat her.

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

They were talking about it this morning on BBC radio Ulster saying how unstereotypical she is as a boxer - Good looking,shy, unassuming and a devout christian - they compared her to Jack Kyle who represented Ireland as a Rugby player and olympian. 
Yeah she is a regular attender at St Marks. Pentecostal Church on Pearse Street. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:59pm

Whats so amazing about it?

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:27pm

Have to be honest close enough now with the build up on rte, please god let her achieve what she has searched for all her life

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net