You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your funniest moment on tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Two mates (gerk one of them i think) getting a on-the-spot fine of €50 for discreetly pissing on the front wall of a copshop whilst the policewoman watches out the window....on the way to Amsterdam  briarena again.
can't bring people who drink in Rahtfarnham anywhere BB can yah ? TongueI used a drink there when I was eleven!!!Tongue..Gerk is an amataur drinker anyhow he probably get raped by an albanian illegal immergratClap...only messingCool

Edited by Justice Shark - 05 Mar 2009 at 6:08pm
Sponsored Links

Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

That wasnt funny JS, not funny at all mate! Dead
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

We were staying in a town outside Niigata(Ireland v Cameroon) when myself and one of the lads went for a dander at 630am in the town, anyhow ended up getting lostEmbarrassed and we asked a local for directions to the train station as our hotel was beside it, these Japs had not an ounce of english, so started saying to him "choo choo" with the arms going too to demonstrate a trainEmbarrassed gave me all these hand signal directions but we were none the wiser so dandered on for a while, came to another fellow, done the same motions with him, same, gave me a pile of hand signals, walked on for about 5 mins when heard car blowing the horn, that last fellow had gone back home, got the car, wife and 2 kids, started taking loads of photos of us(all had to have an invidual picture with them wearing the Ireland scarf too)  and gave us a lift. Worst thing was they left us right to the door of the station, got out of the car and walked in with us, started waving away and the usual bowing towards us, we had rail passes for the duration over there so we walked onto the platform, fook, they still stayed waving away and bowing, stil taking photos too(gave them the scarf to keep) and they stayed there til a train came, we got on it as we had not the heart in us to turn back and go across the road back to the hotelEmbarrassed We just got off at next stop and went back again.

LOL Brilliant Clap
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:36pm
legend tirchonaill,,typical irish way of going on
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
GREEN GIANT View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREEN GIANT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

i remember years ago i was in lansdowne and tony cascarino was having a nightmare of a game..one fan across from me tried to lift cas's spirits by starting the chant 'there's only one cascarino', which was met, quick as a fart in the wind, by a lad who just shouted 'thanks be to jaysus there's only one of him'..stand erupted.. 
  Classic ClapClapClapClap
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:05pm

A gang of us got the early flight to charleroi in belgium for the friendly against holland in 2004 where we had to get a train to amsterdam . We got on the train about 9 o clock the morning of the match and made a home away from home in between one of the carriages with a rake of cans in tow..

About half nine some american dude sees us doin a beer bong , comes up to us and asks where we are from and what are we doing on the rip at 9 in the morning. We got talkin to him and he tells us he is on his way to a job interview in some dutch bank so we offer him some gargle to calm the nerves . . he takes a can reluctantly and joins in the festive spirit as he had irish mates back home. .

Fast forward a few hours and we are all revved up coming into the dam , none more than the american . . . Transpires his interview is in 20 minutes and here he is with an irish jersey on , tricolour painted on his face and holding a bottle of rum !! We parted company and never heard from him again ..

Dont think he got the job for some reason LOL

Edited by BabbsBalls - 05 Mar 2009 at 7:07pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

A gang of us got the early flight to charleroi in belgium for the friendly against holland in 2004 where we had to get a train to amsterdam . We got on the train about 9 o clock the morning of the match and made a home away from home in between one of the carriages with a rake of cans in tow..

About half nine some american dude sees us doin a beer bong , comes up to us and asks where we are from and what are we doing on the rip at 9 in the morning. We got talkin to him and he tells us he is on his way to a job interview in some dutch bank so we offer him some gargle to calm the nerves . . he takes a can reluctantly and joins in the festive spirit as he had irish mates back home. .

Fast forward a few hours and we are all revved up coming into the dam , none more than the american . . . Transpires his interview is in 20 minutes and here he is with an irish jersey on , tricolour painted on his face and holding a bottle of rum !! We parted company and never heard from him again ..

Class story, LOL

maybe he had no job interview and he grifted you good for a few cansErmm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:13pm

Thats a possibility alright . . LOL

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:49pm
These really need to go in the next YBIG mago. They're certainly funnier then the ones from WHATS THE STORY (no offence to that book).
There are friendlier places to drink.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

Harassing a Herald journo in the hotel bar in Rimini after the game (whilst drunk) to let me edit his article (that sounds wrongConfused)
It was the only computer in the foyer and I was trying to log on to foot.ie whilst he was typing his article. We saved it on the hotel computer, not sure if it ever made print although he emailed it back to the Herald that night. God knows what shiite I was writing.
Hare Krishna parade in Prague was class, also drinking shots of liquers in a souvenir shop in San Marino, owner kept filling the glass. The Calcutta Express from Bratislava to Prague running out of beer, train stewards stopped en route to stock up!
All the Ireland fans singing the Barbie song before they let us out of the Podgorica stadium, far too many guys know the words to that song Confused
Getting locked into the Porterhouse bar in Mainz on the Sunday night til maybe 3am(vague memory), the cops coming in and just told us to keep the singing down a bit.
The bus from Rimini to San Marino, great response and singing to Joe Dolan's songs LOL
Tony O'D getting mobbed in Mainz when the live telly link came on LOL
On train from Mainz to Dusseldorf hungover to hell, a Josef Fritzl racist communist lookalike starting chatting to us the whole way. He overheard us speaking and knew we were speaking english but that it sounded different with strange and unusual words and phasesLOL
And 1st class train from Dusseldorf to Mainz when we only bought 2nd class ticketsClap

I sorta remember him in the hotel and you editing the article thought it was the night beofre the game though.
Think we were still drinkin at 8 the morning of the match, had to sent the bro to bed bout 5 he was fooked.
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:03am
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

a train came, we got on it as we had not the heart in us to turn back and go across the road back to the hotelEmbarrassed We just got off at next stop and went back again.

Legends!! LOL that is class TC
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:12am
fair paly lads . some great stories , telly bingo  , botel orgy , this is what its all about , 

in portugal a mutual friend of mine and TK's was with us and he was having some great banter with a gang of galway lads , they were sl*gging cork and he was calling them hippies and vegetarians, next thing two locals walked past the  pub carring a palm tree , your man stopped them and took out a cigarette lighter and made as if he was lighting the tree , he said it was a big joint for the galway lads to smoke !! the whole place erupted laughing .

the locals were all driving past the pubs in their cars and shouting "figo, figo" or "rui costa" or "1-0, 2-0"  this went on for about an hour and we would shout back , then some dub lad just arrived at the pub and he was standing on the footpath and a local shouted "figo" and the dub shouted back " gerry adams"! the whole fcuking place erupted laughing again!!

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Class story, LOL

maybe he had no job interview and he grifted you good for a few cansErmm

Wasnt even American, just some Irish lad on the scrub for a few cans putting on an accent LOL G'Day mate!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:15am

Quality stuff lads, will see if we can stick a few in the next edition

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:20am

beer bong at half nine in the morning , legends
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:29am
Location:Brussels train station on the way to game in Paris.....
Time: about 7:30 in the morning, the bar there packed with Irish fans. 

Picture the scene, loads of banter, jars everywhere, Gerk singing......

.....All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a double decker massive cream and merang cake in the face! Cool

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:32am
Wonderful stories......LOL, the reason Irish away trips are the best craic you will EVER have.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:35am

How did I forget Gerk being pied in Monty in a restaurant packed with people?!! (post a pic)

Gerk also being pied in Dubrovnik airport on the way home was classic. Count buys a pie from the shop. Everyone is hungover and half asleep; especially gerk who was sitting on a chair beside a Croat couple. Count approaches Gerk, pies him in the face, half the pie goes on the Croat young one beside him, the young one’s muscley fella notices what happens, loads of Irish lads begin to leg it away from him through the main departures hall sh*tting themselves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
  Share Topic