GAA VS FAI thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA VS FAI thread
    Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The GAA is the establishment sporting organisation in this country not rugby, athletics, soccer, rowing etc. All given massive grants, plots of land etc. 

So it's no surprise that even your bog standard average GAA club would have better facilities than a lot of the top soccer teams in certain counties. 

I'm not asking my local GAA club to give my team discount on beers in the clubhouse, the use of their players gym etc. But to allow us use of half the senior pitch and floodlights for an hour a week during the off season, which we would pay them handsomely for. 

TBF Carlow Rugby Club have allowed numerous soccer clubs use of their pitches and facilities Clap

We're blessed we have Carlow IT on our doorstep, they have some of the best soccer facilities in the country but to train there for 3 hours a week it's costing €160. 

What GAA clubs and county boards were given plots of land?
The current pairc Ui caoimh rebuild saw a rival sport have its land cpo'd. There were millions of acres given to them by the land commission in the early 20's
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 2:04am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The bitterness on here is embarrassing. People who get a kick out of lauding the supposed "superiority" of one sport/it's participants over another are nothing short of losers, plain and simple.

+1... the hack of this thread
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

GAA is f**king sh*te. You only have to look at what they do for 'training' to see how sh*te it is. They just hoof the ball back and forward to each other to practice kicking and catching and do endless handpassing drills. Absolute muck.

You're comparing an amateur sport v a professional sport
. There is a great amount of skill involved in Gaelic football as there is in hurling. Don't be pathetic.

No I'm not. I'm comparing my local amateur soccer and GAA clubs. Theres f**k all skill in Gaelic football, although hurling is a fine sport. 

I'd bet a team of Premier league goalkeepers with a few weeks training would beat a county side in a Gaelic football match. Awful stuff
Its typical GAA mentality , comparing their sport to top level football that the muppets feel so inferior of. Its a line often trotted out trying to make themselves feel special. Amateur v Professional , f**k off. Every professional footballer started out as an amateur so piss off if you are so bitter that you cant make a living off your sport. And then they might try to make an argument that their elite players are effectively professionals who don't get paid they are that good LOL Piss off
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:47pm
Well that would depend what colour Shaygivensbum has painted the grass!!!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Picking holes? there's Swiss cheese out there with less holes in than your argument GD

Philly if the grass was green and I said it was green you'd disagree Sleepy
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 6:22pm
Picking holes? there's Swiss cheese out there with less holes in than your argument GD
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 5:52pm
Fair enough, I have no agenda at all here.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Jaysus GD you are having a nightmare here, contradicting yourself all over the thread.

Can't be arsed debating with you on this topic, its boring and petty Thumbs Up

Your apparent agenda, won't see a reasonable debate happen so it's pointless. You're picking holes for the sake of it. 

Edited by Green Devil - 22 Oct 2016 at 3:49pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:55pm
The bitterness on here is embarrassing. People who get a kick out of lauding the supposed "superiority" of one sport/it's participants over another are nothing short of losers, plain and simple.
We're decent enough..
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:46pm
Jaysus GD you are having a nightmare here, contradicting yourself all over the thread.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:13pm
Can only talk from my own experiences but know both the local gaa and football clubs in my town would communicate together in relation to fixtures etc and also both have let the other use their facilities when needed

It's not just competiting sports that will fix events etc to clash either as it happens up here with the local soccer leagues planning fixtures and events to directly clash with finn harps loi games. Last year they the donegal league planned their annual awards night for the same night as a harps game knowing full well that this was going to have a massive effect on the crowd at the harps game.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:51am
I don't understand the rivalry, I simply don't get it. This is a small country, we've been blessed with some excellent sportsmen/women that many nations can only dream off in football be that Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, in rugby arguably the greatest of all time BOD along O'Connell Sexton ROG, golf Rory McIlroy, Harrington, Carl Frampton. We punch above what a nation of our side should should in various sports. There is no reason all sports on this island be those native to Ireland and others cant work together in fact its madness. 

The GAA do need to change their anti soccer stance and embrace it by working with the likes of Dundalk, Cork, Derry City at youth level and realising there is a career at stake, work hand in hand for the better of the young men and women of the future who will wear their county colours or the green of Ireland. Local GAA clubs are the heartbeat of most of our communities particularly rural communities, its were many gather to watch Ireland play in football and rugby also.. this is rotten at the top, I don't believe its the local clubs, bar a few who will make young men pick a code at a very young age which is pathetic.

Edited by SByrne24 - 22 Oct 2016 at 11:53am
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:30am

GAA is f**king sh*te. You only have to look at what they do for 'training' to see how sh*te it is. They just hoof the ball back and forward to each other to practice kicking and catching and do endless handpassing drills. Absolute muck.

That says more about the coaches at your local gaa club than the sport itself and anyway imagine practsisng kicking and catching for a game that involves let me see, oh ya, kicking and catching Wacko
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

The GAA is the establishment sporting organisation in this country not rugby, athletics, soccer, rowing etc. All given massive grants, plots of land etc. 

So it's no surprise that even your bog standard average GAA club would have better facilities than a lot of the top soccer teams in certain counties. 

I'm not asking my local GAA club to give my team discount on beers in the clubhouse, the use of their players gym etc. But to allow us use of half the senior pitch and floodlights for an hour a week during the off season, which we would pay them handsomely for. 

TBF Carlow Rugby Club have allowed numerous soccer clubs use of their pitches and facilities Clap

We're blessed we have Carlow IT on our doorstep, they have some of the best soccer facilities in the country but to train there for 3 hours a week it's costing €160. 

Portlaoise GAA Thumbs Up

The county board wanted to take over the back pitches around O'Moore Park.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:25am
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

So ye would pay the GAA handsomely but ye are giving out about paying Carlow IT €160 for 3 hours

Who was giving out about paying Carlow IT , I merely told people the price Confused

It's only €50 to run floodlights for nearly two hours do the maths. 

I'd also rather to have a working relationship with the local GAA club and would rather give them the money than Carlow IT a multi million pound organisation seeing how most of my team are members of the GAA club.

You're obviously just being outrageously petty for the sake it.......

cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:17am

So ye would pay the GAA handsomely but ye are giving out about paying Carlow IT €160 for 3 hours
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:54am

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:00am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

You're comparing an amateur sport v a professional sport
. There is a great amount of skill involved in Gaelic football as there is in hurling. Don't be pathetic.

No I'm not. I'm comparing my local amateur soccer and GAA clubs. Theres f**k all skill in Gaelic football, although hurling is a fine sport. 

I'd bet a team of Premier league goalkeepers with a few weeks training would beat a county side in a Gaelic football match. Awful stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic