You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Taylor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Will the Leinster team get the same love for hopefully becoming the greatest club rugby side in history today?  Doubtful. Snobbery at its best on here

Yawn.  First of all, greatest club rugby side in history!?  laughable.  Are they even the best in Europe (Of course Europe in rugby means Ireland, UK, France and Italy) 

Am indifferent to who wins today with perhaps a slight preference for the underdog.  If Leinster win, they will get as much love as the blue magic brethren on leinsterrugby gave us when we qualified for the Euros.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:56am
Magnificent human being

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Will the Leinster team get the same love for hopefully becoming the greatest club rugby side in history today?  Doubtful. Snobbery at its best on here

I will be celebrating if Leinster win. I am not a massive fan of club rugby. I wish well for the Irish provinces and then obviously since I am from Leinster, they are who I will be cheering for today. But wouldn't be too disapointed if they lost either.

But I think the reason so many people are posting positive feedback is Katie Taylor has continued to be the best in the business at her sport and weight. She is arguably the P4P Women's number 1. If she was a bloke she would be on the Pacquiao level. It's a marvelous achievement.

It will also be a marvelous achievement if Leinster become European champions again. But people on here obviously feel in competition with Rugby supporters so that is why there is that bit of bitterness.
But it would work the other way I am sure there are probably Rugby forums where they downplay Irish football and maybe even our qualification for the Euro's.

Peter J. Russellroff View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:42am

Edited by Peter J. Russellroff - 19 May 2012 at 9:44am
weelout View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weelout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:17am
katie taylorClap hope she goes on now to win the gold at the olmypics she deserves it
ah sure it wil b grand in d mornin
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:16am
Crazy achievement for a 25 year old. Well done Katie
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:15am
Delighted for Taylor, well done. She is absolutely superb Clap
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:05am

Fair play. 4 worlds golds in a row is unbelivable. And shes only in here prime now too Ouch Thumbs Up

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:49am
4 time world champ Clap
shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:48am
All over 11 - 7Clap G' Wan Katie!!!!
shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:43am
4 -4 at the minute!!! Her left hand is very low but jabbing well
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:38am
cagey opening from Katie
Gino Ginelli View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gino Ginelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:14pm
Great performance by Katie.

No guarantees when it comes to the Olympics though
hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:12pm
3/10 on pp for the gold.  fair play to you girl.
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:11pm
I'd have Sonia O'Sullivan and Katie Taylor at the top of Ireland's greatest ever sports stars tbh!

Delighted for Katie and it was a joy to see her shed tears of happiness the other day expressing how much it meant to her Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:53pm
G'wan Katie
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:44pm
None of them in the same league , this girl is a superstar at whatever she does...pro footballer? boxer,,,,Gold medalist ?no pressure no contest NAP NAP NAP NAP
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:39pm
Had the fight recorded this morning, the Tajik wasnt in the same league. A lot of pressure on her shoulders though, the onl thing that will beat her in August.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic