You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Walters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 76>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

"Beating up a girl"

What an absolute d!ckhead thing to say about someone if not entirely true.  

If he "beat up" a girl I'm sure he went to court for it?

Here is an article where tgat trip wa mentioned:

And a quote from clough too:

"Inevitably there were a couple of nightclub incidents in Nottingham, places where he used to go for company. I had to get hold of him and say: ``You'd better watch your step.'' But he wasn't a bad lad and he never really let me down on or off the park. He'd have a drink, but not much and he was, basically, a loner. The only time he got troublesome was when people used to have a go at him for being Roy Keane, the Forest player. He coped brilliantly, with a little advice from yours truly"

There's no doubt he was wild in his youth, got into a few scraps, etc. But to say he beat up a girl is a stretch. He'd have a criminal record for that if he did 
He was definitely sent home from pre-season training for an altercation with a girl in a pub.

Edited by longford claret - 20 Apr 2024 at 10:07am
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:25am
Hotlips attempt to paint English-born players as scumbags has taken a turn...
We're decent enough..
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:38am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hotlips attempt to paint English-born players as scumbags has taken a turn...
How am I implying that Alex Bruce is a scumbag for being the victim of theft? LOL
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:38am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

"Beating up a girl"

"Inevitably there were a couple of nightclub incidents in Nottingham, places where he used to go for company. I had to get hold of him and say: ``You'd better watch your step.'' But he wasn't a bad lad and he never really let me down on or off the park. He'd have a drink, but not much and he was, basically, a loner. The only time he got troublesome was when people used to have a go at him for being Roy Keane, the Forest player. He coped brilliantly, with a little advice from yours truly"

There's no doubt he was wild in his youth, got into a few scraps, etc. But to say he beat up a girl is a stretch. He'd have a criminal record for that if he did 
He was definitely sent home from pre-season training for an altercation with a girl in a pub.
You're moving the goalposts now. 
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:44am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

"Beating up a girl"

You're moving the goalposts now. 
only because Keane didn't actually win the fight 😄
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:22am

"Beating up a girl"

You've actually responded for me. Altercation is very different to beating up a girl.

He was no angel, obviously got in skirmishes on the beer like alot of young lads, etc - everyone knew it. Didn't the sun or some other paper pay some young one to have a go at him in a pub when at united, etc - but to say he beat up a girl is totally different to being involved in an altercation. It's an absolute scumbag thing to say 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:27am
I heard Keane poured a full pint of lager over some girls head
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I heard Keane poured a full pint of lager over some girls head
Hardly the equivalent of kicking a defenseless woman in the head like Joey Barton as some people are desperate to imply for some reason.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:40pm

"Beating up a girl"

You've actually responded for me. Altercation is very different to beating up a girl.

He was no angel, obviously got in skirmishes on the beer like alot of young lads, etc - everyone knew it. Didn't the sun or some other paper pay some young one to have a go at him in a pub when at united, etc - but to say he beat up a girl is totally different to being involved in an altercation. It's an absolute scumbag thing to say 
  Clough wouldn't have sent him home if it was just a verbal altercation. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:46pm

"Beating up a girl"

The same Brian Clough who hid behind a door and punched a teenage Roy Keane as he ran into the dressing room after a game because he made a mistake. He wouldn't send Roy home for nothing?
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:50pm
Considering there are a hundred 'when Roy Keane farted watch Micha Richards face is priceless' stories on the internet every day. 

A beating up a women story would be pretty well known.
It would damage this forums' reputation
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 12:26am
This is the k8nd of stuff that gives Internet message boards a bad name.  You can't go around saying that kind of stuff on the basis of some vague memory not backed up by any corroboration and which seems bloody unlikely for lots of reasons
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 7:10am

"Beating up a girl"

So again, you said Roy keane "beat up" a woman. You can't substantiate that claim, and it's a scumbag thing to do to accuse someone of something like that without giving us evidence of it. 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 4:56pm
More than a few gossipy scumbags on this forum clearly.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:25pm

"Beating up a girl"

He threw a drink over her. I remember it being in the tabloids at the time. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:48pm
The Neil Lennon rumours were enough for some to not consider him for the Ireland job but they're having none of the Roy Keane rumours

Interesting
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The Neil Lennon rumours were enough for some to not consider him for the Ireland job but they're having none of the Roy Keane rumours

Interesting

Quelle surprise! Some lads at absolute pains to defend the Mayfield Judas LOLClap

Edited by Fitz - 21 Apr 2024 at 10:01pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:58pm
Does Roy still go to the Templeacre followed by Sidetrax on his weekends back at Cork?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 76>
  Share Topic