Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Teams Targets 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by dudnalkfc10 dudnalkfc10 wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

What do you hope for / expect for 2015?

At Rovers, silverware. The league or cup, no ifs, no buts. Fenlon has united the fanbase again and everyone is pulling the right way after three wasted years with waster managers. No excuses this season as far as I am concerned.

He hardly united the fanbase when he took over (judging by attendances since he took over) What has he done over the past month or 2 to bring them all back?

For our season, A title challenge (depends who we sign for up top, as top whether we can win it or not) and qualification for the Europa League, which Kenny seems to have set his sights on
group stage football is your target? Forgive me, but seriously?
Sponsored Links

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:11pm

At Rovers, silverware. The league or cup, no ifs, no buts. Fenlon has united the fanbase again and everyone is pulling the right way after three wasted years with waster managers. No excuses this season as far as I am concerned.

He hardly united the fanbase when he took over (judging by attendances since he took over) What has he done over the past month or 2 to bring them all back?

For our season, A title challenge (depends who we sign for up top, as top whether we can win it or not) and qualification for the Europa League, which Kenny seems to have set his sights on

If he gets a few of the rumoured bits of business done over the next month or so I'd be very confident of us mounting a serious title challenge.

Not a hope in hell of Kenny qualifying for the EL, but hey keep aspiring to be us...
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:50pm
1. Not get into financial trouble. For a league of ireland supporter, it has to be main goal!!

2. Stay up.

3. Get maximum points off craptown.

4. A good cup run.

Hopefully see 1 or 2 reasonably unknown players make a name for themselves like weve seen a couple of times over last couple of years
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Competing for promotion...Need two quality attackers. If we get Keating back on loan from Sligo then we wouldn't be too far off

2 hopes of that happening at the moment
Huh? No hope or lots of hope?!
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

If he gets a few of the rumoured bits of business done over the next month or so I'd be very confident of us mounting a serious title challenge.

Not a hope in hell of Kenny qualifying for the EL, but hey keep aspiring to be us...

Oh the irony......

Edited by Shoco - 06 Jan 2015 at 11:06pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Oh the irony......

17 league titles sunshine Clap
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:19pm
Memories light the corner of my mind, misty water coloured memories of the way we were
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:48pm
For me I want the league title back, don't mind about the rest
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:51pm
Both the Harding Cup (Freshers) and Collingwood Cup.

As a supporter, visit and trips of Cabinteely (hopefully), Cobh Ramblers, Wexford and Ballybofey in fact make that the entire fixture list.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:25am
It has to be promotion for me can't stand another year in the graveyard, believe we'll fold if we stay we're we are, as long as pats don't win the cup again I'll be happy ClapClap

Edited by irelandfan - 07 Jan 2015 at 12:25am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 7:28am
1) The League or at least a right go trying.

2) Two rounds of Europe.

3) Progression of young talent at the Club across all age groups.

4) A return to the style of exciting, attacking expansive football the Club has been synonymous with down the years (the Roddy and Noel King era's excepted).

5) The return of consistent attendances of 4k plus.

Anything else is a bonus.

dudnalkfc10 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:43am

group stage football is your target? Forgive me, but seriously?

Winning the League is our target, which I previously stated!

If we win our 1st CL game, we are guaranteed a play off for Europa League if we lost the 2nd CL tie, if we won that we would be guaranteed group stages in one of the 2.
What's the point in entering if the targets not getting into one of the group stages? obvs decent draws would be needed but its def something Kennys targeting as he has mentioned it a few times

Edited by dudnalkfc10 - 07 Jan 2015 at 8:46am
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:55am
Dunadalk strikes again. Do we need to explain what a target is and how that differs from an aspiration?

Edited by roverstillidie - 07 Jan 2015 at 9:55am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:21am
Stephen Kenny has said he is targeting qualifying for the group stages of EL on a few occasions

A TARGET!!!!
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:29am
So if you fail to qualify for the group stages the season is a failure?

SK talking about the group stages is an aspiration. The idea of the thread, and was going swimmingly till you showed up, was concrete targets. Winning silverware, European places, promotion etc. Stuff that if you don't achieve the season will be considered a bad one. Then you arrive with your unique take on the English language and it goes downhill.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:51am
Stephen Kenny has stated 1 of our targets is to qualify for the group stage.

You can take it how you like, I'll take the manager saying it as it is, that its one of our targets!
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:53am
Fifth in the table again and a good run at getting our trophy back from Pats
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:54am

So if you fail to qualify for the group stages the season is a failure?

SK talking about the group stages is an aspiration. The idea of the thread, and was going swimmingly till you showed up, was concrete targets. Winning silverware, European places, promotion etc. Stuff that if you don't achieve the season will be considered a bad one. Then you arrive with your unique take on the English language and it goes downhill.

Your question at the very start of the thread is 'What do you hope for/expect'

He hopes Dundalk get in to the EL knock out stages. The season won't be a failure if they don't, it is just his hope that they do. I think everyone on here can see that but yourself

You are some man for creating and subsequently destroying threads.

On the topic I 'hope' Shels get promoted, but can't say that I expect for it to happen. Will be a tough enough division as always
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic