Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your funniest moment on tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your funniest moment on tour
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:24am
lads there have been some hilarious moments on our trips away but for me the funniest was in lisbon in 2000 , there was at least 5-6000 on this trip and there were a gang of lads all dressed up as Arabs ( they looked class) the were up on the front row of the second level looking down on everyone. There was another gang of lads all dressed as elvis and as they walked underneath one of the Arabs shouted out " Elvis!! Ya American Bastard!!"

I laugh every time I remember that.

Any more good lines from away trips lads ? or even something someone shouted from the crowd at landsdowne?

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:27am
LOLClassic roger

Funniest moment for me was seeing the YBIG flag being nicked in monty.

Sat there,bottle of vodka in one hand,feet in the fountain,laughin my bollox off
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:28am
i remember years ago i was in lansdowne and tony cascarino was having a nightmare of a game..one fan across from me tried to lift cas's spirits by starting the chant 'there's only one cascarino', which was met, quick as a fart in the wind, by a lad who just shouted 'thanks be to jaysus there's only one of him'..stand erupted.. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:33am
ha ha roger, classic...

Not as funny, but amsterdam 2000 on the bus to the hotel...One dub goes to his mate another dub,

Dub 1:'jaysus, I cant bleedin wait to get to the hotel, im going to do 40 lenghts of the pool'

Dub 2:'40 bleedin lenghts????, you wont even give your wife one'

whole bus in stitches..

Edited by citizenerased - 05 Mar 2009 at 9:34am
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:34am
Hare Krishna's in Prague was quite funny
billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:46am
remember the early 90's at a game in landsdowne. jack gave some young lad (mark wilson I think was his name and he was an electrifying winger at portsmouth at the time I believe). he was very small in build though,a nd I remember one lad commenting :
"fux sake, Jack must be feeling confident when he's even giving one of the ball boys a run out" ...
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:59am
Mine was at a home game when at Half time they brought out this lad from England who was the World record holder for "keepy-up" (you know where you kick, knee and head the ball without it touching the ground). Anyway the young lad proceeded to strut his stuff around the edges of Lansdowne Road all the time moving around the pitch and keeping the ball up. Just as he got to where I was on the terraces after about 10 minutes he dropped the ball and a lad behind me went "JAYSUS!"
There are friendlier places to drink.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:00am

wasnt on the trip but i can imagine the scene,my mates went to a strip club in slovakia and they said when they got in they looked on stage and there was 5 Ireland fans pole dancing and waving tricolours while the strippers sat beside the stage putting money into their boxers!!

Theres only one sport that matters..
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:08am
Mark Kelly was the boy BB!! Disappeared without trace. 

Outside Giants Stadium going into the game v Italy in 1994, a US TV reporter asked our mate Fergus (dressed as St Patrick) what the mood was like in Dublin.  Gus said there was a barman strike as it happened and that if the strike continued for the duration of the Irish games it'd make the LA riots look like Sesame St.  LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:30am

Too many to put here but a good one was also from Portugal from the stadium of lakes game, 25000 Irish travelled to that game and loads did a week long trip in the Algarve, was coming out of a nightclub there a few days before the game and a local guy was selling food out of a van, he was on his own and just under way too much pressure and never had enough food for the masses of hungry Irish wantin a late night feed, he even had to drive off twice to get extra burgers from wherever he had them stored, anyway in the end the queue was more than 100 people I would say and a song started up, you’ll never feed the Irish.LOL

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Swiss Tony View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiss Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:38am
Was at the Ireland v Norway in Landsdowne back in 2003. Gary Breen was playing and having a nightmare of a game. At the time he was with West Ham and Glenn Roeder was the manager who had just been quite sick with head problems. Anyway after a series of bad touches by Breen a fella behind me pipes up

"Jaysus no wonder Glenn Roeder had a brain haemorrhage"

Whole place cracked up
Bill - "what do you think of Group B gentlemen?" (the group with Germany, Austria, Poland and Croatia)
Souness - "Looks a bit like World War II, Bill".
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:42am
another funny one the chant in the sqaure in stuttgart 06, we've got all your tickets, nah nah nah nah.

The lad licking the ball in prague square who was wearing as a rugby jersey, the whole square singing,,,ur suppposed to be in france, your supposed to be in france, he was morto..ha ha
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirchonaill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:15am
Same as RM, back to Lisbon 2000, the day of the game we were all looking for pub with eng v ger(last eng game at old wembley), nowhere seem to have it til we came across place down this alleyway, 1 barman sitting on a goldmine as nowhere else had it, place was size of someones front room, place was mobbed in no time as word got about, after about 15 mins barman takes cash tray out of till and walks out (ran out of beer) left the place unattended, put a few bottles of local spirit free on counter to help ourselvesBig%20smile(there were still some hanging up behind bar too) about 15 mins later he comes back with 3 mates carrying loads of cases of beer. He was amazed some of the spirits was still unopened, place intact, that he then walked down through the crowd handing every body a free can of beer. Was still probably his biggest pay day in that bar even with the free stuff he gave out. For the barmanClap and the Irish fans who he was amazed at that dayClap

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:19am
ah deadly lads , some great tales, "make LA riots look like sesame street",class!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:34pm
Bratislava last year, came back after a few sups to the Botel and all the staff were starkers getting it on! LOL

Caught rapid and when they opened the door/galley they all pretended it was a toga party and was one of the staffs birthday!Embarrassed
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Bratislava last year, came back after a few sups to the Botel and all the staff were starkers getting it on! LOL

Caught rapid and when they opened the door/galley they all pretended it was a toga party and was one of the staffs birthday!Embarrassed

What's a Botel ? Confused

Is it like a cross between a Brothel and a Hotel.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gouldinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:37pm
it wasnt on tour but my mate getting arrested for drunk and incapable a good few years ago. School the next day was legendary Clap
many a moment on Killiney beach before matches as well including the same lad getting with this bird and falling down on the ground straight after and pitching a tent in his jocks LOL
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Jim26 Jim26 wrote:

What's a Botel ? Confused

Is it like a cross between a Brothel and a Hotel.

itd a cross between a hotel and a boat.... botel Thumbs%20Up

in fairness it was the first time i heard of them aswell Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
  Share Topic