Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zack Elbouzedi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
I feel duped 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Scores!
I honestly don’t know how you got him mixed up with the third scorer😂😂
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He didn’t score.

Not watching. Was going by Twitter.

AIKs own Twitter had it down as him as did Livescore.

He also didnt get the assist it was Lustig LOL

Edited by Bandwagon - 20 Sep 2021 at 7:24pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:02pm
Kenny knows him from the U21s so why not. Hes worked with him previously. If he can add a bit of something different then lets see what je can offer i say.
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm
Delighted to see it work out so well for him. Himself and Cullen showing the fruits that can be enjoyed by venturing beyond England. 

The next hope for me one of Noss Garcia Mcnulty, Johansson,the Getafe lads make a breakthrough at their respective clubs/top flight continental League to further highlight this potential. Noss is regularly on the bench for Gladbach so hopefully he gets a few appearances at some stage it's an awful pity they are out of Europe extra games would probably have seen him make his competitive debut by now. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:53pm
Reports on Twitter that he was excellent and gave the full back a torrid time. Confirmed by Zack and the interviewer here: https://twitter.com/dplus_sportSE/status/1440029919099043840?s=20

The opposing full back was Oscar Wendt who, whilst he is 35, has been playing fairly regularly for the 10 season prior to this with Gladbach. That's alright. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 2:10am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:16am
he has a good dublin accent on him anyway LOL
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm
AIK lose again today as their run of poor form continues.

Elbouzedi yet to score in 16 attempts.

Himself, Ogbene, O'Dowda and Horgan probably have about 10 goals in 500 games combined (Elbouzedi has none outside of Ireland).

Pity so few of our wide players outside of Brady and McClean chip in with goals. 

McGeady is/was somewhat the inverse of this, at least at club level. Outside of the PL he was prolific at Championship level and in Russia.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
Scores a rocket Clap

Edited by Bandwagon - 07 Nov 2021 at 3:33pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm
Involved in 2 goals for AIKs 4-2 win last night, lands them in second place just 2 points behind Malmo with 1 game left to play.

As it stands AIK are guaranteed at least Europa Conference League qualifiers. If they jump Malmo it'll be Champions League qualifiers.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Involved in 2 goals for AIKs 4-2 win last night, lands them in second place just 2 points behind Malmo with 1 game left to play.

As it stands AIK are guaranteed at least Europa Conference League qualifiers. If they jump Malmo it'll be Champions League qualifiers.

Having a great season for them. Big pity they narrowly lost to Malmo the other week, could have had a league title under his belt in his first season.

Still in with an outside chance, AIK play a mid table team with nothing to play for at this stage but Malmo play a team that needs a win to avoid the relegation play off spot so you never know!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:21pm
He's doing well out there which is great to see and hopefully he will get the chance to play european football or get a bigger move off the back of his success. He is definitely flavour of the month with all of the Irish football accounts such as Kennys kids and Éire guide like Anthony Scully was last month. Playing without any real wingers in our current system will surely count against him. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:27pm
Nice to see him doing ok for himself but the standard of the league has to be taken into account. Playing in the Swedish league he would probably need to standout at group stage level in Europe to justify an Ireland call up.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:34pm
Sweden ranked 23rd by UEFA .
League of Ireland ranked 40th
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:36pm
To be honest, outside the top dozen or so leagues the standard falls off fairly quickly. League 1 in England would even be a good bit stronger than the Swedish League I'd say.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

To be honest, outside the top dozen or so leagues the standard falls off fairly quickly. League 1 in England would even be a good bit stronger than the Swedish League I'd say.

The top 4/5 teams which AIK would be comfortably able for League 1 if not Championship but as you say take them out there's a major drop off. Elbouzedi is playing to a far higher personal level then the lad who couldn't get a game in League 2 last year put it this way.

He has always shaped to me like a player that would be suited to playing on the continent Elbouzedi. Parrott actually who's flavour of the month in his own thread tonight is another one who could massively benefit for going out to a continental League. We have plenty others. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Nice to see him doing ok for himself but the standard of the league has to be taken into account. Playing in the Swedish league he would probably need to standout at group stage level in Europe to justify an Ireland call up.

Nonsense. Its a very good standard and good enough that there are over a dozen International players in his team including Lustig and Larsson who were both still playing for Sweden at both World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 while at AIK. Sweden always have a handful of domestic players in their squad. If its good enough for them, a team that regularly qualify for tournaments ahead of us, then their league is certainly a good enough standard for Elbouzedi to play for us while playing there.

Its certainly better than League One / SPL where a lot of our players are playing at the minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic