Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Irish starting 11 based on club form

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 10:41am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

St Ledger does not even make hte bench for Leicester so how can you have him starting?

you are joking right? sure he hasnt put a foot wrong for us , why wouldnt he start ?

Because of the title of the thread "Your Irish starting 11 based on club form" LOL

ah for fecks sakes, fellas had moved on to the starting 11 , and ye lads go back to the start LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 11:42am
given 
o shea
dunne
sledge
delap
mcgeady
andrews
s.reid
duff
long
keane
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Interesting thread but i'm not sure the manager knows what club each player plays for, never mind their form.

i honestly think he only looks at the fellas in training when they come over, just wonder how he gets to hear of them all in the first place LOL

If you show up at the right four day training camp, that's it you're elected for good. It's like being made in the mafia. The players waste their time with good performances if they're not already "made".

You seem to think there Trapped that every single player available to us is grafting hard and putting in the decent performance's when they do in the hope of impressing Trap. Alright I will agree there is a certain percentage who do(the dunne's, whelans for example) but no-one can tell me the likes of Best, McCarthy, Wilson etc..(the ones on the fringe's of the team) arent motivated to perform for their club teams solely to impress their club manager and get the financial rewards and Eire is just a secondary thought to these lads until we qualify and then they'll be hoping from around feb/march to make an impression on Trap to get in the final squad knowing if they impress at the finals their clubs will value them more and reward them better.

This is about whether players are picked based on club form, which they aren't because Trap does not pay enough attention to how players are performing at club level. If he did he might find out more about a players' strengths/weaknesses. Even if he didn't play them after good performances, the least i'd expect is that he watches them or at least knows about how they did - in reality we know players' club form makes no difference to him, which is wrong.

It's funny a lot of the same people who say Coleman shouldn't play RB are the ones saying club form doesn't matter. Their reason for not wanting Coleman at RB? Because he plays RM for Everton!
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The amount of threads of this kind is crazy. We have lost 1 qualifier in 20 so Im happy with our team and shape.

For the next one of these endless bullsh*t type threads, I was thinking maybe a Raymond Domenech inspired - ' Your Irish starting 11 based on the month they were born/the alignment of the cycle of Jupiters 4th moon and the projected high tide time of the Liffey on June 8th'

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 1:23pm

marc wilson would be in the team based on club form this season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic