You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your funniest moment on tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kent o'brockman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 1:50pm
all the irish fans singing along(if you could call it that),to the french national anthem in paris few years back be up there for me.don't think the french had a clue what was happening.
Sponsored Links

gary breen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:04pm
ireland v columbia craven cottage ..borrowed a lifejacket frm a ryanair flight and pissed jumped of the top bunk off a bed in our hostel!!!!!!!!! (youtube) Big%20smile
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:11pm
Harassing a Herald journo in the hotel bar in Rimini after the game (whilst drunk) to let me edit his article (that sounds wrongConfused)
It was the only computer in the foyer and I was trying to log on to foot.ie whilst he was typing his article. We saved it on the hotel computer, not sure if it ever made print although he emailed it back to the Herald that night. God knows what shiite I was writing.
Hare Krishna parade in Prague was class, also drinking shots of liquers in a souvenir shop in San Marino, owner kept filling the glass. The Calcutta Express from Bratislava to Prague running out of beer, train stewards stopped en route to stock up!
All the Ireland fans singing the Barbie song before they let us out of the Podgorica stadium, far too many guys know the words to that song Confused
Getting locked into the Porterhouse bar in Mainz on the Sunday night til maybe 3am(vague memory), the cops coming in and just told us to keep the singing down a bit.
The bus from Rimini to San Marino, great response and singing to Joe Dolan's songs LOL
Tony O'D getting mobbed in Mainz when the live telly link came on LOL
On train from Mainz to Dusseldorf hungover to hell, a Josef Fritzl racist communist lookalike starting chatting to us the whole way. He overheard us speaking and knew we were speaking english but that it sounded different with strange and unusual words and phasesLOL
And 1st class train from Dusseldorf to Mainz when we only bought 2nd class ticketsClap

Edited by GreenTribe - 05 Mar 2009 at 2:15pm
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

wasnt on the trip but i can imagine the scene,my mates went to a strip club in slovakia and they said when they got in they looked on stage and there was 5 Ireland fans pole dancing and waving tricolours while the strippers sat beside the stage putting money into their boxers!!

ClapClapClapClapClap
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

wasnt on the trip but i can imagine the scene,my mates went to a strip club in slovakia and they said when they got in they looked on stage and there was 5 Ireland fans pole dancing and waving tricolours while the strippers sat beside the stage putting money into their boxers!!

ClapClapClapClapClap

I think that was by Botel (Hotel / Brothel). LOL

Same trip but different strip club... All the lads I was with let the girls know I was from "Hollywood".  All the girls were very impressed and to play along I let them know I was a casting director, got free dances and table shows the rest of the night. Clap
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
wolfe View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:51pm
paris a few years ago
guy tried tae jump around in a pub
trashed his hand then his head then his nose off a big fan in the ceiling resulting in hospital visit.

Back at the pub 2 hours later with face bandaged swamping lager
come ahead
uibhfhaili View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Jim26 Jim26 wrote:

What's a Botel ? Confused

Is it like a cross between a Brothel and a Hotel.

itd a cross between a hotel and a boat.... botel Thumbs%20Up

in fairness it was the first time i heard of them aswell Jim

Ha.
We arrived in Bratislava on the Train from Prague,and I got into a wee bit of bother for havin a smoke on the platform.Two guards reprimanded me and were demanding a bribe,for about a fiver or thereabouts,but it was the principle of the matter and I refused to pay.So,things were lookin a bit ropey,until about 100 or more Irish fans came down the platform only to see a fellow comrade in a spot of bother.They all crowded around the guards,completely overwhelmed them and I was let go.

Then,we got a taxi to our hotel,only to discover that the whole place was double booked...some fooker done loadsa folks outta money and accomodation that night,fackin cants!Angry
So,anyway the porter was dead sound and went totally out of his way to arrange alternative accomodation.
Nice wan.
We jumped in a jo maxi and headed for our new residence.
As we pulled up beside the Danube sometime in the early hours,we saw this Botel on which we were meant to stay,and bloody hell did it look well dodgy.I dunno what went thru our minds at that point in time,but it was soon forgotten when we got settled in and it ended up being a rollickin good time,except that we missed a nights drinkin in Bratislava.
Good times indeed.
As long as there is anything to be gained by saying nothing, it is always better to say nothing than anything
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirchonaill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 4:04pm
We were staying in a town outside Niigata(Ireland v Cameroon) when myself and one of the lads went for a dander at 630am in the town, anyhow ended up getting lostEmbarrassed and we asked a local for directions to the train station as our hotel was beside it, these Japs had not an ounce of english, so started saying to him "choo choo" with the arms going too to demonstrate a trainEmbarrassed gave me all these hand signal directions but we were none the wiser so dandered on for a while, came to another fellow, done the same motions with him, same, gave me a pile of hand signals, walked on for about 5 mins when heard car blowing the horn, that last fellow had gone back home, got the car, wife and 2 kids, started taking loads of photos of us(all had to have an invidual picture with them wearing the Ireland scarf too)  and gave us a lift. Worst thing was they left us right to the door of the station, got out of the car and walked in with us, started waving away and the usual bowing towards us, we had rail passes for the duration over there so we walked onto the platform, fook, they still stayed waving away and bowing, stil taking photos too(gave them the scarf to keep) and they stayed there til a train came, we got on it as we had not the heart in us to turn back and go across the road back to the hotelEmbarrassed We just got off at next stop and went back again.

Edited by tirchonaill - 05 Mar 2009 at 4:07pm
Saint Sylvester View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Sylvester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 4:57pm

Was Standing outside the airport in Skopje with a couple of mates having a couple of drinks, the day after we chucked atomatic first place away v Macadonia, when you know the type you often get at matches, dressed like their about to go onto a golf course, with his baige slacks, light blue polo shirt and jumper tied around his shoulders, really clipped accent and all that cojones, sounding like he should have been at a Leinster rugby game, sticks his head up into my mates face and commenting on the fact that my mate was wearing our nice bright Orange away jersey say's '' whyyyy daaa hellll are yoooo wearing daaat shirt, dat shirt is sooo disgusting, dats daaa worst jersey we have soooo had''.

My mate turned away from  this rugger bugger and pointing back at him shouted '' does Barry Manilow know that this man has stolen clothes from his wardrobe''.

The greatest put down I have heard delivered too a smart arse.

Edited by Saint Sylvester - 05 Mar 2009 at 5:00pm
See I don't give a f**k, thats my problem,I see a mudda f**king cop I don't dodge em. NWA
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:20pm
the boy z, gary breen,etc quality storiesClap lads..
I lived in South Korea during WC 2002 and when the lads came over from Japan and that i was asked about a particuluar song the South koreans sung which went like this : Tae Ha Ming guk Tae Hah ming guk, ehh oohh... well that's what it sounded like. It means Republic of South Korea basically..because they did so well everyone was singing it.. Next thing you have about 500 paddies in the middle of Seoul singing to the same tune as above but with different lyrics: " Tele Bingo Tele Bingo Tele Bingo thursday nites! ehh ohh!!!"
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

We were staying in a town outside Niigata(Ireland v Cameroon) when myself and one of the lads went for a dander at 630am in the town, anyhow ended up getting lostEmbarrassed and we asked a local for directions to the train station as our hotel was beside it, these Japs had not an ounce of english, so started saying to him "choo choo" with the arms going too to demonstrate a trainEmbarrassed gave me all these hand signal directions but we were none the wiser so dandered on for a while, came to another fellow, done the same motions with him, same, gave me a pile of hand signals, walked on for about 5 mins when heard car blowing the horn, that last fellow had gone back home, got the car, wife and 2 kids, started taking loads of photos of us(all had to have an invidual picture with them wearing the Ireland scarf too)  and gave us a lift. Worst thing was they left us right to the door of the station, got out of the car and walked in with us, started waving away and the usual bowing towards us, we had rail passes for the duration over there so we walked onto the platform, fook, they still stayed waving away and bowing, stil taking photos too(gave them the scarf to keep) and they stayed there til a train came, we got on it as we had not the heart in us to turn back and go across the road back to the hotelEmbarrassed We just got off at next stop and went back again.

LOLBrilliant
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
Anybody (apart from Gerk) on the train from Brussels to Amsterdam in 2000??

Lets just say it was te most eventful train journey one is likely to have....Ghettoblaster playing wolfetones, italians playing bongos and the emergency chord pulled three timesOuch
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
Singing "There's only one Johnny Logan"  and booing the cops everytime they took our ball in Prague, meeting the Serb hoolies in Monty, singing to "the Bride in White" in Bratislava, signing YBIG fanzines for all the hotel staff in the 5 star hotel in Budva as they all thought we were famous and minted when we really paid 15 quid for the room.....You just break your ballox laughing most of the time on these trips as you're constantly pisssed....apart from the match when you're usually shiiting it.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Singing "There's only one Johnny Logan"  and booing the cops everytime they took our ball in Prague, meeting the Serb hoolies in Monty, singing to "the Bride in White" in Bratislava, signing YBIG fanzines for all the hotel staff in the 5 star hotel in Budva as they all thought we were famous and minted when we really paid 15 quid for the room.....You just break your ballox laughing most of the time on these trips as you're constantly pisssed....apart from the match when you're usually shiiting it.

I likeClapClapClapClap ...................hopefully gazh and the count don't get involved in this thread HM cause it will be ruinedDead then !
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:45pm
Two mates (gerk one of them i think) getting a on-the-spot fine of €50 for discreetly pissing on the front wall of a copshop whilst the policewoman watches out the window....on the way to Amsterdam arena again.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:47pm
In fairness JS, Count should have a nice one about Hoskins trying to pay for the Botel and another one about some Ozzie/Irish nutcase in a balaclava in Bratislava!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:02pm
No need to mention dead bodies HM ffs !!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:02pm
That wasnt funny JS, not funny at all mate! Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic