Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA VS FAI thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:47pm
Well that would depend what colour Shaygivensbum has painted the grass!!!
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

GAA is f**king sh*te. You only have to look at what they do for 'training' to see how sh*te it is. They just hoof the ball back and forward to each other to practice kicking and catching and do endless handpassing drills. Absolute muck.

You're comparing an amateur sport v a professional sport
. There is a great amount of skill involved in Gaelic football as there is in hurling. Don't be pathetic.

No I'm not. I'm comparing my local amateur soccer and GAA clubs. Theres f**k all skill in Gaelic football, although hurling is a fine sport. 

I'd bet a team of Premier league goalkeepers with a few weeks training would beat a county side in a Gaelic football match. Awful stuff
Its typical GAA mentality , comparing their sport to top level football that the muppets feel so inferior of. Its a line often trotted out trying to make themselves feel special. Amateur v Professional , f**k off. Every professional footballer started out as an amateur so piss off if you are so bitter that you cant make a living off your sport. And then they might try to make an argument that their elite players are effectively professionals who don't get paid they are that good LOL Piss off
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 2:04am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The bitterness on here is embarrassing. People who get a kick out of lauding the supposed "superiority" of one sport/it's participants over another are nothing short of losers, plain and simple.

+1... the hack of this thread
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The GAA is the establishment sporting organisation in this country not rugby, athletics, soccer, rowing etc. All given massive grants, plots of land etc. 

So it's no surprise that even your bog standard average GAA club would have better facilities than a lot of the top soccer teams in certain counties. 

I'm not asking my local GAA club to give my team discount on beers in the clubhouse, the use of their players gym etc. But to allow us use of half the senior pitch and floodlights for an hour a week during the off season, which we would pay them handsomely for. 

TBF Carlow Rugby Club have allowed numerous soccer clubs use of their pitches and facilities Clap

We're blessed we have Carlow IT on our doorstep, they have some of the best soccer facilities in the country but to train there for 3 hours a week it's costing €160. 

What GAA clubs and county boards were given plots of land?
The current pairc Ui caoimh rebuild saw a rival sport have its land cpo'd. There were millions of acres given to them by the land commission in the early 20's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic